John Schattner out at Papa John’s.

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Your right, all the media is ever talking about when the topic of Kaepernick comes up are the socks and shirt, they never mention anything about the anthem or kneeling. The league just implemented the new rules on proper sock and shirts that should be worn in public and practice. Trump cant stop tweeting about how offensive the socks and shirt are. 

Go ask 20 random people in public why people are offended by the NFL players and Kaepernick and I'm sure they will all say those socks he once wore or his shirt. I'm sure everyone has forgotten about that whole kneeling for the anthem thing......

Hope none of those 20 work in law enforcement or are Cuban.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

So the man who, through his own blood sweat and tears, built a company from nothing to nationwide status is out of his own company after using an offensive word?

What a world we live in.

Nobody forced him to make Papa John's a publicly traded company.  It ceased to be "his" company at that point.  Take the money, gain a of Board of Directors and shareholders to whom you report.  Own less than 50% of the shares, lose control totally.  He still holds a massive number of Papa John's shares whether he is CEO or sitting on the BoD or not.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

You know which way I lean.  But I will tell you that I believe this is complete and utter bull ****.

He should have known better than to use that word, regardless of context.  But the fact that the founder of a successful company has to step down - to me - is pure crap.

His stock is down 42% over the last 2 years (~$51/share) while his primary competitor is up about 150% (~$280/share).  His competitor's market cap is over 6 times his own now and the gap is growing by the day.  In the same period, the overall market has also been strong.  That, in and of itself, is more than enough to get a CEO canned.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

It's the ultimate breakfast.

If we're dreaming, the ultimate breakfast is ciabatta top with cheese, prosciutto, arugula, poached egg, balsamic and hollandaise sauce. 

Breakfast burrito works pretty good too. 

Crappy sauce over a weak ass dough? Get outta here. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

If we're dreaming, the ultimate breakfast is ciabatta top with cheese, prosciutto, arugula, poached egg, balsamic and hollandaise sauce. 

If done properly, neither the dough nor sauce are weak.

I had the ultimate breakfast Sunday.   Two cajun biscuits topped with a crab cake each, then a poached egg, and some kind of ungodly good sauce on top.   Crab cakes Benedict possibly the best breakfast I've ever eaten.   Had a bloody mary with it and i was feeling right sunday morning.    

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

Didn’t Peyton sell all his “crappy pizza interests” before all this hit the fan? Is he the only winner here? 

yes, he sold them before Papa came out with " the nfl protests are why my sales are down" ..he no dummy, he saw the end coming. 

I don't know how to post the picture of the 1-year stock graph here, but take a look at Papa Johns vs Dominos..basically one is down 50%, one is up 50% in the last twelve months. Board was most likely looking for any reason to get this dude to go..they jumped on one when it presented itself. And if anyone believes he resigned voluntarily, Scott Pruitt would like to have you in his corner too!!!

15 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I had the ultimate breakfast Sunday.   Two cajun biscuits topped with a crab cake each, then a poached egg, and some kind of ungodly good sauce on top.   Crab cakes Benedict possibly the best breakfast I've ever eaten.   Had a bloody mary with it and i was feeling right sunday morning.    

Crab cake benedict (or Chesapeake benedict) is one of my favorite breakfasts.  Nice choice!

• Like (+1) 2