Philadelphia Inquirer staff writer says Shady struggles with resolving conflicts civilly

I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with his conclusions, but these are some excerpts of what Marcus Hayes of the Philadelphia Inquirer reported today:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills-allegations-philadelphia-eagles-marcus-hayes-20180711.html

"[Shady] took that opportunity to remind me of something I’d written after his rookie season, in which I’d characterized him as something other than the world’s greatest young running back. As a rookie, McCoy, a second-round pick, shared the starting role with two other running backs. My characterization was accurate at the time, but I congratulated him on the progress he’d made in the year since.

He replied with a loud string of expletives. He impugned my professionalism, my acumen, and my intelligence … and then he stuck his finger in my face and told me he should kick my “[bleeping] ass.”

[...]

About a year later, in the locker room while I was waiting to interview another player, McCoy called me over to his locker. Asante Samuel, his good friend, stood next to him. There, McCoy began to deride me again for a subsequent story. I told him I had no interest in having that conversation in that space. At that point, Samuel grabbed me by the arm to hold me in place.

[...]

But these incidents, combined with others in McCoy’s past, paint the picture of, at the very least, a man who struggles to resolve conflict with civility. He has been connected with a nightclub brawlkicking a female guest off a party bus on the New Jersey Turnpike and, frivolously, tipping badly."

Edited by greenyellowred

Is it a surprise that a guy like McCoy would attempt to resolve conflict through violence?

Around here, they call it "Occam's Shaver" [sic] folks! 

If it smells like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

If it seems obvious Shady was stupid enough to pay thugs to commit crimes in furtherance of fetching personal belongings from a woman, and they committed additional crimes in so doing, he probably did it.  And assuming the appropriate people do their jobs correctly, Shady is 1) gone from the league, 2) facing tons of civil liability, and 3) maybe about to do some jail time.  

Much less likely that the victim punched herself in the face a few dozen times and faked the whole thing.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Is it a surprise that a guy like McCoy would attempt to resolve conflict through violence?

If it seems obvious Shady was stupid enough to pay thugs to commit crimes in furtherance of fetching personal belongings from a woman, and they committed additional crimes in so doing, he probably did it.  And assuming the appropriate people do their jobs correctly, Shady is 1) gone from the league, 2) facing tons of civil liability, and 3) maybe about to do some jail time.  

Much less likely that the victim punched herself in the face a few dozen times and faked the whole thing.

So are all you posts sarcastic or do you genuinely have it out for Shady?

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Guilty....*bangs gavel*....Court's adjourned. 

Guilty of what?

Guilty of being a scumbag?  Absolutely!  The pile of evidence in support of that assertion is a mile high.

Guilty of very specific crimes relating to this house break in and battery?  That we don't know.  Yet.

3 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Neither; I'm just pointing out the way it is for folks who don't seem to get it.

You don't have to believe me.  Wait a while.

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You have presented a very logical argument. The long and the short of it is a woman was pistol whipped and the timeline of trying to remove her furniture to changing out the security system to Shady saying that he hasn't had direct contact with the individuals referenced in the original post isn't enough for me to rally behind a guy just because his name is on a jersey that I own.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

I don't think he has it out for Shady, he just doesn't like women getting beaten to a bloody mess. He's not saying that Shady did it but that the girl did not punch herself in the face. 

I live in Atlanta and the news is starting to report it. The house is incredible, it would p!$$ me off if an ex was living in it but I'd go the legal route of eviction and let her keep any present I was dumb enouf to give her.

I doubt the reporter's version of events is accurate. He come's across like a Jerry Sullivan type. Shady probably didn't like what was said, and this reporter probably gave him an attitude.

2 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I don't think he has it out for Shady, he just doesn't like women getting beaten to a bloody mess. He's not saying that Shady did it but that the girl did not punch herself in the face. 

I live in Atlanta and the news is starting to report it. The house is incredible, it would p!$$ me off if an ex was living in it but I'd go the legal route of eviction and let her keep any present I was dumb enouf to give her.

Why do I get the feeling you and FadingPain are the same person? You seriously don't have multiple accounts, correct?

Wow... what’s funny about the article is how the writer was like “I’m not saying he’s guilty...but he doesn’t handle conflict well.”  So the whole part of that article was to say, “it could have happened, but I’m not saying it did.”  

Innocent until proven guilty, but you have to admit that unless this whole thing was staged to get back at McCoy, which isn’t very likely, I don’t think that McCoy will ever step on a football field again.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

20 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

What does frivolously tipping badly have to do with conflict resolution? Maybe he just bad service, or there was a fly in his soup.

Everybody from the server to the manager said that LeSean and his posse he had with him came into the restaurant and acted like disrespectful jerks, to the point that they were afraid to even go near the table after a while.  So yeah, he got bad service.  But it was of his own doing.  

As usual, I'm sure he was just a poor innocent victim of circumstance, right?  Maybe he's just a reeeeeeaally unlucky guy.  Cause he seems to get himself caught up in scandals and stupid situations an awful lot for a guy who never does anything wrong.  

• Thank you (+1) 1