Chris Ivory will be first option if LeSean McCoy isn’t available

HOUSE

Chris Ivory will be first option if LeSean McCoy isn’t available

Posted by Mike Florio on July 12, 2018, 5:37 PM E

The day began with a post regarding the wisdom of the Bills having a Plan B ready in the event that running back LeSean McCoy can’t play. Intervening developments tend to make the necessity of a fallback option even more advisable.

Jay Skurski of the Buffalo News reports that veteran Chris Ivory would be the “first option” if McCoy ends up being unavailable, either because of his placement by the NFL on the Commission

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/12/chris-ivory-will-be-first-option-if-lesean-mccoy-isnt-available/

Edited by THE SLAMMER

Oh that will be great... expected to get 30 carries to over 250 if that’s the case. Should work out well. Ivory hasn’t been able to carry the load for 3-4 years now.

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Keith Ford's a slippery downhill runner. Would be cool if he turned out to be a diamond in the rough.

He’s someone I’m watching 

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills blew it. Should have let Richie Incognito play out his current deal with no pay cut. The Bills have the space

With the loss of Eric Woods this will not be the same Offensive line with power to the left.

4 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Oh that will be great... expected to get 30 carries to over 250 if that’s the case. Should work out well. Ivory hasn’t been able to carry the load for 3-4 years now.

He’s someone I’m watching 

i can't seem to find any profile on him. curious

edit: was actually trying to quote legoatski on keith ford

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

That might be the thinking of the Bills right now, with the players they have on their roster, but training camp and preseason could have aprofound effect on any decision the Bills make.

3 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i don't think i can sign on to ivory as a starter.  all i can see is 3yds.  2yds....pass and punt. i'd rather roll (if we could do no better) with cadet / jones / murphy.  of course dimarco makes 4.

30% of McCoy's carries were for -5 to +1 yards.