2018 Playoff game vs Jags

Bakin

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait a minute! You guys are saying the Bills made the playoffs last year? I turned it off after we left the field in Miami. Somebody fill me in. What happened after that?

i'll fill you in.....we got one more chance to see tyfraud suck.

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We were also facing a dominant defense that a good qb threw multiple interceptions to the very next game.......

Such a short sided view of things from some of you.

Talk about short sided John, that same good QB that threw multiple interceptions put up 42 points on that defense. 

Put both feet on the ground, welcome to planet earth!

3 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

The media was extremely negative about it and were justified to a degree. But what was a worse game, the low scoring but still competitive Bills/Jags or the next weeks Pats/Titans blowout?

well seeing your name and avatar, i'm expecting some righteous contributions here from you in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/11/2018 at 9:22 PM, Captain Murica said:

The playcalling was terrible. Shady alone had 120 yards of total offense and should have been given the ball more. Did we even call one screen during that game? Especially against a young and super aggressive defense. 

FYI going to Benjamin instead of Shady during that early trip to the Red Zone was terrible. 

Yeah you can definitely criticize both the play calling and Tyrod, as both were extremely risk-averse and conservative.

One thing about the workload to Shady, if you recall he was coming off an ankle sprain the week before in Miami which didn’t look very good.  He played well but reports were that he wasn’t 100%.  It makes me wonder whether they were being cautious to prevent the chances of aggregating his injury.  

What I can’t understand is why the team used Mike Tolbert as RB2 when Shady was out instead of Marcus Murphy who played pretty well the week before

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/11/2018 at 8:56 PM, Bakin said:

Replaying On NFL network now. 

How did we not win that game????

That 9 minute drive at the end of the first half. TT was both superb and abysmal at the same time.

Missing O’Leary for a sure fire TD.

Tyrod getting up from what could have been 3 game ending injuries in one drive. 

Head scratching play calls. 

Good to rewatch. 

Head scratching calls on offense before the first half , giving Jax ball back and ultimately a FG.

Tre White dropping that int before half... 

Could have easily been 6-0 Bills going I to half , not 3-3..

What a game Shady played on a bad leg. Just imagine him with a respectable passing game!

That 40 yard catch in the 4th that got brought back cause a hold was brutal too..

Very winnable game.. 

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That’s the trick of it.   

Keep it close and hope your guy does what you expect from a “running” QB and run for a TD.   

But when you don’t have an effective passing game you throw the run at a brick wall.  

The Bills D was dominant too.   

The problem was Bortles was the better QB.    Also note the points the Jags scored in their next games.  More than 10.  I don’t recall maybe 20 ppg in both???

They dropped a 40 piece on Pitt and I think 28 @NE...our defense really deserved a ton of credit..

Lorax balled out 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Now see I can live with this.....I think that TT was maxed out on upside and the bills realized that to get to the next level where they want to be they needed better QB play.....and I agree with them.  

We need a QB that actually makes others look better.....not the other way around in order to get to the final game.....the bills are attempting to do that.

As far as Romo.....he does a great job explaining things so fans can understand what is going on....but he still does not have the benefit of knowing the play

Totally agree on your 1st 2 points and hope that Allen is finally the guy to do that.

As for Romo, the point I was trying to make was that I think he has a really good idea of what's going on as far as play development and situational football, especially compared to any other broadcaster.  He played in a few different systems that are still being used in today's NFL so I also think he has a decent idea of what the progressions at least should be.  On that 3rd and 3 play I referenced, Thompson was standing just past the marker with no one around him...maybe 10-15 yards away from QB.  TT had plenty of time to go through whatever the progressions were, appeared to turn his head toward the wide open guy but he still didn't throw the ball.  On that play, in that situation, do you really need to know the play call or progressions to know TT should have thrown him the ball?  I also think that if a DB was there trying to bait him, Romo would have called it out...especially with how many times they showed the replay due to TT's injury.

I was at that game....

Playcalling was atrocious.  Watching live even i could see how JV our offensive playcalling was

On defense the only mistake we made was letting bortles run on us

Horrible game to watch but yes we could have easily won

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I know you have a hard time looking past your own bs.....but they also gave up countless first downs to Bortles legs.

I've gone to bat for the former qb way more than i'm actually comfortable with becuz of characters like teddy and you aren't wrong about the defenses weaknesses in that game but 10 points is 10 points. hard to put much of any real blame on them. being there live I really couldn't get a good feel of some of the throws he missed but finally watching it on tv...… there were some seriously important throws that he didn't make by either making an inaccurate pass when a guy had a step or just not throwing it at all. especially in the 4th quarter. there is other blame to go round though. clay not being aware of where he was on the sideline on a crucial first down conversion. thompsons unnecessary hold on shady's massive screen play.... both HUGE errors in crunch time.

the worst thing I could have done was watch that game last night. really got my gears grinding again. such a winnable game. 

On 7/11/2018 at 8:56 PM, Bakin said:

Replaying On NFL network now. 

How did we not win that game????

That 9 minute drive at the end of the first half. TT was both superb and abysmal at the same time.

Missing O’Leary for a sure fire TD.

Tyrod getting up from what could have been 3 game ending injuries in one drive. 

Head scratching play calls. 

Good to rewatch. 

I thought we did lose that game.  We could have won, but we can't blame anyone but our own team....

When the jags went on to face the pats*, well, I swear they got the Bills treatment from the refs.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:37 AM, Tatonka68 said:

Allen as a rookie would of been better than Tyrod as a 4 year starter. He 7 chances at the end of the half to score TD and settled for a FG. ?

I'm an Allen supporter, but NOTHING indicates Allen would have been better in that game until we see Allen play against professional football players.

Watch the last series alone Thompson is wide open on a post ( busted coverage) for a possible TD. Also on the play TT gets hurt in Thompson wide open for a easy first down and then some also being able to get out of bounds. I loved having TT as our QB but man I’m so glad he’s gone. I actually think we will be much better offensively without him . Teams had figured out how to play him obviously. 31st in passing in last two years ???????????????

On 7/15/2018 at 10:55 AM, Paul Costa said:

Watch the last series alone Thompson is wide open on a post ( busted coverage) for a possible TD. Also on the play TT gets hurt in Thompson wide open for a easy first down and then some also being able to get out of bounds. I loved having TT as our QB but man I’m so glad he’s gone. I actually think we will be much better offensively without him . Teams had figured out how to play him obviously. 31st in passing in last two years ???????????????

...and 29th in offense. there's no where to go but up.

Edited by billsredneck1

On 7/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, TC in St. Louis said:

We held the Jags to 10 points in Jacksonville. The next week they got 42 in Pittsburgh.  Bodes well for our defense.  

Lest we forget the wind was howling 25-30 MPH.

My honest opinion: game was lost on the 1 yard line.  Stupid passing after running down their throats.  Then a bad 2 minutes before half time.

Just watched it a replay on NFL network.  Bortles escaped some but the D still held them to 10.  TT did not see a receiver wide open-alone that would have been a TD.  On a third down he didn't see a receiver wide open on the right that would have been a first down.  There were others as well.  This is football it happens to the best.  He just doesn't see the field, and doesn't see the pre-snap coverages and where to go with the ball.  Absolutely no going through the progressions.  Locks on and doesn't fire til open except they usually weren't.  Not seeing the D, field, knowing where to go, locking on and firing only when open is what scares me about a certain someone where I watched their games as well.