John Schattner out at Papa John’s.

On July 12, 2018 at 8:12 AM, Soda Popinski said:

if you're eating chain pizza you are doing it wrong.   I have 3-4 mom and pop pizzerias within a 20 minute drive that all make a very superior pizza to anything mass produced.    Hell I made one the other night at the house with store bought pizza dough and ingredients that is preferable to any chain pizza.  

If you are eating chain anything you are doing it wrong and need to be slapped silly until you start thinking clearly again.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/12/2018 at 6:43 AM,  joesixpack said: 

"So the man who, through his own blood sweat and tears, built a company from nothing to nationwide status is out of his own company after using an offensive word?"

As I see it, it's only a partially offensive word as it depends on who says it.  If a black person says it, it's often seen as a badge of honor; if a Latino says it, it's sometimes acceptable depending on the context.  If a white person says it, it becomes much more confusing:  Saying it in conversation is always verboten and the speaker is taken to task big time (might even lose his pizza company); but if a white person (specifically an author) writes it, it appears to be acceptable and even appropriate.

Meanwhile, the derisive descriptors applied to whites are applauded by some, and especially by some whites who see it as a well-deserved shaming for whatever the speaker is attacking at the moment.  But the speaker/writer is never taken to task, eh?

Edited by Keukasmallies

On 7/12/2018 at 6:21 AM, /dev/null said:

I'm not Italian but I still agree

Granted the last time I ate at Papa Johns was like 15 years ago and it gave me food poisoning

You complain they did not finish the job?

On 7/12/2018 at 7:49 AM, Max Fischer said:

So, if your employee said those things you would tell your customers they are over-sensitive?  That’s would be defending what he said. Perhaps you should look in the mirror and decide whether you are OK with comments like these. 

I am sure JSP broke all mirrors so his eyes did not have to see such images.

4 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:
  On 7/12/2018 at 6:43 AM,  joesixpack said: 

"So the man who, through his own blood sweat and tears, built a company from nothing to nationwide status is out of his own company after using an offensive word?"

As I see it, it's only a partially offensive word as it depends on who says it.  If a black person says it, it's often seen as a badge of honor; if a Latino says it, it's sometimes acceptable depending on the context.  If a white person says it, it becomes much more confusing:  Saying it in conversation is always verboten and the speaker is taken to task big time (might even lose his pizza company); but if a white person (specifically an author) writes it, it appears to be acceptable and even appropriate.

Meanwhile, the derisive descriptors applied to whites are applauded by some, and especially by some whites who see it as a well-deserved shaming for whatever the speaker is attacking at the moment.  But the speaker/writer is never taken to task, eh?

Nah, it's offensive.  If you're white, just don't say it.  I don't see the confusion. 

John Schnatter: Papa John’s doesn’t want to do business with Roger Goodell

Papa John’s founder John Schnatter continues to search for a good spot to dig, despite being at rock bottom. He may have found one.

In Friday’s radio interview with Terry Meiners of 840 WHAS, Schnatter shrugged at the replacement of Papa John’s with Pizza Hut as the official pizza of the NFL, and then pounced on pro football’s Commissioner.

“We are very glad to get out of the NFL relationship, because we still get to sponsor some players and we still get to sponsor some teams and we still get to be part of the community,” Schnatter said. “But we don’t want to do business with Roger Goodell, period. And I don’t want to do business with Roger Goodell, and we’ve had enough success where we get to pick who we do business with. And Roger Goodell runs the NFL, and we made a decision to get a divorce, and we did.”

10 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

In a different light because of the issues there at Pappa John's,the Texas Rangers will no longer sponsor the Rangerseven.

It was a $7.00 large pizza the next day if the team scored 7 runs the previous night.

be interesting to see  if MOnument Sports(Caps and Wizards) does anything...freaking Papa Johns everywhere in that  joint! 

So now he is on to the the jilted lover stage with the NFL?

"I dumped you, I didnt even love you and would never get back together with you. I dont need you anyway, you needed me!"

Blaming falling business on the NFL because players kneeled during the anthem. And now you say you never want to do business with Goodell again and are glad that the deal was canceled.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:24 PM, Teddy KGB said:

What if the white guy enjoys drake and migos ? 

We cant sing too ? ???

There was a few white guys at our school that could say it because they were "in".

I probably could have said it myself to the black crowd at our school because I had played sports with these guys for so long.  I just don't like the word really at all....if I'm listening to rap I still won't say the word....cause I feel ghey saying it.

I guess the Cols nephew came out to say that the comments by 'Papa John' were BS and he wouldn't use that term and he donated alotnof money to black communities and churches

All I keep thinking of is the episode of 'Its Always Sunny' when they become black and Frank keeps going on about how he wants to use the 'N Word' just because he is now black

On 7/14/2018 at 10:50 AM, stony said:

Nah, it's offensive.  If you're white, just don't say it.  I don't see the confusion. 

There's no confusion, saying something offensive isn't nice. But do you honestly think ruining people's careers for saying a naughty word is reasonable and equitable punishment? That response doesn't seem a tad overboard to you?

Putting people in prison for jaywalking would be considered absurd, yet we could just as easily use your "just don't do it" rationalization to dole out any punishment, no?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

There's no confusion, saying something offensive isn't nice. But do you honestly think ruining people's careers for saying a naughty word is reasonable and equitable punishment? That response doesn't seem a tad overboard to you?

Putting people in prison for jaywalking would be considered absurd, yet we could just as easily use your "just don't do it" rationalization to dole out any punishment, no?

There's post's in this thread that seem unsure why black people can say it, and white people cannot.  

As for punishment, John Shattner's life isn't ruined so I'm not sure I get your point.  He was pressured to resign because he was harming his companies business.

Josh Allen got drafted 7th overall.  Life definitely not ruined.  

Apparently he didn't want to work with/use Kanye as a spokesman "because he uses the N word."  The board kept pressing him and he actuall said the N word, but not as an epithet.  Sounds like they just wanted to use any reason to replace him.