Favorite Underground rapper?

Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And the end.

Most of them, anyway.

I'm sure Gang Starr was underground at the beginning of their careers, but they are revered as one of the all time greatest groups. Their videos were all over MTV in the 90's.

1 minute ago, The Jerk said:

Is Royce still underground at this stage? I mean dude cut a whole album with Eminem.

Thats a tough 1 but when you look at his fan base and his demographics I’d say yes Royce is a huge underground rapper almost mainstream 

but you can easily say he is mainstream because he Does so much with Em

I used to love rap when I was a teenager in the 90s.  Three Six, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Do or Die.  Loved them.  I must have gotten old because I can’t stand to listen to that garbage now.  Hoe this, whore that.  Making up words to make them rhyme.  Hip hop is dead to me now.  I’ll still listen to 90s rap or Christian rap, but nothing current and secular (I don’t judge people who do either!).

I'll throw Supernatural out there. He's a freestyle/routine performer but really entertaining. If you eve get the chance to see him live don't miss out. He'll make a song on the spot just by people pulling stuff out of their pockets.

56 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Side note.

Some idiot decided country rap is a genre; worst music ever.

I'll take music you can't hum even though it's in a major key for a hundred, Alex.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yeah country vocals with rap melodies was priceless. :sick:

and vice versa

You think that's bad? I heard country with autotuned vocals for the first time two weeks ago. :thumbdown:

• Haha (+1) 1