The Herd- AFC east predictions

major

Cowherd had this prediction today: Pats (10-6), Jets (8-8), Dolphins (7-9), Bills (5-11). He added that he likes our coaching staff but expects us to be 1-7 to start the season and said of course Allen feels no pressure, it’s Buffalo. He also said he feels Allen will be a bust. Wasn’t flattering but he’s never flattering when discussing our team

I have to say, I agree with just about everything referenced in the OP.

His pecking order for the division, having NE as winner, and our record are all about right.

On top of that, all evidence suggests Allen will be a bust, until he defies the odds and proves otherwise.

Do you people really dislike Cowherd, or do you just dislike anyone who suggests the Bills are not a perfect organization destined to be undefeated in the coming year?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The order for the division aside from the Pats at number 1 is likely irrelevant.  At this point, I would be surprised if the Bills, Jets, or Dolphins make the playoffs.  I would actually be surprised if the Pats didn't have a better record, seeing as they play the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins 6 times a year.

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Cowherd was reported making $6,000,000 a year, and got a recent 4 year extension.

Talk about lighting money on fire.  Does anyone watch/ listen to him anymore?

9 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

how the hell does he think the jets will be 8-8? 

I think they have sleeper potential.  I think Bowles is a solid coach and their D will be top 15.  If they can get constant qb, they will be tough.  I think Miami sucks.

Any of you who think Cowherd believes even half of what he pontificates about don't really understand what he's doing.  He gets paid the way he does because he gets ratings and reactions.  He knows if he insults Buffalo the rabid sports fans of Buffalo will flood him with complaints.  He knows there is no risk in picking the Pats*** to win the division.  And it's easy to predict Allen will be a bust because you could predict that about EVERY QB TAKEN and be right over 80% of the time.

In other words -- yawn.

• Like (+1) 6

39 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Cowherd was reported making $6,000,000 a year, and got a recent 4 year extension.

I’m surprised that’s all, because I read Skip “Talentless” Bayless got $5.5/yr and a 4 mil signing bonus. 

Just now, Augie said:

I’m surprised that’s all, because I read Skip “Talentless” Bayless got $5.5/yr and a 4 mil signing bonus. 

That alone is why America is both the best and worst country in the world.  Who honestly listens to anything Skip Bayless says?

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

That alone is why America is both the best and worst country in the world.  Who honestly listens to anything Skip Bayless says?

I avoid it like the plague! I listen to Cowherd, but turn in a couple minutes late rather than a couple early. 

17 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He's easy to listen too....unlike Jim Rome.

Back when he was the only option I had, I’d walk across the room to turn down his donkey screeching noise he would air endlessly. Why would he want to punish people like that for listening???  

1 minute ago, Jpsredemption said:

Bills roster is hideous. How could anyone argue? I think 5 is high.

Some people agree with you every year. They are almost always wrong, but we all get an opinion. 

I am not a fan of Cowherd.  I think he's a blowhard and I don't value his opinion any more than the opinion of most posters on this board (or anyone else).  As to his preseason predictions, they are meaningless.  Nobody knows how things will shake out.  I do respect his business sense in that he has somehow made millions off of his obnoxious, annoying personality.  I guess some people find it entertaining.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

when the Bills actually do something on the field that proves Colin wrong it will be much appreciated

didn't they make the playoffs last year ?

1 hour ago, major said:

Cowherd had this prediction today: Pats (10-6), Jets (8-8), Dolphins (7-9), Bills (5-11). He added that he likes our coaching staff but expects us to be 1-7 to start the season and said of course Allen feels no pressure, it’s Buffalo. He also said he feels Allen will be a bust. Wasn’t flattering but he’s never flattering when discussing our team

the pats at 10-6 is more shocking than the Bills are 5-11.   I understand there are problems with the Pats but i need to see them lose 6 games with Brady to believe it .