Dareus charged in lawsuit with sexual assault

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I can’t really argue that.  I always think there are guys, especially big guys, who view football as more of a job than a game.  If you’ve ever played football, it’s a freaking grind.  

But Dareus has unbelievable talent for DT.  He was a consensus top 5 pick.  And people want to ignore it but dude has seen a lot of death in his life.  I don’t know if there really anyone to keep in check right now.

The university kept him in check, but once he was on his own with a fat wallet, all bets were off.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Zay Jones says hi.  Also, we just signed 2 guys who were suspended last year.  

Oh please.  His biggest issues were weed, drag racing, and showing up to meetings on time.  To make a jump to him allegedly raping someone is crazy.  His “issues” were far less serious than RI or McCoy’s.

Innocent until proven guilty unless you are an ex Bill I guess. 

FIFY. 

Is it time to take a trip in the way-back machine to the era when Nix/Whaley were picking and signing players and taking a hard look at the personality/character-related stuff that they flat out ignored when it came to roster building? I think it merits a thread. So many thugs, morons, and miscreants. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Is it time to take a trip in the way-back machine to the era when Nix/Whaley were picking and signing players and taking a hard look at the personality/character-related stuff that they flat out ignored when it came to roster building? I think it merits a thread. So many thugs, morons, and miscreants. 

It's well documented on here that I wanted the Bills to take AJ Green, that he would end up being the better player. The Bills could have literally drafted anyone else, sans the 2 QBs, that were drafted in the top 10 and they would have gotten more out of the player.

Sad really.

Zay Jones says hi.  Also, we just signed 2 guys who were suspended last year.  

Oh please.  His biggest issues were weed, drag racing, and showing up to meetings on time.  To make a jump to him allegedly raping someone is crazy.  His “issues” were far less serious than RI or McCoy’s.

Innocent until proven guilty unless you are an ex Bill I guess. 

yea maybe his issues were far less serious but does it shock me when a NFL football player with past indiscretions sexually assaults someone nope. All these guys that this kinda stuff happens to has some history of getting in trouble. McCoy  and RI included. You wont find one post on here of me defending RI or McCoy because both have a past with the same type of things. NFL players have lost the benefit of doubt for me. Where there is smoke there is usually some fire whether whole truth or fragmented truth. I have a few  friends that play or have played in the nfl and all have the same "untouchable" attitude    

39 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I see your point Dave but I don’t remember guys really getting in trouble in 2014.  I was fan from a Marrone’s but everyone on defense seemed to be on their best behavior.

36 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It's well documented on here that I wanted the Bills to take AJ Green, that he would end up being the better player. The Bills could have literally drafted anyone else, sans the 2 QBs, that were drafted in the top 10 and they would have gotten more out of the player.

Sad really.

At the same point, Green probsbly would have suffered the same fates as Sammy, Lee, Woods, and Moulds did at points of their career. Wrs are dependent players.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nice, this is when he was with the Bills. 

Man, if Beane somehow knew about this and still had the cojones to not blink and push back on Jags for conditional 5th instead of just 6th - wow.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/art-deal

But the two sides couldn’t totally agree on compensation for Dareus. The Bills wanted a fifth round pick, arguing Dareus’ talent was clearly worth the price. But because Jacksonville was going to have to take on his massive contract and cap hit, on the hook for roughly $50 million through 2021, and also didn’t fully know Dareus’ medical condition before giving him a physical after a deal, they were holding firm on only offering a sixth round pick.

But the two sides were so close that neither wanted to walk away from making it happen. They continued to talk and got creative.  

Beane says he told the Jags, “if you aren’t going to give me a hard fifth, at least give me a chance to get it. You’re arguing, ‘what if he can’t play?’ Well, what if he does play? Then I want fair compensation.”

Edited by stevewin

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

The university kept him in check, but once he was on his own with a fat wallet, all bets were off.

That’s why Saban quit Miami to run back to college.  You are a God there and players are completely powerless.  They have to obey or you can ruin their life as a coach.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s why Saban quit Miami to run back to college.  You are a God there and players are completely powerless.  They have to obey or you can ruin their life as a coach.

...for $7.5 mil a year to boot...nice work if you can get it..............

1. This chick needs a new lawyer. $15k for an STD from one of the top paid linemen in the NFL? And why on Earth would you even admit the consensual/non consensual sex part if you were only suing and not pursuing criminal charges? (Because if I were a woman, and raped, there's nothing more I'd want to do than ... have consensual sex with my attacker afterward?)

2. Dareus appears to have very little passion for the game, obviously has no self control and has the intelligence of an eggplant. What a wise move by Beane getting rid of him. I only hope the Shady story is bogus, which it appears to be. All of these guys need to choose their sexual conquests a little better. Jesus. 

3. Seriously dislike the journalistic standard of not publicizing "victims' " names of sexual abuse in lawsuits while dragging the accused's name through the mud. I know she filed as Jane Doe in the suit, but journalists have been doing this for decades with other stories. When I was a reporter, I thought it was wrong, and it's wrong today. If you run a story on a suit or criminal case, you should publish both names, public figure or not, sexual crime or not. It's 2017, and by not publishing a name you're actually stigmatizing it. From a legal standpoint, you shouldn't be able to file anonymously IMO. 

Serious question: Can you prove a particular person gave you an STD? (I presume he knew; otherwise it wouldn't be grounds for a suit I imagine, but how can she prove Dareus gave it to her, and not, say, Mike Vick, aka Ron Mexico?).

You are a god there if you win, and Saban wins.