Dareus charged in lawsuit with sexual assault

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True.  I’ve heard the horror stories of coaches who don’t win.  College football fans are insane.

5 National Championships in 9 yrs will make a coach a god at any university.

Alabama’s run is unprecedented, and it look like it has legs. The 2018 recruiting class is shaping up to be stellar.

My son’s timing was good. He graduated last year after spending 4 years there earning his BS/MS.

10 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Not sure how reliable this is but.. 

Yeesh, that ain't good:

"The woman says she “blacked out” from drinking and woke up next to an unclothed Dareus. Realizing that there had been “sexual physical acts upon her person,” she left to go back to her hotel."

On 7/12/2018 at 12:31 PM, Just in Atlanta said:

Serious question: Can you prove a particular person gave you an STD? (I presume he knew; otherwise it wouldn't be grounds for a suit I imagine, but how can she prove Dareus gave it to her, and not, say, Mike Vick, aka Ron Mexico?).

Serious answer: these days, maybe.  There are different "clades" (kind of like strains) of herpes virus, then recombinations of them, so you could at least demonstrate that the "donor" and recipient had the same virus genetically.  That could rule out, not sure how unique they are to rule in.

Marcell Dareus named in second lawsuit alleging sexual assault

By COMPILED FROM NEWS AND WIRE SERVICES | Published July 13, 2018 | Updated July 13, 2018

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Marcell Dareus has been named in two separate lawsuits by women who claimed he sexually assaulted them while they were unconscious.

One day after a Jacksonville, Fla., station reported that the former Bills first-round pick was being sued for sexual assault stemming from an incident in April, he also was named in a suit involving a different woman that dates to January 2017, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

The earlier incident occurred on Jan. 7, 2017, in Lutz, Fla., two days before the national championship game between Alabama and Clemson, the newspaper reported.

The unnamed woman, according to a lawsuit filed in Circuit Court in Hillsborough County Circuit, claimed she met Dareus at a club in Tampa and was invited back to a party at a mansion he rented.

Dareus, who played collegiately at Alabama, was part of ESPN’s broadcasting team for the national title game and rented a large property for the week leading up to the contest.