Bakin

2018 Playoff game vs Jags

Replaying On NFL network now. 

How did we not win that game????

That 9 minute drive at the end of the first half. TT was both superb and abysmal at the same time.

Missing O’Leary for a sure fire TD.

Tyrod getting up from what could have been 3 game ending injuries in one drive. 

Head scratching play calls. 

Good to rewatch. 

TT was the sole reason we lost that game. You should see that if you watched it. One of, if not the worst, playoff quarterbacking I have ever suffered through.

• Like 5

We lost because we didn’t have Tremaine Edmunds to track down Blake Bortles on his scrambles.  It was their only semblance of offense the entire game.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If I recall there was a lot of pressure of Tyrod by the Dline, but still I remember thinking that the playoff loss was going to seal the fate of Tyrod and Dennison.  Glad I was correct

Those are both reasons. 

But TT played badly AND like a champ (at times). 

Also bad clock management and questionable play calling. 

The coaches don’t get a pass either. 

We held the Jags to 10 points in Jacksonville. The next week they got 42 in Pittsburgh.  Bodes well for our defense.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The playcalling was terrible. Shady alone had 120 yards of total offense and should have been given the ball more. Did we even call one screen during that game? Especially against a young and super aggressive defense. 

FYI going to Benjamin instead of Shady during that early trip to the Red Zone was terrible. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

The playcalling was terrible. Shady alone had 120 yards of total offense and should have been given the ball more. Did we even call one screen during that game? Especially against a young and super aggressive defense. 

FYI going to Benjamin instead of Shady during that early trip to the Red Zone was terrible. 

Did they call a screen during the entire season? I'm not sure it was in the playbook.

I just caught the end of it. I forgot it ended with a Peterman int. Fitting.

Tyrod is so frustrating to watch. 

He just doesnt see the damn field.

Lets go Josh Allen.

• Like 1

if we can't stop Blake Bortles scrambling, we didn't deserve to win that game.  I was as hopeful as anyone, but it was just pathetic watching him rack up rushing yards.

1 hour ago, vincec said:

Did they call a screen during the entire season? I'm not sure it was in the playbook.

I think you’re right. But, you’d think Dennison would throw in a wrinkle when it comes to a playoff game and the team you’re facing has 16 games worth of tape on you. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

We lost because we didn’t have Tremaine Edmunds to track down Blake Bortles on his scrambles.  It was their only semblance of offense the entire game.  

Underrated scrambler. He has done it to us every time

50 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

if we can't stop Blake Bortles scrambling, we didn't deserve to win that game.  I was as hopeful as anyone, but it was just pathetic watching him rack up rushing yards.

Bortles is a good scrambler man.

3 hours ago, harv shitz said:

TT was the sole reason we lost that game. You should see that if you watched it. One of, if not the worst, playoff quarterbacking I have ever suffered through.

He was horrible.. SO WERE HIS RECIEVERS. it's not a huge surprise Tyrod was going to struggle against a defense especially secondary that good that could cover Deonte Thompson in their sleep. Tyrod needs his guys open and that was never ever going to happen

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He was horrible.. SO WERE HIS RECIEVERS. it's not a huge surprise Tyrod was going to struggle against a defense especially secondary that good that could cover Deonte Thompson in their sleep. Tyrod needs his guys open and that was never ever going to happen

...actually, the broadcasters themselves, on multiple occasions, pointed out when Bills' receivers were wide open and Tyrod just didn't throw to them for some reason.  They even mused and wondered aloud why TT didn't throw to them.  Sorry, that loss is 99% on Tyrod.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, harv shitz said:

Have the game on right now and I agree with you.

Both QBs in this game were abysmal.  

4 hours ago, The Alpha Fire said:

I just caught the end of it. I forgot it ended with a Peterman int. Fitting.

Tyrod is so frustrating to watch. 

He just doesnt see the damn field.

Lets go Josh Allen.

That's part of it, but only part of it.

He has many flaws; his biggest is an absolute reluctance to throw the football unless he sees a target wide open first.

• Like 1

Ty-fraud had a laugh on all of us... Don't be shocked if Stanton is the starter in CLE by week 5.

• Like 1

Just now, #34fan said:

Ty-fraud had a laugh on all of us... Don't be shocked if Stanton is the starter in CLE by week 5.

LOL.  If the Browns struggle they'll turn to Mayfield.  Although, they are the Browns so who knows.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

LOL.  If the Browns struggle they'll turn to Mayfield.  Although, they are the Browns so who knows.

I cringed when the Browns took Mayfail. -It was like something poked me in the eye... If that's their future, I don't know what to say about the Browns... 

They did alright by picking up Stanton... He'll get some wins if he gets the chance.

Hey look, a Tyrod thread!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

I had to turn it off, too painful...

*playoff game

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

Finally a good derogatory nickname! All I asked for.. No more Tie-Rod please. Doesn't make sense, could be misconstrued as a servicable tool. Go forth and do good, and spread the Ty-fraud nickname. Okay with the Tyrod hate as long as we can get a funny nickname for his poor play.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Tystans can make the best excuses 

Tyrod was 💩 and lost the game on his own.    Face the facts and stop lying to everyone 

Edited by Teddy KGB

14 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

We held the Jags to 10 points in Jacksonville. The next week they got 42 in Pittsburgh.  Bodes well for our defense.  

not at all

teams don't waste a drop of sweat to get the win

they had no fear of the Bills scoring so they just ran that sweet clock out in the Bills face

15 hours ago, harv shitz said:

Excuse me but he was not the SOLE reason we lost that game......the defense did not turn blake bortles over or stop his scrambles either

Like it or not that was a team loss.

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

...actually, the broadcasters themselves, on multiple occasions, pointed out when Bills' receivers were wide open and Tyrod just didn't throw to them for some reason.  They even mused and wondered aloud why TT didn't throw to them.  Sorry, that loss is 99% on Tyrod.

The broadcaster's have absolutely no idea what is actually going on the field......players can look open but are actually covered at the QB being baited into that throw.....

Or....they might have been open

but the broadcaster's dont know without the benefit of knowing the x and o that is going on the field