If you could change one draft pick

making the trade up for roethlisberger. i rememeber hearing the discussions of us moving up but balking at the price.  it wasn't much either iirc.  our defense was so lights out that year but then we went on to lose spike and williams and adams i think all that year. 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Knowing what you know now, if you could go back and change one draft pick in the past 15 years, what would it be, and what player that was still on the board would you have taken?

There's a lot... but I think the top one would be taking Russell Wilson over TJ Graham.  that one stings more then Maybin, Spiller, trading up for Losman in my opinion. 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:40 PM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Josh Allen over Josh Rosen. Just kidding. But seriously there are just way too many do overs that I would consider. Mike Evans over Watkins? You can pretty much go down from there...

Josh Allen over Rosen ... I know your kidding... but man is this not in the back of my mind

On 7/12/2018 at 7:08 PM, John from Riverside said:

Russell Wilson instead of whoever in that round

Joe Flacco instead of whoever in that round

Wilson and Flacco sound good at first but then consider the Bills coaching staff and supporting cast

There's a reason Flacco is nicknamed "Average Joe".  Flacco would have been run out of town after three or four seasons under Jauron and Gailey

Gailey never would have started Wilson as a rookie.  Marone was married to EJ.  And Rex would have ruined him

On 7/12/2018 at 12:59 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Knowing what you know now, if you could go back and change one draft pick in the past 15 years, what would it be, and what player that was still on the board would you have taken?

Oh, SHEESH.  Just one?  Can I change 3 or 4?

OK, since QB is the most important.  I would say 2012, 3rd round pick #69.  Was used on TJ Graham.  Instead draft Russell Wilson (taken at pick #75)

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Wilson and Flacco sound good at first but then consider the Bills coaching staff and supporting cast (...)

Gailey never would have started Wilson as a rookie.  Marone was married to EJ.  And Rex would have ruined him

Gailey might not have started the 2012 season with Wilson - he thought highly of Fitz.  But he also knew he was coaching for his job in 2012, and after Fitz' 6 turnover performance vs NE in week 4 then 115 yds passing offense vs SF in week 5, I think Wilson would have gotten his shot, then we wouldn't have drafted EJ in the 1st and Marrone wouldn't have been "married" to him (strange marriage that has him turning first to Kolb then Orton).  It would have been Roman, not Rex, who had Wilson to work with, and I think he would have been fine. 

On 7/12/2018 at 2:08 PM, Soda Popinski said:

Russell Wilson over TJ Graham in the 3rd.

actually not trading up for JP Losman and then taking Aaron Rodgers the next year.  That's the one.   

I think these have to be the top 2 choices.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:57 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Although I hate this 20/20 hindsight threads i will play.

Odell Beckham or Aaron Donald  instead of moving up .  That would have added a 1st and 4th the next year.

Unreal what an absurdly expensive bad trade Watkins turned out to be.

that is my recent heart ache.
and one i keep revisiting while throwing darts at Whaley's picture

On 7/12/2018 at 7:18 PM, noacls said:

Ngata over whitner. This would have changed a few things. You prolly don't take Dareus and that gives us a  aj green, patrick peterson, julio Jones, jj watt, or tyron Smith..  if one of wr was taken then no **** trade for Watkins. 

Of the first 11 off the board in 2011 only 2 non-quarterbacks could be argued to be misses, and we of course got one. 

33 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bulaga    ANYONE instead of CJ Spiller.

Fixed it for ya.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

That's an easy one. Donte Whitner in 2006. That particular draft hurt us for many years.

OK, well maybe not THAT easy. Mike Williams over Bryant McKinney was the height of stupidity.

At the time, the consensus was that Mike Williams was the can't miss pick, and teams were lining up to get him.  McKinnie came with character questions as we found out with the Sex Boat (but he's a good LT, so we overlook that).  I don't blame the Bills for Mike Williams, because nearly everyone had him rated higher than McKinnie.

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

At the time, the consensus was that Mike Williams was the can't miss pick, and teams were lining up to get him.  McKinnie came with character questions as we found out with the Sex Boat (but he's a good LT, so we overlook that).  I don't blame the Bills for Mike Williams, because nearly everyone had him rated higher than McKinnie.

The thing is, Williams was an overweight Right Tackle with a chronic ankle injury coming out of Texas. Not such a great combo for a 360 pound lazy man with 25 or 30 million in his pocket. McKinnie was a superb blocker at Left Tackle both in college and the NFL and was twice as agile as MW on the worst day of his life.

Btw, we passed on Ryan Clady, Brandon Albert and Joe Flacco in order to draft the great Leotis McKelvin!

Edited by Bill from NYC

15 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The thing is, Williams was an overweight Right Tackle with a chronic ankle injury coming out of Texas. Not such a great combo for a 360 pound lazy man with 25 or 30 million in his pocket. McKinnie was a superb blocker at Left Tackle both in college and the NFL and was twice as agile as MW on the worst day of his life.

Btw, we passed on Ryan Clady, Brandon Albert and Joe Flacco in order to draft the great Leotis McKelvin!

Nobody on draft day 2003 panned the Bills pick and said McKinnie was better.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

And don't you be talkin' down LEODIS MY MAN!!  Boomhauer will always be one of my favorite Bills.  For about a 2-year period, he was as dangerous as Devin Hester on punt returns.  Too bad all that athletic talent didn't have enough focus and direction.

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Nobody on draft day 2003 panned the Bills pick and said McKinnie was better.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

And don't you be talkin' down LEODIS MY MAN!!  Boomhauer will always be one of my favorite Bills.  For about a 2-year period, he was as dangerous as Devin Hester on punt returns.  Too bad all that athletic talent didn't have enough focus and direction.

My signature on this board was "Draft McKinnie!" ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1