Multiple Bills fake news has me reconsidering my SiriusXM subscription

I mostly listen to various music channels on my Sirius XM radio; lots of good stuff there.  Sometimes I'll switch over to the NFLN channel for Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller.  Occasionally they'll even talk about the Bills, and when they do, it is usually Kirwan giving his opinion on how bad they are.  I've come to the conclusion that most national media types don't follow the Bills and do not know much about them. 

Try radio.com app, as an expat that is where I get WGR, also mad dog and the fan in NYC area.

PS I remember OJ running at old Rock Pile.  Also Bills parades down Delaware Ave.  OJ handed me and my friend big oranges as we were following them on our banana seat bikes.

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Perhaps to you, but to those paying even a little attention it's clear that journalism has died in this country.  Straight reporting has given way to advocacy. 

The only thing wrong with this line of thinking is suggesting this is anything new. There may be a nifty new bumper sticker slogan for it, but it’s not a new phenomenon. 

So much for Objective Journalism. Don't bother to look for it here--not under any byline of mine; or anyone else I can think of. With the possible exception of things like box scores, race results, and stock market tabulations, there is no such thing as Objective Journalism. The phrase itself is a pompous contradiction in terms.”

Hunter S. Thompson wrote that back in 1972. 

• Like (+1) 1

As an aside, I don't understand how Sirrius and XM were allowed to merge.  There is only one Sat radio provider.  Very strange.  Hopefully some competition comes along--will keep prices down.  

National reporters are a joke when it comes to covering the Bills, IMO.  I'd rather stream a local Buffalo station or even get better coverage here in Pittsburgh where one of the hosts is from Buffalo.  

Slightly off topic but I was mildly annoyed by Tasker before the draft. Trying to make a point about not trading up. A couple times he referenced the colts and said, look at that franchise they’re in shambles despite having THE top QB prospect to come out in years. He then said Luck has never even won a playoff game. 

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

People make mistakes. Especially in sports talk radio. You won't get any better without XM.

If this is bothering you I'd just cancel. The vinateri kicks did have a lot going on. I do believe they had people who weren't players originally helping clear the spot, then you also had white standing their trying to kick snow back on the spot they were clearing off.

Honestly, at this point, anyone who says fake news comes across as an idiot.

I also don't have XM and would never pay for it. But if little mistakes like this bother you enough then cancel it. You're not enjoying the product enough.

And people act like this term has been around forever. Obviously propaganda has been around forever just about, but this term started very soon after Nov. 2016. If anyone wants a little insight check online impressions that correspond to the online impressions made by the term 'fake news.' It wasn't coined by Trump, and it wasn't a direct response to anything Trump has said/done. It was introduced into mainstream in order to cover up something else. 

2 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

The only thing wrong with this line of thinking is suggesting this is anything new. 

While my post didn't in any way suggest that rampant advocacy is new, I do believe it's ramped up considerably in the last 10 years. 

Straight news reporting is apparently considered boring these days.  

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

While my post didn't in any way suggest that rampant advocacy is new, I do believe it's ramped up considerably in the last 10 years. 

Straight news reporting is apparently considered boring these days.  

Yeah, I know. It's not you, just in general people are hopping on this "fake news" thing as if it only began in 2017, and as if only one "side" is guilty of it. Going back to the very beginning of this country, news outlets were bankrolled by people with political axes to grind.

Today, they've gotta fill 24 hours of television with something, to hold peoples' attention in between commercials for dick pills. Shouting heads and OMFGWTFBBQ BREAKING NEWS banners are more compelling television than "straight news reporting."

But Hunter S. Thompson's point, and it's one that I agree with, is that anyone reporting on any subject inherently does so with their own biases, preconceived notions, and personal interpretations, and so true objectivity is really only possible for something straightforward and quantitative. When someone is telling you what happened, they always do so through their own lens. 

• Like (+1) 2