Multiple Bills fake news has me reconsidering my SiriusXM subscription

I have SiriusXM satellite radio right now and it expires July 19. I was going to renew, but recently there has been faulty Bills reporting.

Over the weekend they had a news report every half hour or so that kept on saying there is a new NFL snow rule, inspired by the Indianapolis-Buffalo game last year. They said non-players helped clear snow so Adam Vinatieri could kick a game-tying field go to force OT, and that Indy went on to win it in OT. Now, the final score was Buffalo 13-7, so there was no field goal; and Buffalo won, not Indy. Since it was on auto play, it drove me insane each time it played. Can't they even get the basic facts correct?? Did anyone else hear this?

And some guy reported here a few months ago that Brady Quinn on SiriusXM's "Moving the Chains" said the Chargers failed to beat a playoff team last season, except they did (they beat Buffalo). 

It's like they have no respect for the Bills, so I am tempted to stop my subscription, despite good coverage otherwise (way better than NFL Network).

Oh, just as a stupid aside, James Lofton works one of the weekend shows on SiriusXM and he butchered California place names. He said "El Say-guhn-doh"" instead of "El Say-goon-doh" (El Segundo), and something else which was even worse, but I forgot what it was. I almost died when I heard it. Just like my father said "Luh Joe-luh" for "La Jolla" (Luh Hoy-uh") in the 1970's when I was a child.

Edited by greenyellowred
  • Like (+1) 1

People make mistakes. Especially in sports talk radio. You won't get any better without XM.

If this is bothering you I'd just cancel. The vinateri kicks did have a lot going on. I do believe they had people who weren't players originally helping clear the spot, then you also had white standing their trying to kick snow back on the spot they were clearing off.

Honestly, at this point, anyone who says fake news comes across as an idiot.

I also don't have XM and would never pay for it. But if little mistakes like this bother you enough then cancel it. You're not enjoying the product enough.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, greenyellowred said:

I have SiriusXM satellite radio right now and it expires July 19. I was going to renew, but recently there has been faulty Bills reporting.

Over the weekend they had a news report every half hour or so that kept on saying there is a new NFL snow rule, inspired by the Indianapolis-Buffalo game last year. They said non-players helped clear snow so Adam Vinatieri could kick a game-tying field go to force OT, and that Indy went on to win it in OT. Now, the final score was Buffalo 13-7, so there was no field goal; and Buffalo won, not Indy. Since it was on auto play, it drove me insane each time it played. Can't they even get the basic facts correct?? Did anyone else hear this?

And some guy reported here a few months ago that Brady Quinn on SiriusXM's "Moving the Chains" said the Chargers failed to beat a playoff team last season, except they did (they beat Buffalo). 

It's like they have no respect for the Bills, so I am tempted to stop my subscription, despite good coverage otherwise (way better than NFL Network).

Oh, just as a stupid aside, James Lofton works one of the weekend shows on SiriusXM and he butchered California place names. He said "El Say-guhn-doh"" instead of "El Say-goon-doh" (El Segundo), and something else which was even worse, but I forgot what it was. I almost died when I heard it. Just like my father said "Luh Joe-luh" for "La Jolla" (Luh Hoy-uh") in the 1970's when I was a child.

If you haven't learned by now that the national media knows nothing about the Bills compared with us Bills fans, you haven't been paying much attention.  Here's some other news you might not be aware of: It's the same for every other team in the league.  The guys who cover the entire league don't have the time to know the minutia that goes on with each team in the league.  If you want to hear guys who know the Bills better, listen to the local radio stations.  No matter how bad the WGR guys get sometimes, they still know 1,000 times more about the Bills than the guys on NFL Radio.  

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

Your really going to give up what you consider good coverage for some minor stuff like this??

Every station makes mistakes, if you are looking for perfection you're in for a rough road ahead.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Honestly, at this point, anyone who says fake news comes across as an idiot.

Perhaps to you, but to those paying even a little attention it's clear that journalism has died in this country.  Straight reporting has given way to advocacy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Perhaps to you, but to those paying even a little attention it's clear that journalism has died in this country.  Straight reporting has given way to advocacy. 

Nah.

It's just that the amount of coverage has multiplied by a factor of ... what? 100? 1000? And since 90% of pretty much absolutely everything is going to be crap and mediocrity, you get a ton more crap out there than ever before. You also get a lot of excellent journalism. But it's buried in the vast tsunamis of crap.

Same with everything, really. Remember when you used to be able to go see a pretty good movie each week? Now? Crap crap crap. Still good stuff out there but you have to search and search through the gigantic piles of stuff that strives for adequacy and mostly comes close but fails to get there. It's what happens when everyone wants good coverage but not to pay for it. and everyone has access to platforms and dreams of fame.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thank you for adding 13 tags to be sure everyone can find your post when they search, so as to not accidentally duplicate your efforts.

In all seriousness, I have XM but not the NFL channel, but I want to add it, because I love hearing NFL conversations year round. I accept the fact that errors are made by the National media when it comes to the Bills.

7 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

Have you ever heard Ray Bentley pronounce Jaguars? He pronounces it "Jag-wires." 

Talk all day, every day and never get anything wrong. Never misspeak, never miss a fact. Try it for a month or so, then get back to us and let us know how it went. Some of these guys are better than others, none of them are perfect like us.