The Herd- AFC east predictions

major

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Cowherd is on that "Skip Bayless" level of stupidity. I have never been able to listen to that idiot. 

All he does now is talk La Bron 24/7. His show has gotten boring  and one dimensional. Loves comparing sports stories with movies or celebrities. Same garbage. 

why anyone gives a crap what that moron thinks, I don't know

He's of the shock jock sports radio ilk like Jim Rome. Completely uninteresting. They just spout hot takes and let their listeners provide any real content.

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

when the Bills actually do something on the field that proves Colin wrong it will be much appreciated

I went back and checked his predictions for a year ago.  He had New England at 14-2 and winning the division.  They went 13-3 and won the division.  Not bad, but a lot of people predicted the Patirots would win not only the division but the Super Bowl.  He had Miami at 9-7.  Miami went 6-10.  Oops!  He had Buffalo at 7-9. Not too far off, but instead of finishing in third place in the division, Buffalo finished 2nd and went to the playoffs.  He had the Jets pulling a Cleveland and going 0-16.  The Jets finished last in the division, but won 5 games, looking rather competent at times.  Cowherd is not terrible at making predictions, but he's not spot on many times either.  I don't think there is any particular reason to give up on hoping for more than one win in the first half of the season just because Colin says they won't.

Edited by TigerJ

I was watching his show between world cup matches and he was doing math on Lebron vs Tommy and screwed up the math pathetically-basically he said they had equal playoff winning % in careers and it is not even close. His job is to get people worked up during the slow season. I was annoyed for 12 seconds and just turned channel.

14 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

You explained why it’s not wise to trade up for a qb. 

Not at all.  You've got to take the shot in the hopes you find your guy, but you do that knowing the odds are against you.

15 hours ago, Augie said:

...and loves the Pats*. Hardly going out on a limb. Eventually, he will have to change his tune, and that can’t come soon enough! 

Yes, eventually Brady and Belichick will age out and NE will give up its dominance, but that's irrelevant to whether or not the Bills do better in the next two decades than they did in the previous two.  NE's dominance wasn't the reason for the Bills' mediocrity in the past any more than its decline will be the reason for the Bills play in the future. 

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Like make the playoffs?

9-7 and a wild card loss hardly portend the beginning of a dynasty. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Yes, eventually Brady and Belichick will age out and NE will give up its dominance, but that's irrelevant to whether or not the Bills do better in the next two decades than they did in the previous two.  NE's dominance wasn't the reason for the Bills' mediocrity in the past any more than its decline will be the reason for the Bills play in the future. 

Did anyone say it portends a dynasty?  Cowherd predicted 7-9 last year and instead the Bills made the playoffs.

The problem with 24 hour a day sports is guys like Cowherd have to dream stuff up to talk about every day, and have to do so in the most annoying way possible to get people to hit them on social media.

40 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Five minutes after the Bengals win, I knew if we lost to the Jags people would start to discount breaking the playoff drought as meaningless.

We made the playoffs with one of the worst rosters in the NFL. Our secondary was seen as the worst in the league yet produced multiple pro bowlers.

The Talking heads are irrelevant, McDermott knows what he's doing

• Like (+1) 1

Cowerd will be eating crow sometime around Oct/Nov.  This was a playoff team last year.  They finally got a taste of the playoffs and this team will want more of that.  I don't see a backslide from last season.  No matter which of our 3 QBs earns the starting job, we will be improved at QB this season.  I trust in coaching staff to do the best with what they have and to make changes whenever needed.  Buffalo will be returning to the playoffs again this season.  I do expect them to have a slow start, as Cowerd mentions, but nothing as severe as 1-7 at the halfway mark.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Did anyone say it portends a dynasty?  Cowherd predicted 7-9 last year and instead the Bills made the playoffs.

The problem with 24 hour a day sports is guys like Cowherd have to dream stuff up to talk about every day, and have to do so in the most annoying way possible to get people to hit them on social media.

7-9 they went 9-7, pretty good guess right? Have you ever followed his five picks each week against the Vegas spreads? He was at 60 something percent last i remember, better than most guys that sell their picks!

Of course guys like Cowherd can play the audience a bit but he is not Skip Bayless. Also watch the segment where he has a bet against his staff and has to guess what the spreads will be before seeing them each week. He knows his stuff. 

His first impression was that Allen is in a place where he is set up for early success with the run heavy scheme and play action FWIW. That was shortly after the draft. I have listened to him much lately.

Edited by Commonsense

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

7-9 they went 9-7, pretty good guess right? Have you ever followed his five picks each week against the Vegas spreads? He was at 60 something percent last i remember, better than most guys that sell their picks!

Of course guys like Cowherd can play the audience a bit but he is not Skip Bayless. Also watch the segment where he has a bet against his staff and has to guess what the spreads will be before seeing them each week. He knows his stuff. 

His first impression was that Allen is in a place where he is set up for early success with the run heavy scheme and play action FWIW. That was shortly after the draft. I have listened to him much lately.

I don't listen to anyone except maybe Russo on my way home.  I think they all bloviate just to bloviate.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't listen to anyone except maybe Russo on my way home.  I think they all bloviate just to bloviate.

Russo is that the guy that used to get on with SVP and spend half his show talking about himself being awkward around college chicks? 

Strange that you would group them all together if you have never listened to them. Cowherd is one of the few national guys that can give you the pulse on any given team. I always see complaints that the national guys don’t know the Bills as good as any of us, he is the best informed national guy I have found. 

Either he actually places bets on games or he takes his job very seriously or both. It’s slow season right now for sports so everyone’s a bore, give Colin a chance during the season, even if you don’t find him enjoyable I bet you will find him informative. 

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

I’m NOT saying there is a direct correlation to the success and failure of the Pats* and the Bills, just that these things go in cycles, long or short. The tide will turn for both teams in time, but not necessarily timed together. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Russo is that the guy that used to get on with SVP and spend half his show talking about himself being awkward around college chicks? 

Strange that you would group them all together if you have never listened to them. Cowherd is one of the few national guys that can give you the pulse on any given team. I always see complaints that the national guys don’t know the Bills as good as any of us, he is the best informed national guy I have found. 

Either he actually places bets on games or he takes his job very seriously or both. It’s slow season right now for sports so everyone’s a bore, give Colin a chance during the season, even if you don’t find him enjoyable I bet you will find him informative. 

Maybe I'll try him.  He's on while I'm at work though so it would be tough.

Idk why everyone is getting  mad about someones opinion. We all know our roster isnt the best, add the schedule and rough road trip start, 5-11 isnt out of the realm of possibility. Same with the Jets, thats the only disagreement i have with the OP. Jets have a solid defense but have an offense that lacks playmakers like we do.