Should we look at Eddie Lacy

I’d rather have Freddy Jackson. And I’m in no way saying we should sign Freddy jackson, I’m just saying that I’d rather have a 47 yr old running back than eddy lacy. And I also expect at least 8 more threads featuring a RB that people have heard of asking if we should sign him

1 hour ago, buffalover4life said:

I will continue to pound the table for Orleans Darkwa. Really liked the way he ran for the giants, wondering why he hasn't been signed.

He ran for 750 yards last year at 4.4 a carry with a very bad O-line

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/orleans-darkwa-player-news

Perhaps this is why he has been slow to be picked up. 

Darkwa (knee) announced via his personal twitter account that he has been medically cleared for football activities.

IMPACT

Darkwa underwent a minor knee procedure in early May to remove a metal plate that was originally inserted in his leg last offseason to protect a fractured tibia, which he played through in 2017. He'll now look to catch on with a team ahead of the 2018 season. He reportedly had several interested teams prior to his surgery after he averaged 4.4 yards per carry for the Giants last year. Look for him to sign on as a backup or change-of-pace running back for the coming year.

Well, of course we should look at Lacy--and at any other possible, viable running backs available.

And the Bills should take this search very seriously. They should bring in all of the viable running backs to see what they can offer.

And now.

While we should give McCoy the benefit of the doubt,  the evidence seems to indicate that he was involved in this attempted robbery and beating.  Yes, maybe some over zealous friends of his acted on their own, and there are other possibilities, but these scenarios seem less likely based on the facts.

The Bills should not wait.  They should get their ducks in row now.  The success of the running game will be the key factor in the Bills success this year.

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Plan A: Alfred Morris, Demarco Murray

Plan B: Orleans Darkwa, Alfred Blue

Possibles: Gillislee or other cap casualities

I don't know if DeMarco has much left in him, but I wouldn't mind trying Morris. Either would still be better than Lacy.

No matter what it's going to be a huge drop off from Shady. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Big C said:

I don't know if DeMarco has much left in him, but I wouldn't mind trying Morris. Either would still be better than Lacy.

No matter what it's going to be a huge drop off from Shady. 

Agreed. I threw Murray in because of past production though many believe including myself that it was from running behind a superior O line. Morris would be a really good sign. Gillislee is a must if cut.

1 hour ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/orleans-darkwa-player-news

Perhaps this is why he has been slow to be picked up. 

Darkwa (knee) announced via his personal twitter account that he has been medically cleared for football activities.

IMPACT

Darkwa underwent a minor knee procedure in early May to remove a metal plate that was originally inserted in his leg last offseason to protect a fractured tibia, which he played through in 2017. He'll now look to catch on with a team ahead of the 2018 season. He reportedly had several interested teams prior to his surgery after he averaged 4.4 yards per carry for the Giants last year. Look for him to sign on as a backup or change-of-pace running back for the coming year.

could be a cheap, prove-it signing.  I'd sign him now, even assuming that Shady is still here.  

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I'd sooner just play Kyle at FB than some of these ideas.   Have you seen his TD/Carry ratio?   It's pretty impressive.

He has never carried a ball on offense

and not scored....he is just that good

• Thank you (+1) 1

I've heard of him.  Lacy has sucked his whole career, especially the past few seasons.  No thanks to his 2.6 YPC.  We should of drafted at least one RB either of the last 2 drafts.  With Mike Tolbert and the tomato cans they line up at WR, we haven't put much resources into skill positions(besides Allen)

There has to be a UDFA RB out there that has something to offer. The number of late round picks and undrafted guys at the RB position that excel make it inevitable. Now I'm not one of the "dime a dozen" believers per se, and believe there is a benefit and winning strategy to taking young guys like Fournette, Cook and Hunt in the first 3 rounds. That said, there has to be a guy out there just waiting for his chance to be a star.

Addressing a couple of things for this thread and the OP, not necessarily in any order:

• The Bills aren't "looking at anyone" until there's evidence that L.McCoy actually may have did something wrong.
    • The court filing from last year isn't evidence.  Circumstantial.
    • The fact that the perpetrator took jewelry that McCoy was trying to repossess is circumstantial.
    • The idea that McCoy would perpetrate an attack a day before a court ruling to remove his ex from his house seems utterly ridiculous.
  • The idea that they will sign some aging veteran that once had a good season years ago just seems idiotic to me.  Isn't Chris Ivory just another aging vet (30) that last had a good season 3 years ago, any different?
    • DeMarco Murray and Adrian Peterson haven't done anything in several years and are simply old
    • Eddie Lacy is even more removed from playing well
  • The idea that there's some young guy out there with so much potential makes me laugh a little when the Bills already have rookie Keith Ford on their roster.  He's the UDFA RB that the Bills think may have something to offer.  They backed that up with UDFA FB Zach Olstad.
  • With McCoy on the roster, they're carrying 6 running backs and 2 fullbacks.  Barring injury, I don't see a pressing need to add a body "just because", even if the McCoy allegations turn out to be true and he misses time.  Do we need 8 ball carriers?  Why not 10?  Why not 15?  A balance must be struck at some point with needs at other positions.
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree with some of this post and disagree with other parts.  I agree that there is no proof (yet) that McCoy is guilty of anything.  He may well be absolved of any guilt related to this unfortunate incident and suit up for the Bills as planned.  That said, the Bills management appear to be competent and on top of things, so I am sure they are evaluating all options at this point, in case things go South and McCoy is not available to the team.  Regarding the OP, I think that we stay far away from Eddie Lacy.  He has now flamed out with not 1, but 2 top franchises who gave him the opportunity to be their back.  If nothing else, he's not the type of player that the current Bills management would be interested in.

7 hours ago, buffalover4life said:

I will continue to pound the table for Orleans Darkwa. Really liked the way he ran for the giants, wondering why he hasn't been signed.

He ran for 750 yards last year at 4.4 a carry with a very bad O-line

Seems like a good player the few times I saw him

4 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Everybody out here looking at RB’s and theres a perfectly good Bryce Brown out there. Somewhere.

Just fumbling around 

• Haha (+1) 1