Dareus charged in lawsuit with sexual assault

Lawsuit accuses Jaguars' Dareus of assault, transmitting STD

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Texas woman, who identifies herself only as Jane Doe, is suing Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Marcell Dareus over allegations that he sexually assaulted her and exposed her to a sexually transmitted disease.

According to a copy of a civil complaint filed July 6 in Duval County, the unidentified woman accuses Dareus, 28, of having sex with her while she was unconscious and without disclosing what she believes was herpes. The lawsuit seeks a jury trial and damages in excess of $15,000.

In the complaint, the woman’s attorneys accuse Dareus of having unprotected sex with their client "while she was unconscious and therefore without her consent." They allege he later had consensual sex with her "without informing her that he was carrying a sexually transmitted disease."

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Civil suit with no criminal charges.  We'll see. 

Seems a little strange for the accuser to say she had sex without her consent, while unconscious, and then later had consentual sex. 

Wtf was your first clue this wasn’t a good idea?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Seems a little strange for the accuser to say she had sex without her consent, while unconscious, and then later had consentual sex. 

Wtf was your first clue this wasn’t a good idea?

Exactly my thoughts.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The woman’s attorneys accuse Dareus of having unprotected sex with their client "while she was unconscious and therefore without her consent." They allege he later had consensual sex with her "without informing her that he was carrying a sexually transmitted disease."

She had consensual sex after nonconsensual sex.  Interesting.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

She had consensual sex after nonconsensual sex.  Interesting.

She could have woken up and then had sex with them without knowing about the sex when she was out at the time. That seems too much like an episode of Law & Order: SVU for me to believe though.

Can they really convict him on transmitting herpes?  How in the world can they prove that?  It’s a virus that can remain dormant for a very long time before activating.  

How are you going to prove she didn’t already have in which she more than likely did?  99% of people infected never know they have it.  Im not trying to criticize her character by saying more than likely she had it....I graduated with a girl that is now a Scientist at the CDC and she estimates that roughly 85-90% of sexually active people who have slept with more than one partner have this virus.  

The he sleeping with her while unconscious....while different story.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Can they really convict him on transmitting herpes?  How in the world can they prove that?  It’s a virus that can remain dormant for a very long time before activating.  

How are you going to prove she didn’t already have in which she more than likely did?  99% of people infected never know they have it.  Im not trying to criticize her character by saying more than likely she had it....I graduated with a girl that is now a Scientist at the CDC and she estimates that roughly 85-90% of sexually active people who have slept with more than one partner have this virus.  

The he sleeping with her while unconscious....while different story.

He should have had sex with her in California they let you transmit AIDS without notifying your partner. I'm sure herpes is nothing...

• Like (+1) 2

He was the Buffalo Bills number one draft pick (3rd overall) in the 2011 NFL draft.  In 2015 the Bills signed him to a six-year $96.6-million contract extension.  But Sunday after the Jacksonville Jaguars Divisional Playoff game win over Pittsburgh, Marcel Dareus told reporters that he was treated like "a nobody" by the Buffalo Bills.

With Coach Sean McDermott in charge Dareus' playing time was reduced and for good reason.  He came to training camp out of shape and when he did play he just didn't seem interested.  To this Dareus complained to reporters, "I'm a _____ All-Pro.  And y'all aren’t even going to let me play? You aren't even going to give me snaps?"

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

Here's the same guy who was suspended twice for drugs.  The same guy involved in a drag race and crash.  The same guy who couldn't seem to get himself to meetings on time.  The same guy who said he was going to admit himself to rehab, but ended up partying on Chippewa Street.

Dareus says his mid-season trade to the Jaquars changed his life.  For his sake we can only hope so because he's paid lip-service to his immature actions too many times before only to repeat them.  He has continually proven himself to be an lazy, arrogant, childish egotist always looking for someone else to blame for his problems.

He was traded because despite his talent he is not the kind of player the Bills want.  I thought the trade was addition by subtraction.  I can't help but feel that in no time good ol' Marcel will revert to the kind of person and player he proved himself to be in Buffalo.

http://wyrk.com/get-a-load-about-what-marcel-dareus-said-about-the-buffalo-bills/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1