If you could change one draft pick

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Russell Wilson over TJ Graham in the 3rd.

actually not trading up for JP Losman and then taking Aaron Rodgers the next year.  That's the one.   

The absolute best answer, my first thought and let's not forget John McCargo when we could have drafted Gronk

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

It's also why you don't trade UP, you trade DOWN....quantity of picks trumps quality of picks, b/c these guys have no idea who will be good, great, or bust.

I agree in almost every scenario...unless there is a franchise QB available. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Let's go back farther and draft Tom Brady instead of Leif Larsson.

Getting Roethlisberger at all costs

Not trading for Losman and drafting Aaron Rodgers

Clay Matthews instead of Maybin

JJ Watt over Dareus

Ngata > whitner

Dwight Freeney > Mike Williams

yup!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Read the rest of my post.....

Yes you are acting like a white knight, overly protecting a woman from scrutiny. People are suggesting that she may have set this up or mad at her for squatting; and those are legit theories or speculations at this point because we only have a little information, nothing tying McCoy to it and little Motivation for a multimillionaire with a bunch of money left on the table to commit the crime.

He’s more than able to defend himself, but all I’ve seen Tom do is scrutinize every angle of this story. So “protecting her from scrutiny” is flat out ridiculous. 

She isn’t “squatting” either chief.

Ngata over whitner. This would have changed a few things. You prolly don't take Dareus and that gives us a  aj green, patrick peterson, julio Jones, jj watt, or tyron Smith..  if one of wr was taken then no **** trade for Watkins. 

I think Graham over Wilson has to be the answer but we should stick to the 1st round or 2 at most. Stars that were drafted later were missed by everyone. Swinging and missing early sets you back. I’ll try to use just 1st rounders vs. other 1st rounders. Also i will try to take guys that made sense at the time. With that being said:

- Mike Williams over Ed Reed

- Whitner over Ngata

- McCargo over Mangold

- McKelvin over Talib

- Maybin over Orakpo

- Spiller over Thomas

- Dareus over Julio

- Gilmore over Cox

- EJ over Hopkins

- Sammy over Mack

FWIW, we really didn’t pass on a lot of great QBs. We had a shot in 2017 at some good ones but got our guy this year. We will see how that plays out. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think Graham over Wilson has to be the answer but we should stick to the 1st round or 2 at most. Stars that were drafted later were missed by everyone. Swinging and missing early sets you back. I’ll try to use just 1st rounders vs. other 1st rounders. Also i will try to take guys that made sense at the time. With that being said:

- Mike Williams over Ed Reed

- Whitner over Ngata

- McCargo over Mangold

- McKelvin over Talib

- Maybin over Orakpo

- Spiller over Thomas

- Dareus over Julio

- Gilmore over Cox

- EJ over Hopkins

- Sammy over Mack

FWIW, we really didn’t pass on a lot of great QBs. We had a shot in 2017 at some good ones but got our guy this year. We will see how that plays out. 

That's true, most successful 1st round QB's in the last 15 years were already off the board by the time the Bills picked. Biggest misses: McKelvin at 11th instead of Flacco at 18th. 

And for a huge "what if": we traded our 2005 1st rd pick to select Losman in 2004. That 2005 pick ended up being 20 overall, some guy named Aaron Rodgers was still on the board at that time (he was the 24th pick). 

In hindsight the Dareus pick really hurts. There's about 5 future HoF'ers we could've realistically picked there.  

• Like (+1) 1

I will disagree on the Dareus and Watkins being worst as both had there great moments. I would certainly  change out McCargo for Andrew Whitworth and obviously TJ for Russell(though Russell still shocks me how good he is).

When I initially saw this thread my mind went directly to maybin over orakpo. I was screaming at the tv for that one. But a great point was made here. If we took Ngata over Whitner, that leaves us with the pick of an amazing litter between julio, aj, jj and a couple more i cant think of. Boy that stings. Also, I didn’t hate it at the time, but that trade up for sammy hurts.