Should we look at Eddie Lacy

I was reviewing free agent RB's in light of the allegations against Leshon McCoy and the possibility of some type of suspension.  The name that caught my eye was Eddie Lacy who is only 27 and not to much use over the last couple of years.

I realize he has had weight/conditioning issues and is primarily an inside, between the tackles type but may be able to play and give the Bills a decent one-two punch with Chris Ivory.

Just a thought for the board to consider.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I was reviewing free agent RB's in light of the allegations against Leshon McCoy and the possibility of some type of suspension.  The name that caught my eye was Eddie Lacy who is only 27 and not to much use over the last couple of years.

I realize he has had weight/conditioning issues and is primarily an inside, between the tackles type but may be able to play and give the Bills a decent one-two punch with Chris Ivory.

In a word, no. I'd wait for rosters to shake up as sure someone like Mike Gillislee might come available. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Height/weight can be remedied. Lack of heart? Not so much.

He seems to have that whole Karlos Williams thing going for him...err...against him. 

• Like (+1) 1

How about we look at good, productive players....what is it about Lacy that makes you think he is any good?

31 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Because he's no good and no one wants him

4 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

I will continue to pound the table for Orleans Darkwa. Really liked the way he ran for the giants, wondering why he hasn't been signed.

He ran for 750 yards last year at 4.4 a carry with a very bad O-line

He had offseason surgery where they removed a plate, he and his agent say he is faster and pain free now. Probably waiting until a back goes down in camp and trying to maximize the market. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s amazing how much people love name RB.  Lacy hasn’t been good in like 4 years.

IF this is true, go young and cheap.  The same one thing this franchise has been good at is finding rbs.

3 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I'd sooner just play Kyle at FB than some of these ideas.   Have you seen his TD/Carry ratio?   It's pretty impressive.

I mean the guy scores on every run he has.

• Like (+1) 1

At this point, I think Eddie Lacy is a rough equivalent of Mike Tolbert, which is to say, no thanks.  Yes, he's younger, but he's consistently shown he's not willing to do what it takes to be a quality running back. Since he plays out of condition, while he still has some power, (just because he's big) he lacks any elusiveness or speed, and wears down both in games and through the season.  While there are not great options left in free agency, there are better alternatives than Eddie Lacy.