Philadelphia Inquirer staff writer says Shady struggles with resolving conflicts civilly

9 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Exactly. Being a pretentious bully type diva dude doesn't make him guilty of paying people to do home invasions and beatings of ex-GFs. Public lynching is really back thanks to the web. It would help if the "justice system" wasn't so damn slow though!

With Ray Rice there was video evidence, here it's pics that doesn't prove any of his involvement.  Thankfully, he has the $$$ to get defended well.

But here's the thing, it's not dumb.  Beat writers aren't going to go tattling on everything that happens between them and an athlete after a story is written where the said athlete disagrees with the story.  He's stating this only now, because it's pertinent to bigger story and frankly people need to know what's out there about LeSean in terms of making a judgement call.  He said twice that it doesn't make him guilty - the story is to provide reference (and clicks) Taking the word of a reporter should be easier and people dismissing it as #fakenews is lazy. But that's a whole other topic.

"Shady" is the perfect nickname for his character....

I won't presume anything not factually proven or at least with strong corroborating evidence to support the assertion that he was involved. Of course there are many circumstantial pieces that point to him and certainly his history (regardless of the article) shows he has questionable decision making regarding friends / acquaintances and what he does in his free time. 

What happened to that young woman is horrific and I'm sure she will suffer from PTSD for years to come, but as has been said so many times on this board he is truly innocent until proven guilty. However, keeping that standard in mind, rarely if ever does the justice system work so neatly and cleanly as a solid verdict clearing all the questions. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say in the end - which will take for-freaking-ever, a person will be caught and charged, that person will be offered a plea based on cooperation and testimony, IF and that's a huge IF Shady is involved, there will be a long trial and in the end, Shady will eventually be found guilty of a misdemeanor receiving something along the lines of Probation a fine and some community service as well as a permanent Order of Protection. 

However, for football it is more complex because Beane and his team won't know what happened until the legal system has completed its process but the Bills were absolutely depending on McCoy to be a big part of the Offense maybe even more this year and dependent on one RB probably more than they will in the years to come which creates another problem. The Bills could hang (and I think they already have) their hat on McCoy being the beast of the Offense while either a game manager or Rookie lead the Offense and the Defense being strong and the principal unit to lead the team in wins. Without McCoy or someone coming out of the shadows to replace his productivity - not his style, that is truly unique - then I think Beane fears the season is much, much harder to achieve their intended results. 

Legal issues will take quite a long time - football waits for no one and the season is rolling up on us quicker than we think and they need to make a decision. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

60s era Batmobile, or the Mystery Machine?  Overmatched either way...I think they better call Horatio Caine and 'CSI:Miami' for help.

Detective Monk has been called in as a consultant:

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Call me crazy, but...

Innocent until proven guilty.

If guilty, then I will start talking about what a piece of **** he is, but until that moment he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Call me crazy, but....

i dont have to let a jury decide my opinions on everything. Ultimately, he seems a bit of a sketchy guy, who we suspect has a temper regardless of this outcome, and gets into bad situations. If A friend of family member told me they were hanging with shady, I’d likely advise to make sure you are putting yourself in good situations. 

If more evidence comes out, I’d likely ramp that sentiment up, but I don’t need a jury to dictate that.

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Call me crazy, but....

i dont have to let a jury decide my opinions on everything. Ultimately, he seems a bit of a sketchy guy, who we suspect has a temper regardless of this outcome, and gets into bad situations. If A friend of family member told me they were hanging with shady, I’d likely advise to make sure you are putting yourself in good situations. 

If more evidence comes out, I’d likely ramp that sentiment up, but I don’t need a jury to dictate that.

So what's your opinion on whether on whether Shady was involved or not, and how did you arrive at that opinion? Just trying to understand the thought process given the dearth of facts.

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Call me crazy, but....

I understand the sentiment you are conveying about being discriminating about whom you associate with. But on a football team, or even in the business/work world, you as an individual are going to be in the midst of a wide array of people with different personalities and personal ethics. I agree with McDermott's attempt at considering character and personality traits when selecting players. But in the real world you are not going to insulate yourself from all the characters who deviate from the responsible norm. You just do your best to build up a critical mass of people who create a culture/environment where responsible behavior prevails with the recognition that you will still have to contend with the foibles of humans, sometime spilling over into very bad situations.  

I haven't specifically commented on the McCoy situation in Atlanta. I just don't have enough information to make a fair judgment. But what I can say is that McCoy is the type of person who when drawn into a problematic situation is not the type of sober thinking person who can defuse the situation with mature thinking and behavior. There is a volatility about him that only inflames a challenging situation. Sometimes traits that make you a special player on the football field can get you into serious trouble when you are functioning in the civilian world. Without jumping to a conclusion in this situation that doesn't mean that I am not troubled and suspicious about it. 

It would not surprise me in the least to learn that Shady is a hothead, but there is a world of difference between getting involved in a bar fight and hiring a thug to beat up his girlfriend to get back some jewelry.  That's not to say he's guilty of the latter, but that is essentially the allegation.

15 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Innocent until proven guilty, but you have to admit that unless this whole thing was staged to get back at McCoy, which isn’t very likely, I don’t think that McCoy will ever step on a football field again.

he cannot be sentence to prison without being found guilty

a ton of awful helter skelter can be placed upon him over an accusation, false or true though

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Call me crazy, but....

Unless you have more info than the rest of us, you are crazy.

There is a massive difference between "a bit of a sketchy guy" and a sick animal capable of woman abuse.

I wouldn't say I need a jury to decide, but since I don't have all the facts (and frankly neither do you), I will wait for the jury since it's the only group of citizens that will even see all the info. Put me on the jury and I'll decide for myself, but that won't happen.

I get it, you aren't in the minority, everyone just assumes bad things are true because you don't like his vibe or whatever. Being wrongly accused (and deemed guilty on social media) can be just as much of an terrible ordeal as what she went through. If Shady loses everything because people like you mark him guilty with almost no info, and he's actually innocent, it's a goddam tradgedy.

So yes, I believe in benefit of the doubt. I don't prejudge situations that I don't know enough about, but maybe that's just me.

• Like (+1) 2

you don't have a right to play in the NFL, your contract is probably laden with stuff that lets the team release you without compensation

for players past their prime a team is quite ready to invoke and inflict it when it can suit them

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The worst part of the article is that (supposedly) a professional Cornerback couldn’t hold onto a news reporter... that’s embarrassing. 

I missed that part...was his last name Gilmore? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1