Philadelphia Inquirer staff writer says Shady struggles with resolving conflicts civilly

32 minutes ago, KDS73 said:

Everybody from the server to the manager said that LeSean and his posse he had with him came into the restaurant and acted like disrespectful jerks, to the point that they were afraid to even go near the table after a while.  So yeah, he got bad service.  But it was of his own doing.  

As usual, I'm sure he was just a poor innocent victim of circumstance, right?  Maybe he's just a reeeeeeaally unlucky guy.  Cause he seems to get himself caught up in scandals and stupid situations an awful lot for a guy who never does anything wrong.  

I’ve never heard that he’s a wonderful human being. It doesn’t mean he’s guilty of the home invasion.

He's always been an !@#$, nothing would surprise me.  

57 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Over under on how many days before the bills let shady go? I say 4. 

I agree, he has played his last football in a Bills uniform, but I think it may take a little longer.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

What does frivolously tipping badly have to do with conflict resolution? Maybe he just bad service, or there was a fly in his soup.

The reporter was admitting that what he said ... tipping badly ... was frivolous. He wasn't accusing Shady of being frivolous by tipping badly.

4 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with his conclusions, but these are some excerpts of what Marcus Hayes of the Philadelphia Inquirer reported today:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills-allegations-philadelphia-eagles-marcus-hayes-20180711.html

"[Shady] took that opportunity to remind me of something I’d written after his rookie season, in which I’d characterized him as something other than the world’s greatest young running back. As a rookie, McCoy, a second-round pick, shared the starting role with two other running backs. My characterization was accurate at the time, but I congratulated him on the progress he’d made in the year since.

He replied with a loud string of expletives. He impugned my professionalism, my acumen, and my intelligence … and then he stuck his finger in my face and told me he should kick my “[bleeping] ass.”

[...]

About a year later, in the locker room while I was waiting to interview another player, McCoy called me over to his locker. Asante Samuel, his good friend, stood next to him. There, McCoy began to deride me again for a subsequent story. I told him I had no interest in having that conversation in that space. At that point, Samuel grabbed me by the arm to hold me in place.

[...]

But these incidents, combined with others in McCoy’s past, paint the picture of, at the very least, a man who struggles to resolve conflict with civility. He has been connected with a nightclub brawlkicking a female guest off a party bus on the New Jersey Turnpike and, frivolously, tipping badly."

"Tipping badly."  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Writer sounds like Sully who thought story was about writer not player.

Sometimes the story involves the writer. This one did. When it does, it's OK to report it.

A war correspondent doesn't have to leave it out of the story if he gets shot in the leg, for instance. The Shady at the TV studio story is obviously a much less serious incident than my hypothetical there, but the point is the same. When the story overtakes the reporter and he becomes involved, there's nothing wrong with writing about that.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Tipping badly."  :lol:

I know, kinda funny.

But in the OP this is presented as the conclusion, where in the story it's just somewhere in the middle as an interesting / funny note in paragraph 11 of 20.. Fair enough to think it's irrelevant. To me, though, it helps paint a picture.

Edited by Thurman#1

I'd take this tact when drafting and signing free agents and have maintained over and over on this board: you employee intelligent (mentally and emotionally) people who work hard and are committed to the team beyond their own stats. Guys like McCoy and Dareus (currently in the news) are wasted investments of time, energy, and capital resources. McCoy is undoubtedly talented but is the risk of dragging the team, its players, owners, and fans through the mud worth a few more yards than the guy who gets you similar stats but packaged in a better human being? Is it worth the money to have them suspended? Dareus was loved around these parts and his transgression chalked up to excuses. BS. He was an immature punk who had role models in his life and in that locker room who he refused to listen to. Guy was a loser. Is a loser. Always will be a loser. What did this team get from McCoy, Henry, Lynch, and McGahee other than headaches? And what did we get from seemingly less talented players like Jackson? Character flags are no go in my book. 

If there is one collective thing I love about McBeane its their commitment to culture and character. I firmly believe it's why Watkins was traded (he of the 10 target demand) and Darby was traded (he of the lying to the league, apparently) to cover for another scum bag (Winston). It's why Dareus is gone. It's why McCoy hopefully is gone. It's why Rosen wasn;t their pick. It's what cost talented QBs like Cutler and Leaf (no questioning the talent) their careers... immaturity and stupidity. 

Give me Fred Jacksons and Lorenzo Alexanders all day. 

If you're sticking up for McCoy's act, making excuses at every turn because of your fanboydom, you lack that emotional intelligence too - the ability to separate a skill from the character of the (in)human that possesses it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

I doubt the reporter's version of events is accurate. He come's across like a Jerry Sullivan type. Shady probably didn't like what was said, and this reporter probably gave him an attitude.

Why do I get the feeling you and FadingPain are the same person? You seriously don't have multiple accounts, correct?

Nope, just a person who loves the Bills and the game of football and who happens to agree with somebody else who just doesn't brush off a woman getting pistol whipped. No conspiracies here or Russian Bot accounts. Just a guy who is hoping to help other reasonable people to give-a-darn about violence on women.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

He's always been an !@#$, nothing would surprise me.  

I agree, he has played his last football in a Bills uniform, but I think it may take a little longer.  

It'll take longer. Not sure how long exactly but it'll happen quickly once they identify the assailant. That dude will flip faster than General Flynn

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sorry OP...no disrespect.  This is dumb.

No one ever said Shady was a model human being.  We knew what we were getting when we traded for him.  Doesn’t necessarily mean he did or didn’t do what he is currently accused of.

Exactly. Being a pretentious bully type diva dude doesn't make him guilty of paying people to do home invasions and beatings of ex-GFs. Public lynching is really back thanks to the web. It would help if the "justice system" wasn't so damn slow though!

With Ray Rice there was video evidence, here it's pics that doesn't prove any of his involvement.  Thankfully, he has the $$$ to get defended well.

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

I'd take this tact when drafting and signing free agents and have maintained over and over on this board: you employee intelligent (mentally and emotionally) people who work hard and are committed to the team beyond their own stats. Guys like McCoy and Dareus (currently in the news) are wasted investments of time, energy, and capital resources. McCoy is undoubtedly talented but is the risk of dragging the team, its players, owners, and fans through the mud worth a few more yards than the guy who gets you similar stats but packaged in a better human being? Is it worth the money to have them suspended? Dareus was loved around these parts and his transgression chalked up to excuses. BS. He was an immature punk who had role models in his life and in that locker room who he refused to listen to. Guy was a loser. Is a loser. Always will be a loser. What did this team get from McCoy, Henry, Lynch, and McGahee other than headaches? And what did we get from seemingly less talented players like Jackson? Character flags are no go in my book. 

If there is one collective thing I love about McBeane its their commitment to culture and character. I firmly believe it's why Watkins was traded (he of the 10 target demand) and Darby was traded (he of the lying to the league, apparently) to cover for another scum bag (Winston). It's why Dareus is gone. It's why McCoy hopefully is gone. It's why Rosen wasn;t their pick. It's what cost talented QBs like Cutler and Leaf (no questioning the talent) their careers... immaturity and stupidity. 

Give me Fred Jacksons and Lorenzo Alexanders all day. 

If you're sticking up for McCoy's act, making excuses at every turn because of your fanboydom, you lack that emotional intelligence too - the ability to separate a skill from the character of the (in)human that possesses it. 

Rosen should not be equated with those other guys. Nor Watkins (a salary cap and draft capital move if there ever was one). Probably Cutler besides, a guy whose career was ended by inconsistency rather than immaturity.

Having said that, yeah, I like that they're building around character guys. Get enough of them and your locker room becomes a place where people work harder and get better.

Guilty until proven innocent.  BTW, did she make a rock solid declaration that McCoy was the perp?  That is, did she see actually see who struck her and ID McCoy?  Can it be proven without a shadow of a doubt beyond her saying it was him, such as security camera footage?  And a lot of people new about the jewelry, so taking it could be a cover to implicate Shady.  Evidence could be heavily circumstantial.

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Is it a surprise that a guy like McCoy would attempt to resolve conflict through violence?

Around here, they call it "Occam's Shaver" [sic] folks! 

If it smells like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

If it seems obvious Shady was stupid enough to pay thugs to commit crimes in furtherance of fetching personal belongings from a woman, and they committed additional crimes in so doing, he probably did it.  And assuming the appropriate people do their jobs correctly, Shady is 1) gone from the league, 2) facing tons of civil liability, and 3) maybe about to do some jail time.  

Much less likely that the victim punched herself in the face a few dozen times and faked the whole thing.

At first I thought the photo might be staged, but now I'm having serious doubts. Tanya Harding all over again. If Shady set this up then enjoy your career being over and a jail cell.

8 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sorry OP...no disrespect.  This is dumb.

No one ever said Shady was a model human being.  We knew what we were getting when we traded for him.  Doesn’t necessarily mean he did or didn’t do what he is currently accused of.

He was simply posting an article.  He didnt say he agreed or disagreed.  

4 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Guilty until proven innocent.  BTW, did she make a rock solid declaration that McCoy was the perp?  That is, did she see actually see who struck her and ID McCoy?  Can it be proven without a shadow of a doubt beyond her saying it was him, such as security camera footage?  And a lot of people new about the jewelry, so taking it could be a cover to implicate Shady.  Evidence could be heavily circumstantial.

Well we know he didnt do it personally right?  I heard he was in a different state dont know if thats been verified though.  The issue seems to be whether he hired someone to do it.