John Schattner out at Papa John’s.

36 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

This outrage is gayer that a butt-!@#$ing circle. Anyone who finds what he said offensive has **** for brains. Fortunately for them, you don't have to have any sense to get offended.

So, this will likely get reported by some light footed Nancy boy... So in counter to that, this message is awesome and those offended by need lighten up

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Which part upsets you more? Not being able to use an epithet, or not being able to get upset?

An epithet is just a descriptive word, nothing to get upset about; moving to the macro view of language, the whole political correctness "cloud" is but a symbol of our nose dive into mediocrity.  Luckily, at 78, I'm on the downhill side of the whole mess; I just sit back, shake my head and pour another gin and tonic.

18 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

So, this will likely get reported by some light footed Nancy boy... So in counter to that, this message is awesome and those offended by need lighten up

No, that message was simplistic and juvenile, hence the lack of any kind of response.

23 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Well, that and the company was doing terrible, right? If he was still making everyone in the room millions there’s a good chance that the comment never gets to social media and becomes weaponized

If the company was prospering I have no doubt that the inauthentic outrage that he created with his "potent" word would have been handled differently. I believe even with  the tsunami of criticism from the social media he would still be associated with the business if the company was thriving. The storm would have been handled by the PR boys and the controversy would have faded.  

When you are in a position of strength you are better able to weather the storm. When you are in a position of weakness you are more likely to get flattened by the storm. The star on a team who spouts out  ignorant comments gets more allowance than the replaceable backup up who spouts out less ignorant comments. The all-star salesman at a company who brings in a tremendous amount of business is going to be disciplined less harshly than the less productive salesman. Life isn't always fair. 

Edited by JohnC

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Oh I cant wait to see these ads. Its probably going to look like a United Nations summit. Maybe just focus on the pizza instead of trying to overcompensate. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna910596

Perhaps they will change the name?  Maybe ‘Papa Us’?

On 7/21/2018 at 4:35 PM, Keukasmallies said:

An epithet is just a descriptive word, nothing to get upset about; moving to the macro view of language, the whole political correctness "cloud" is but a symbol of our nose dive into mediocrity.  Luckily, at 78, I'm on the downhill side of the whole mess; I just sit back, shake my head and pour another gin and tonic.

If you want to be rejuvenated and slow down the aging process put away the wussy stuff and go with whiskey on the rocks. It may not actually slow down the aging process but you will get a better and faster buzz. :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1