2018 Playoff game vs Jags

Bakin

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

Ty-fraud had a laugh on all of us... Don't be shocked if Stanton is the starter in CLE by week 5.

Finally a good derogatory nickname! All I asked for.. No more Tie-Rod please. Doesn't make sense, could be misconstrued as a servicable tool. Go forth and do good, and spread the Ty-fraud nickname. Okay with the Tyrod hate as long as we can get a funny nickname for his poor play.

10 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Underrated scrambler. He has done it to us every time

Bortles is a good scrambler man.

He was horrible.. SO WERE HIS RECIEVERS. it's not a huge surprise Tyrod was going to struggle against a defense especially secondary that good that could cover Deonte Thompson in their sleep. Tyrod needs his guys open and that was never ever going to happen

Tystans can make the best excuses 

Tyrod was ? and lost the game on his own.    Face the facts and stop lying to everyone 

Edited by Teddy KGB

14 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

We held the Jags to 10 points in Jacksonville. The next week they got 42 in Pittsburgh.  Bodes well for our defense.  

not at all

teams don't waste a drop of sweat to get the win

they had no fear of the Bills scoring so they just ran that sweet clock out in the Bills face

15 hours ago, harv shitz said:

TT was the sole reason we lost that game. You should see that if you watched it. One of, if not the worst, playoff quarterbacking I have ever suffered through.

Excuse me but he was not the SOLE reason we lost that game......the defense did not turn blake bortles over or stop his scrambles either

Like it or not that was a team loss.

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

...actually, the broadcasters themselves, on multiple occasions, pointed out when Bills' receivers were wide open and Tyrod just didn't throw to them for some reason.  They even mused and wondered aloud why TT didn't throw to them.  Sorry, that loss is 99% on Tyrod.

The broadcaster's have absolutely no idea what is actually going on the field......players can look open but are actually covered at the QB being baited into that throw.....

Or....they might have been open

but the broadcaster's dont know without the benefit of knowing the x and o that is going on the field

14 hours ago, The Alpha Fire said:

I just caught the end of it. I forgot it ended with a Peterman int. Fitting.

Tyrod is so frustrating to watch. 

He just doesnt see the damn field.

Lets go Josh Allen.

Ball hit the ground, we should have had another shot

That was one of the worst playoff games in the history of the nfl.  I do think if we had a big play threat wr we win that game.

but I was so happy with the drought being over, I just had a blast going out and hanging out with girls who weren’t born when the Bills last made a SB.  ?

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Excuse me but he was not the SOLE reason we lost that game......the defense did not turn blake bortles over or stop his scrambles either

Defense gave up 10 points.  

Cut the crap.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Defense gave up 10 points.  

Cut the crap.  

Agreed.  Defense did a hell of a good job totally nullifying Jacksonville's offense for quite a long time.

That game was utterly winnable by a Bills team with a QB who could move the freaking ball and put points on the board.  

As it is, we had Tyrod, and the rest is history.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Agreed.  Defense did a hell of a good job totally nullifying Jacksonville's offense for quite a long time.

That game was utterly winnable by a Bills team with a QB who could move the freaking ball and put points on the board.  

As it is, we had Tyrod, and the rest is history.

We were also facing a dominant defense that a good qb threw multiple interceptions to the very next game.......

Such a short sided view of things from some of you.

23 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

The playcalling was terrible. Shady alone had 120 yards of total offense and should have been given the ball more. Did we even call one screen during that game? Especially against a young and super aggressive defense. 

FYI going to Benjamin instead of Shady during that early trip to the Red Zone was terrible. 

perhaps this is why our OC got canned and justifiably so

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Like it or not that was a team loss.

The broadcaster's have absolutely no idea what is actually going on the field......players can look open but are actually covered at the QB being baited into that throw.....

Or....they might have been open

but the broadcaster's dont know without the benefit of knowing the x and o that is going on the field

Not the sole reason we lost but I think TT was the main reason. Missed too many throws and probably should have run more. Plays were there to be made and he didn't make them. Play calling definitely didn't help. 

As far as announcers...I would almost always agree with you but I thought Tony Romo was pretty good with seeing what's going on and calling it like it is. He predicted quite a few plays and defenses all year. I thought he was going to lose his mind on the play TT got hurt. Thompson was open, TT appeared to look at him but didn't throw it. 

Such a frustrating game. The Bills could get first downs, but we kept stalling near mid field. 20 first downs on 260 yards (complete lack of chunk plays).  

Tyrod was pretty awful, but I'll still say he outplayed Bortles. Bortles had a couple of really easy throws that he threw into the dirt and killed some drives. 

Offensive playcalling was so vanilla it made me want to pull my hair out. Defense played great, but it was disappointing that they never adjusted to Bortles scrambling. 

1 hour ago, Maybe Someday said:

Not the sole reason we lost but I think TT was the main reason. Missed too many throws and probably should have run more. Plays were there to be made and he didn't make them. Play calling definitely didn't help. 

As far as announcers...I would almost always agree with you but I thought Tony Romo was pretty good with seeing what's going on and calling it like it is. He predicted quite a few plays and defenses all year. I thought he was going to lose his mind on the play TT got hurt. Thompson was open, TT appeared to look at him but didn't throw it. 

Now see I can live with this.....I think that TT was maxed out on upside and the bills realized that to get to the next level where they want to be they needed better QB play.....and I agree with them.  

We need a QB that actually makes others look better.....not the other way around in order to get to the final game.....the bills are attempting to do that.

As far as Romo.....he does a great job explaining things so fans can understand what is going on....but he still does not have the benefit of knowing the play

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/11/2018 at 11:46 PM, Circlethewagon8404 said:

if we can't stop Blake Bortles scrambling, we didn't deserve to win that game.  I was as hopeful as anyone, but it was just pathetic watching him rack up rushing yards.

That’s the trick of it.   

Keep it close and hope your guy does what you expect from a “running” QB and run for a TD.   

But when you don’t have an effective passing game you throw the run at a brick wall.  

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We were also facing a dominant defense that a good qb threw multiple interceptions to the very next game.......

Such a short sided view of things from some of you.

The Bills D was dominant too.   

The problem was Bortles was the better QB.    Also note the points the Jags scored in their next games.  More than 10.  I don’t recall maybe 20 ppg in both???

On 7/12/2018 at 1:52 AM, The Red King said:

...actually, the broadcasters themselves, on multiple occasions, pointed out when Bills' receivers were wide open and Tyrod just didn't throw to them for some reason.  They even mused and wondered aloud why TT didn't throw to them.  Sorry, that loss is 99% on Tyrod.

100% agree.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:06 PM, harv shitz said:

TT was the sole reason we lost that game. You should see that if you watched it. One of, if not the worst, playoff quarterbacking I have ever suffered through.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:39 PM, vincec said:

Did they call a screen during the entire season? I'm not sure it was in the playbook.

only to tolbert and dimarco....lol

On 7/12/2018 at 4:01 AM, #34fan said:

Ty-fraud had a laugh on all of us... Don't be shocked if Stanton is the starter in CLE by week 5.

i'm predicting halloween...hue is gone and mayfield is in.