Dareus charged in lawsuit with sexual assault

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seems to me Coughlin must also have known, which is why the two of them were talking about a 6th round pick/conditional 5th round "if he can play." (article on Beane's trades)

With the benefit of hindsight, why would whether Dareus can play be a question unless they knew there were grounds for suspension lurking in the picture?  At that point, he had returned from a hammy and was getting a reasonable number of snaps every game/being reasonably effective for Buffalo.

I didn't see that part.  Would be interesting to know what he meant.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I said earlier that I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Beane knew about the incident and that's why he was desperate to dump him, for a song, seeing as how the dead cap hit was huge and the Bills were in the middle of a playoff run.  But there's no way he'll admit that because that would piss the Jags off and make them never consider trading with the Bills again.

As for this case, it's now a matter of waiting and seeing.  Too bad Shady hired the guy he needed.

Id imagine that the team would be obligated to tell the league of a possible rape situation.

22 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

Quick question do you have someone that must keep you in check from doing illegal things? How many americans need other adults to keep them in check from doing illegal things?

I would think that every american adult that does something illegal could've used another adult to keep them in check.

16 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Or they could grow up and hold themselves accountable.

You can accept responsibility for an action and still wish that someone was there to talk you out of doing it in the first place. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

17 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You can accept responsibility for an action and still wish that someone was there to talk you out of doing it in the first place. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

Didnt say they were,nt mutually exclusive; my take is thats its a shame that he need another adult to look after himself. 

The problem is that the NFL is filled with really low quality individuals with poor character.

You then throw millions of dollars at them and really bad things result.

It's a shame, too, because there are a lot of guys in the NFL with bad backgrounds but who do not behave like animals and show a lot of personal growth as they go through their careers making big bucks.

Every time a Dareus type does something stupid, he makes everyone around him look bad.

I do think teams are finally waking up to this stuff, though.  They are paying more attention to the thug vs. athlete analysis and we have seen some guys slip down the drafting order beyond their natural talent level simply b/c of fears about character.