Should we look at Eddie Lacy

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

He will be wearing 99, with tape over the name plate 

...thinkin' only 9999 would be visible on his backside................Slimfast endorsement could be in his future...................

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Can we get a 'bicycle built for 3'?  Make sure you order the HD suspension package.

.....that would be over the weight limit for 92.7% bridges in the US.....how would you like to be a rim for THAT bike anyway?......same thing happened to him that happened to me...went tanning and caused a grease fire.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billspro said:

There are probably 50 RBs I would rather sign than Lacy.

I wouldn't mind Lacy because he is young and recently productive (5.1 YPC in 5 games in 2016 before getting hurt) and Lacy is still only 27/28 with some injury history but not a major one. I think there exist better options but Lacy has some sort of chance to be productive. 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:32 AM, RPbillsfan said:

I was reviewing free agent RB's in light of the allegations against Leshon McCoy and the possibility of some type of suspension.  The name that caught my eye was Eddie Lacy who is only 27 and not to much use over the last couple of years.

I realize he has had weight/conditioning issues and is primarily an inside, between the tackles type but may be able to play and give the Bills a decent one-two punch with Chris Ivory.

Just a thought for the board to consider.

So you recognize that Eddie Lazy I mean Lacy has a weight and conditioning problem but we should sign him and he'd be a 1-2 punch with ivory? Sometimes you just have to read what you write and you can answer your own question. Chris Ivory has been a pretty solid back on both the jets and Jacksonville, he is no mcCoy but there are few like him, we will see if we've done enough as far as roster depth at RB to take the load off of any QB that starts for us.

15 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't mind Lacy because he is young and recently productive (5.1 YPC in 5 games in 2016 before getting hurt) and Lacy is still only 27/28 with some injury history but not a major one. I think there exist better options but Lacy has some sort of chance to be productive. 

He was in shape for 1 season in his career. He also didn't have to run against stacked boxes in Green Bay. He looked like Tolbert the season he played in Seattle. 

You mean "Bready" Lacy? I watched a run where he broke free and went about 60 yards and I swear it was the longest 60 yard run I've ever seen from an RB...it looked like he was moving in slow motion...seemed like it took 10 seconds in the last 40 yards where he was running and there were no moves it was just a straight ahead run

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/divisional-can-t-miss-play-eddie-lacy-gets-it-going-about-nfl-green-bay-packers-at-arizona-cardinals-divisional-playoffs-on-nfl-live-2b_0s

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

A fat, slow RB is just what the Bills need.

stick with tradition.
Mike Tolbert should be a Coaching assistant for the Bills soon enough. perfect mentor.
Will Daboll be using the Dennison method this year ?

so ?
No to Lacy 

While I think he'd be worth a look if they had to scramble for someone, I don't think he's a McDermott type of guy. He's stated before that the main reason he plays is so he can provide for his family. Nothing wrong with that, really, but McDermott wants guys who play for more than just the paycheck.

Weight-wise, I believe when he was in Seattle they loaded his contract with incentives if he was able to keep his weight at or under a certain number. And as far as I know, he worked pretty hard with their trainers to get to the weight they wanted him at and was able to maintain it for the season or two he was there.

I remember his rookie year when he was solid, I busted open a box of cards and got an autographed Lacy rookie card. At that time, his signed RC's were going for $50-$60 on eBay but I was like, meh, I like this one, I'll hang onto it... now it probably would get $10 tops haha.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:18 PM, billsfan89 said:

How you explain 2017?

44 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

While I think he'd be worth a look if they had to scramble for someone, I don't think he's a McDermott type of guy. He's stated before that the main reason he plays is so he can provide for his family. Nothing wrong with that, really, but McDermott wants guys who play for more than just the paycheck.

Weight-wise, I believe when he was in Seattle they loaded his contract with incentives if he was able to keep his weight at or under a certain number. And as far as I know, he worked pretty hard with their trainers to get to the weight they wanted him at and was able to maintain it for the season or two he was there.

I remember his rookie year when he was solid, I busted open a box of cards and got an autographed Lacy rookie card. At that time, his signed RC's were going for $50-$60 on eBay but I was like, meh, I like this one, I'll hang onto it... now it probably would get $10 tops haha.

They set him milestones to weigh in, with a bonus to hit each milestone, and he did.

What he wasn't able to maintain was decent productivity as an RB. 

So whether or not you think he's worth looking at, depends upon what you think the reason for that lack of productivity might be.

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How you explain 2017?

They set him milestones to weigh in, with a bonus to hit each milestone, and he did.

What he wasn't able to maintain was decent productivity as an RB. 

So whether or not you think he's worth looking at, depends upon what you think the reason for that lack of productivity might be.

I'm sure there are a number of reasons for his lack of productivity... here are a couple:

-Injuries. He's appeared in only 14 games over the last two seasons.

-He's not a very versatile back. He's not gonna run away from anyone and he's almost strictly a between the tackles guy.

-Seattle's offensive line. Whether it's the type of scheme they run, the OL coach, how they coordinate the run game... or, the players they have starting on the OL just aren't very good, which is the most likely scenario. Russell Wilson has only enjoyed one season (his rookie year) where he hasn't been sacked 40+ times. In his six seasons, he averages 41.3 sacks per season. I'm not sure where that ranks in the league but if I had to guess I'd say "pretty close to last." Also, Tom Cable as their OL coach didn't do them many favors, he used schemes that really didn't suit his players.

After they lost Lynch, Seattle's running game has been less than stellar and has featured a rotating cast of different backs. Thomas Rawls was really good for them in 2015, but injuries led to him getting cut. They had Christine Michael on two different occasions and he could never get going. They rolled with CJ Prosise and Chris Carson last season, both went on IR before like, week six. So, over the last couple of seasons, it's pretty evident that Seattle just hasn't had a very good ground game. They drafted Rashaad Penny and expect both Carson and Prosise to be 100% for 2018 so they may improve this year.

I'm not endorsing they go out and sign Lacy. My train of thought is that if things get really f'd with the RB group then Lacy, to me, would be a guy worth calling in for a tryout because it's clear that McBeane like having a bigger, north-south/power runner on their roster. 

With all that said... he won't be a member of the Buffalo Bills, like.... ever.