Do Ravens have an advantage Week 1, reporting to camp early

After digging in and doing the research of how teams who played in the Hall of Fame Game performed in their regular-season opener, since 2011 there has been no quantifiable advantage as far as wins vs. losses.  In fact, after going a combined 4-2 on opening weekend from 2012 - 2014, teams who played in the Hall of Fame Game have gone a combined 1-3 since, for an overall record of 5-5.  

I'll cut to the chase.  No advantage.  Teams are 6-6 in that scenario since 2012.

Joe makes a very good point in the article that the extra week or two may actually be a disadvantage for teams that do a lot of hitting and physical work because of the potential for injury.  Baltimore certainly fits in that category.

I think the Bills are a huge sleeper pick in W1.  I don't think the Ravens are going to be any better than they were last year, and possibly worse.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have visions of the 2016 week 1 game. God that was terrible football. 

I was there and yeah, it was the worst.  About as Boring as an NFL game can be.   I'll be there again in about 8 weeks.   Very strange that we open up AT a non-divisional opponent twice within three seasons.  

The Ravens don't suck. and certainly won't suck in their home opener.  This will be a tough game.

I believe people are confusing these Ravens with the Ravens of 2008-2012 who were 54-26 during the regular season and made five playoff appearances.  Since that time they are 40-40 with one playoff appearance over five seasons.

I am totally for rookies coming in early and getting settled in before the Vets show up. Not having actual practices but putting extra time in the classroom and going through walk throughs to learn the playbook.

Edited by billieve420