Sharks find Instagram model tasty

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/model-katarina-zarutskie-gets-bitten-by-shark-while-posing-for-photos/

However, after posing for photos for a few minutes, a local resident suggested she lie on her back in the water, which would give off the illusion that she was floating among the sharks. Shortly after, she was bitten by a nurse shark and pulled under.

0da0f94f1c524a26ce8942e40e411b22.jpg

Ironic thing is this: she is a nursing student!

Despite her horrific ordeal, the future nursing student doesn’t want her experience to deter anybody else

1) Nursing student bitten by nurse shark.  I swear, the past few years have been as though God just said "!@#$ it" and turned over running the universe to a drunk Adam Sandler.

2) Horrific ordeal?  It's a frickin' nurse shark.  That's not horrific.  That's an inconvenience.  Having to jump start your car is a more horrific ordeal than being bitten by that muppet fish.

3) Is the shark in any way related to Shady McCoy?

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Was she wearing jewlery, braclet... Probably looked like lure on wrist.

???

Idiot...

Quite possible.  Barracudas are also attracted to shiny objects and will attack those.   I have been scuba diving in deep water with nurse sharks, sand tiger sharks, bull sharks, barracuda, among many other creatures.  Nurse sharks have never been anything to worry about as long as you don't prod them or pull their tail (this has been done by others).  

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You're probably right.  Barracudas are also attracted to shiny objects and will attack those.   I have been scuba diving in deep water with nurse sharks, sand tiger sharks, bull sharks, barracuda, among many other creatures.  Nurse sharks have never been anything to worry about as long as you don't prod them or pull their tail (this has been done by others).  

Thnx...

That girl surfer (Bethany I think?) Who got her arm chomped off... I think was paddling out with a charm of something on her wrist. ???

Not the wisest thing to do, putting a "lure" on your wrist.  Not faulting people for lapsing, sometimes one just forgets.  All the modern trappings, conveniences sometimes come back to haunt us if we stop thinking and be less with situational awareness.  Like when people traipse through the backcountry... Then slather themselves up with modern abultions, then come to find a bear is kissing them in their tent because they smell like blueberries.

Anyway... /smh...

I saw the picks she was floating face up in the middle of about 40 nurse sharks all full grown arms spread out like jesus and one nipped her arm.   While they're not bull sharks and you really have no fear of dying from one of them it's still about as dumb an idea as any to go swimming with a few dozen of them that have been lured in from constant feeding.    But she had to have the shot so she could put some stupid quote with it like "no matter what life dishes me I'll rise above it".  

GAG!  stupid self serving crap like that makes me wanna vomit. 

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/model-katarina-zarutskie-gets-bitten-by-shark-while-posing-for-photos/

However, after posing for photos for a few minutes, a local resident suggested she lie on her back in the water, which would give off the illusion that she was floating among the sharks. Shortly after, she was bitten by a nurse shark and pulled under.

0da0f94f1c524a26ce8942e40e411b22.jpg

Ironic thing is this: she is a nursing student!

Yes, that certainly is ironic. And now she’s a blood donor too! Celebrate surviving with some cheesecake and a milkshake! 

If they had gotten a picture of the shark biting her, she could use that in her instagram and it could kind of be like her holding a fish

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

1) Nursing student bitten by nurse shark.  I swear, the past few years have been as though God just said "!@#$ it" and turned over running the universe to a drunk Adam Sandler.

2) Horrific ordeal?  It's a frickin' nurse shark.  That's not horrific.  That's an inconvenience.  Having to jump start your car is a more horrific ordeal than being bitten by that muppet fish.

3) Is the shark in any way related to Shady McCoy?