Dareus charged in lawsuit with sexual assault

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Innocent until proven guilty

but if ....yuk

Excellent point

A little off topic but I am now and forever Anti Tank.

i used to be all for it but you end up destroying your all whole team to get one player. This cause him to flounder because he has no help and as an athlete losing on purpose ruins your mindset of being a competitor, which is what happened to the Sabres.

Also McDermott showed that building the right culture has a big impact on the team and I believe these players are sold out for winning and will run through a hundred walls for him and you can't do that if you're trying to lose for better draft picks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i used to be all for it but you end up destroying your all whole team to get one player. This cause him to flounder because he has no help and as an athlete losing on purpose ruins your mindset of being a competitor, which is what happened to the Sabres.

Also McDermott showed that building the right culture has a big impact on the team and I believe these players are sold out for winning and will run through a hundred walls for him and you can't do that if you're trying to lose for better draft picks.

I absolutely agree with this

It also shows what a good organization can do with draft positioning....the trade down in the year before last draft and picking up up Tre......then accumulating all that draft capital.....then using that draft capital effectively.....taking a shot at that franchise QB.....all the while NOT giving up future draft capital.....just awesome work.

Some people dont understand the significance of that right now......but when we are talking about needing a bonafide playmaker on offense as this year wraps up......and talking about who we might get with that first rounder next year....when we could have EASILY not had that first rounder next year......

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It also shows what a good organization can do with draft positioning....the trade down in the year before last draft and picking up up Tre......then accumulating all that draft capital.....then using that draft capital effectively.....taking a shot at that franchise QB.....all the while NOT giving up future draft capital.....just awesome work.

Some people dont understand the significance of that right now......but when we are talking about needing a bonafide playmaker on offense as this year wraps up......and talking about who we might get with that first rounder next year....when we could have EASILY not had that first rounder next year......

Exactly , you're better off using picks and players to get the ones you want instead losing to do so; Win now and win tomorrow! (Beane)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

...nicely done and the spot on, perfect assessment my friend.:thumbsup:...why the hell is that so hard to understand and why are the TBD pundNUTS already talking about firing McBeane?....how can you fault McD wanting character guys to build a team around "several good men"?......da Fuhrer Coughlin was over the top but even he somewhat mellowed.....what the hell is wrong with meaning business?....."Fat Albert Dareus" and his now disease needed to go and was a good call IMO.....McD doesn't ONLY shop for choir boys and neither does Belichick.....roll the dice, take a chance and they see if the player buys in or is out tomorrow...blow the opportunity and that's YOUR fault.......and if the sign out front of McD's door says "divas and high maintenance need NOT apply", he should be fired for trying to mold an organization?...and yes. the "McD Trio" has done awesome work so far and we're not even to TC and pre-season...........

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Exactly , you're better off using picks and players to get the ones you want instead losing to do so; Win now and win tomorrow! (Beane)

yep. shouldn't be that hard to accept that thinking. Moving forward ? I think we should be resolved to support positive thinking , such has been inspired at OBD it seems.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Which team in the NFL has tanked?

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...."tank talk" cost the Mav's Cuban 600 grand in the NBA (HINT: his yap is always unhinged)....

yeah but in the NFL.?

The Browns hired Hue Jackson and experienced the predictable outcome of a single win over 2 seasons---yet no one says they are tanking.

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yeah but in the NFL.?

The Browns hired Hue Jackson and experienced the predictable outcome of a single win over 2 seasons---yet no one says they are tanking.

...BIG difference....1-31 is his natural habitat....just sayin'......5-43 post 2018 is a substantial improvement as long as "Rebate Jimmy" is calling the shots....

On 7/11/2018 at 6:54 PM, Mickey said:

Yeah but the whole point of that is to make the settlement before its sued so that it stays out of the papers. Much less reason for Dareus to settle this now that the allegations have been made public. The more likely scenario is that they contacted his people, asked for a bundle, he said "nope" and they sued. 

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read it: the reason the suit is filed 4 months later is her lawyer was trying to soak some settlement money out of his lawyer.  Dareus said "not happening" so she filed.

It's been known to happen that a woman doesn't know she's been raped (unconsensual sex while unconscious) and later has consensual sex, but in this case the linked article says the lawsuit claims she woke up in pain and he told her what happened, but she stayed and continued to have sex with him.  So it seems like a reasonable inference that it didn't upset her too much at the time.

On 7/12/2018 at 7:29 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

Fun story about Marcel. My friend and his now wife we at a Bills bar and Marcel walked up to her, looked her top to bottom and asked "you a good F***?"

So he may not have the highest respect for the opposite gender is all I'm saying

:doh: