Chiefs RBs Available

Considering the possible issue with "shady".....and frankly even with no issue with him....Ivory and Tolbert aren't excactly good RB depth.

Considering the Chiefs have something of a glut of RB, and that both our team and the Bills have made some recent trades....it's perhaps worth considering another mutually beneficial deal should it become needed.

For you consideration.  Charcandrick West.  Has started for KC at times and been effective.  Decent pass catcher as well.  Expendable due to Kareem Hunt and the signing of Kerwyn Williams, as well as others on a deep depth chart at RB.  Started 11 games in the last few years for us.  

Spencer Ware, has started 16 games including 14 in 2016.  Was out all of last year with injury.  Career YPC 4.6 (with a large sample size)  Also can catch out of backfield with 48 career receptions, 42 of wich came in the 2016 season....again, expendable due to Kareem Hunt, other signings and other depth at RB, including West above.  Ware now healthy.

Good NFL backs with some proven  performance to look at.  Just FYI.

Just now, Zerovotlz said:

Considering the possible issue with "shady".....and frankly even with no issue with him....Ivory and Tolbert aren't excactly good RB depth.

Considering the Chiefs have something of a glut of RB, and that both our team and the Bills have made some recent trades....it's perhaps worth considering another mutually beneficial deal should it become needed.

For you consideration.  Charcandrick West.  Has started for KC at times and been effective.  Decent pass catcher as well.  Expendable due to Kareem Hunt and the signing of Kerwyn Williams, as well as others on a deep depth chart at RB.  Started 11 games in the last few years for us.  

Spencer Ware, has started 16 games including 14 in 2016.  Was out all of last year with injury.  Career YPC 4.6 (with a large sample size)  Also can catch out of backfield with 48 career receptions, 42 of wich came in the 2016 season....again, expendable due to Kareem Hunt, other signings and other depth at RB, including West above.  Ware now healthy.

Tolbert doesn’t play here.

West and Ware aren’t necessarily an upgrade from Ivory but at least in the same tier. I’d be interested for sure. A trade is a better route than any street FA other than Murray. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

West and Ware aren’t necessarily an upgrade from Ivory but at least in the same tier. I’d be interested for sure. A trade is a better route than any street FA other than Murray. 

sorry on that Tolbert....thought I had read somewhere you all had signed him...my mistake.  

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve been thinking of guys beane might wheel and deal for with a mid round pick if the worst happens with shady.... ware came to mind. He had a real nice 2016 season before he got hurt. I would argue he’d be a slight upgrade over ivory. 

Chris Carson in Seattle is another name that came to mind now that they took a runner early this last spring. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

8 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

How's everything going over on the Chiefs board?

4 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

How's everything going over on the Chiefs board?

LOL...I don't spend anytime on Chiefs boards..I am part of one facebook group and I can't hardly stand that....WAY WAY too much blind homerism in KC.  (Cameroheads)  I really enjoy this place...good discussion here.......been interested in the Bills since the Mahomes trade....and have found that lots of good, smart fans to chat with on this board...even though I am not a Bills fan.....all the Allen talk....and just general football discussion...plus the recent trades between KC and you for Ragland....and also we have Watkins so interesting to read all of what folks think of him here....wish KC had a board like this.

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’ve been thinking of guys beane might wheel and deal for with a mid round pick if the worst happens with shady.... ware came to mind. He had a real nice 2016 season before he got hurt. I would argue he’d be a slight upgrade over ivory. 

Chris Carson in Seattle is another name that came to mind now that they took a runner early this last spring. 

Maybe a slight upgrade at this point but neither is a needle mover. They are both depth guys. I’d rather have 2 “depth” type guys though that are at least NFL backs. 

Carson is intriguing as well. I don’t see the Bills trading more than a 6th for a RB and a 7th. Guys like Ware/West fall in that tier. 

If the Bills want to get a little more aggressive they should take a shot at Tevin Coleman. He’s entering FA and doubt that he gets paid after that Freeman contract. Maybe you can get him and extend him? He’s the guy that can be a lead back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Haplo848 said:

So my question would be, why wouldn't we just wait until the Chiefs inevitably have to cut one of their ridiculous number of good RBs?

You absolutely could...but they'd miss YOUR training camp.....wich isn't a real big deal...and I would guess, that we are talking 6th or 7th round type compensation either way.  

Someone mentioned Tevin Coleman, and I have seen that name elsewhere on this board....he'd be a great aquisition if you could land him......would take something good to get them to move on from him now considering he is really good proven depth.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe a slight upgrade at this point but neither is a needle mover. They are both depth guys. I’d rather have 2 “depth” type guys though that are at least NFL backs. 

Carson is intriguing as well. I don’t see the Bills trading more than a 6th for a RB and a 7th. Guys like Ware/West fall in that tier. 

If the Bills want to get a little more aggressive they should take a shot at Tevin Coleman. He’s entering FA and doubt that he gets paid after that Freeman contract. Maybe you can get him and extend him? He’s the guy that can be a lead back.

Coleman. Wow. Ya. Now that’s a serious idea right there. 

Bears were rumored to be shopping Howard this spring as well. I think that would take too much. Probably a couple of 2nds. So I think once McCoy has run his course here, whether that’s sooner or later, they have no desire to place a huge emphasis on the position. like you said, it would be somebody for a late pick that can fill a certain role alongside ivory would assume. 

2 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Or they could have drafted a running back in a talented running back heavy draft knowing their starting running back was 30 years old. That might have been the play.