Why oh why does this happen to us!

50 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Philadelphia PD may beg to differ...

I thought the outcome of that incident was that McCoy was not found guilty of assaulting an off-duty officer.  The officer supposedly was putting his bottles on McCoy's tab.

17 hours ago, BuffaloTX said:

Yeah, it's very slim but very possible. Can't exclude possibilities that happen everyday.

EDIT - Please read this in the voice of James Spader.

You said 'Women do these kind of things all the time. Plenty of women beat themselves to get something'

I am confused, do women do this all the time or is it slim but possible...but wait, it happens every day? Your first statement conflicts with your second and your second conflicts with itself. Please clarify what your stance is:

1. 'Women do these kind of things all the time. Plenty of women beat themselves to get something'

2. 'it's very slim but very possible'

3. 'can't exclude possibilities that happen everyday'

As options 1 and 3 are aligned, I suppose the better way to present it is:

1. 'Women do these kind of things all the time. Plenty of women beat themselves to get something' & 'can't exclude possibilities that happen everyday'

If you choose option 1, then cite your evidence for such a claim...that doesn't include personal anecdotes that cant possibly prove statements like 'all the time', 'plenty of women' and 'happen every day'. Your citation should support all parts of this selected option.

If you choose option 2, I think we can all agree with that statement.

If you want to choose neither, you can also simply admit that you like to throw around baseless sexist comments. Its not really that uncommon, especially here, but at least own it. And before you follow that up with something about '24/7 feminist', please realize that this is about constructive discussion, not your fear of vaginas.

----------

Oh and one last thing unrelated to this poster. The other poster who took time to state that #fakenews makes a person look retarded. You used mental retardation as a derogatory term while advising another poster of how their word choice makes them looks silly. You rarely see such a fine example of the pot/kettle.

----------

Please resume your normally scheduled programming...

Edited by Westside Madness

On 7/11/2018 at 2:13 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yeah. A woman potentially was beat by her boyfriend. If untrue, a man's reputation and career may be ruined for no good reason. But we're the real victims here!

I do include myself as a victim here. We’re not allowed to have nice things. But yes there are different levels of victimization. Obviously this young women got it worse than we did...

8 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

You said 'Women do these kind of things all the time. Plenty of women beat themselves to get something'

I am confused, do women do this all the time or is it slim but possible...but wait, it happens every day? Your first statement conflicts with your second and your second conflicts with itself. Please clarify what your stance is:

1. 'Women do these kind of things all the time. Plenty of women beat themselves to get something'

1. 'Women do these kind of things all the time. Plenty of women beat themselves to get something' & 'can't exclude possibilities that happen everyday'

If you choose option 1, then cite your evidence for such a claim...that doesn't include personal anecdotes that cant possibly prove statements like 'all the time', 'plenty of women' and 'happen every day'. Your citation should support all parts of this selected option.

If you want to choose neither, you can also simply admit that you like to throw around baseless sexist comments. Its not really that uncommon, especially here, but at least own it. And before you follow that up with something about '24/7 feminist', please realize that this is about constructive discussion, not your fear of vaginas.

----------

Oh and one last thing unrelated to this poster. The other poster who took time to state that #fakenews makes a person look retarded. You used mental retardation as a derogatory term while advising another poster of how their word choice makes them looks silly. You rarely see such a fine example of the pot/kettle.

----------

Lmao! When I say slim, I didn't mean it's a slim chance that women do this everyday. I meant that yes, it's is a slim chance she is one of the many women who do this everyday. Sorry you wasted your time on all that but thanks for the laugh on the try hard. Don't quit your day job 

unnamed.thumb.gif.21c379e4612259c8842e4e299ca4ac68.gif

On 7/11/2018 at 7:53 PM, BuffaloTX said:

Women do these kind of things all the time. Plenty of women beat themselves to get something.

Please spend more time associating with actual women outside a bar setting.   There are occasional cases where someone fakes injuries to achieve some goal, but if you wish to "puff that up" to "plenty of women beat themselves to get something", please provide links with evidence from a reputable source.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:14 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

I thought the outcome of that incident was that McCoy was not found guilty of assaulting an off-duty officer.  The officer supposedly was putting his bottles on McCoy's tab.

McCoy was never charged with anything.  After the prosecutor reviewed the evidence, charges were not filed.  The police didn't like that and went to the state to ask for charges, state review concurred.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please spend more time associating with actual women outside a bar setting.   There are occasional cases where someone fakes injuries to achieve some goal, but if you wish to "puff that up" to "plenty of women beat themselves to get something", please provide links with evidence from a reputable source.

Please spend more time with actual women in real life instead of online and then give me links with evidence to prove it. 

On 7/11/2018 at 1:05 PM, Eriwood70 said:

From Kolb slipping on a mat to firing of the our OC to what’s his name tearing an acl to suspensions, and and on! Always some major distraction right before the season!

Anybody remember others? It’s crazy,

i jnow injuries happen, but we get hit with bizarre stuff!

not worried, the process will take care of everything.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:04 AM, BuffaloTX said:

Please spend more time with actual women in real life instead of online and then give me links with evidence to prove it. 

•  

Wait a minute now. You are the one making declarations of what women do all the time; the burden of evidence is on you. Is he supposed to find proof that you claim doesn't exist? That is not how this works.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:58 PM, Westside Madness said:

----------

----------

Took all of two seconds to google woman beats herself to frame others to find a few stories about actual occurrences of it happening in the past. So you should not be so dismissive that this never occurs. If some are being caught, how many get away with it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fred Clause said:

Took all of two seconds to google woman beats herself to frame others to find a few stories about actual occurrences of it happening in the past. So you should not be so dismissive that this never occurs. If some are being caught, how many get away with it?

He's not being dismissive that it "never occurs".  Wierd **** happens all the time, so I'm sure it does on occasion. 

The issue is whether " 'Women do these kind of things all the time. Plenty of women beat themselves to get something' "

Showing a few isolated instances doesn't demonstrate "all the time...plenty of women"

Doesn't really matter.  There will be a police investigation, which will either turn up some connection to Shady or not.

All we can do is wait and see.