Should we look at Eddie Lacy

4 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

Addressing a couple of things for this thread and the OP, not necessarily in any order:

• The Bills aren't "looking at anyone" until there's evidence that L.McCoy actually may have did something wrong.
    • The court filing from last year isn't evidence.  Circumstantial.
    • The fact that the perpetrator took jewelry that McCoy was trying to repossess is circumstantial.
    • The idea that McCoy would perpetrate an attack a day before a court ruling to remove his ex from his house seems utterly ridiculous.
  • The idea that they will sign some aging veteran that once had a good season years ago just seems idiotic to me.  Isn't Chris Ivory just another aging vet (30) that last had a good season 3 years ago, any different?
    • DeMarco Murray and Adrian Peterson haven't done anything in several years and are simply old
    • Eddie Lacy is even more removed from playing well
  • The idea that there's some young guy out there with so much potential makes me laugh a little when the Bills already have rookie Keith Ford on their roster.  He's the UDFA RB that the Bills think may have something to offer.  They backed that up with UDFA FB Zach Olstad.
  • With McCoy on the roster, they're carrying 6 running backs and 2 fullbacks.  Barring injury, I don't see a pressing need to add a body "just because", even if the McCoy allegations turn out to be true and he misses time.  Do we need 8 ball carriers?  Why not 10?  Why not 15?  A balance must be struck at some point with needs at other positions.

All that you say makes sense...but I think you are wrong if you think the Bills aren't looking at their options.  Short of this woman confesssing that all of this was just a ruise, I will be pretty shocked if LeSean McCoy is a Buffalo Bill this coming season. 

22 hours ago, Buftex said:

All that you say makes sense...but I think you are wrong if you think the Bills aren't looking at their options.  Short of this woman confesssing that all of this was just a ruise, I will be pretty shocked if LeSean McCoy is a Buffalo Bill this coming season. 

Based on all of what has come out so far, there's no evidence to suggest that you won't be shocked then.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Really? So you want Lacy and Ivory in the backfield. And no speed at receiver.... That would be the slowest most boring offense ever assembled.

Bring back Dennison as the OC and we might be on to something 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 7/12/2018 at 7:32 AM, RPbillsfan said:

I was reviewing free agent RB's in light of the allegations against Leshon McCoy and the possibility of some type of suspension.  The name that caught my eye was Eddie Lacy who is only 27 and not to much use over the last couple of years.

I realize he has had weight/conditioning issues and is primarily an inside, between the tackles type but may be able to play and give the Bills a decent one-two punch with Chris Ivory.

Just a thought for the board to consider.

The reason he's not on a roster already is that his season with the Seasnakes last year was so miserable.  2.6 YPA, 19.9 YPG.

That said, last year it seemed like the Seasnakes were trying to protect Russ Wilson and rush behind a dime-store OL.  When your franchise QB has more than twice as many rushing yards as the next RB on your team, that's not a good sign.  But it's also not a good sign for Lacy that he was far from the best performer on that team.

With Murray retired I have no idea why Alfred Morris is a free agent unless he is commanding a higher asking price. I much rather have Morris than Chris Ivory, Morris had a 4.8 ypc in 2017 as a backup for the Cowboys, granted the Cowboys O-line is pretty solid and may inflate production but 4.8 ypc is good no matter what. Morris is also 29 and will be 30 by the end of year so age isn't a big factor. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/12/2018 at 5:31 PM, Golden Goat said:

B3JYdcRCMAASbc5.jpg

To paraphrase Lloyd Braun, "Wow, you're a lot of football player!"

Might I respectfully suggest that any more threads like this are retitled 'Should we look at 'John Doe' and his police record?'

If I was OBD I would be assigning Joe Mannix a desk next to GM Beane to listen in on who we're chatting up.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

If they want to watch him eat or waddle with the football sure.

At this point I believe Lacy's training regimen consists of ...

1. Wake up at noon

2. Eat

3. Smoke a blunt

4. Eat

5. Take a nap

...Jesus 'Frosty......carbon copy of Rex 'n Rob.......

• Like (+1) 1