Make the Perfect Fast Food Meal

17 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Nobody eats fast food because its the best option. Its just the cheapest option. 

I would change cheapest to quickest/easiest. I can order a turkey sub from mom and pop place for 7/8 bucks..but I'll have to wait 20-30 minutes for it.

16 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Does Panera count as fast food?   They went all natural last year.   I don't think I've been there since lol. 

We love that place,never had anything bad there.

Edited by Misterbluesky

2 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

With all the amazing options you have for chow out there in WNY I'm surprised anyone patronizes fast food chains regularly

I'll go to a mom and pop place when the opportunity is there.  I agree in that you will pay more there versus McD's.

Perfect fast food meal has nothing to do with burgers...

1) entree..Popeyes Spicy ...white or dark okay..but perfect is 100% thighs.

2) Potatos..not fries..but mashed with Cajun Gravy at... you guessed it ...Popeyes.

End of thread

9 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Piggybacking off of the fries thread. Price, location, and nutritional value (or lack thereof) are of no consequence. Can't order from the same place more than once.

• Burger
  • Fries
  • Chicken Sandwich
  • Chicken Nuggets/Tenders
  • Desert
  • Drink

My answer

• Burger - Whataburger
  • Fries - Burger King
  • Nuggets - McNuggets
  • Desert - Wendy's Frosty
  • Drink - Cherry Limeade from Sonic

• Burger - In-N-Out
• Fries - Arby's
• Nuggets - ?
• Dessert - Steak 'n Shake Turtle Caramel Nut (milkshake, but you need a spoon making it dessert)
• Drink - Chick-fil-A Vanilla Shake

• Burger - Five Guys with bacon, grilled onions and jalapenos and onion.
  • Fries - McDonald's
  • Chicken Sandwich - McChicken
  • Chicken Nuggets/Tenders - McDonald's
  • Desert - Sahara ... but for dessert, I'll take a flurry from DQ.
  • Drink - Fountain Mug Root Beer

Don't do fast food much anymore but:

• Burger - Carl's Jr El Diablo Thickburger
• Fries - Five Guys

• Chicken Sandwich - ? Jamie Oliver cured me of fast food chicken
• Nuggets - ? Jamie Oliver cured me of fast food chicken
• Drink -Burgerville Marionberry shake

• Dessert - Cindy Crawford

21 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Perfect fast food meal has nothing to do with burgers...

1) entree..Popeyes Spicy ...white or dark okay..but perfect is 100% thighs.

2) Potatos..not fries..but mashed with Cajun Gravy at... you guessed it ...Popeyes.

End of thread

Popeyes. Oh my.......Popeyes. 

It has been decades, but we went to Popeyes. We went before a Clemson football home game. Great time, some rich guys great seats, football, exciting, blah, blah, blah. 

Then came the ride home. Food poisoning doesn’t kick in immediately, but when it does....WATCH OUT!   ?   Especially if you are anywhere in the backwoods of South Carolina, which is approximately 98% of the state.  Time is indeed relative. I don’t need Einstein to tell me that. A minute can turn into an eternity when you are in desperate need of a bathroom. Even these back roads to nowhere have a constant stream of cars when the game lets out, making even the most desperate options even more unattractive......

We were both traumatized by this event.....and I hope to sleep well tonight so I’m not going to dwell on it any further.... I think you may get the picture. 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Popeyes. Oh my.......Popeyes. 

It has been decades, but we went to Popeyes. We went before a Clemson football home game. Great time, some rich guys great seats, football, exciting, blah, blah, blah. 

Then came the ride home. Food poisoning doesn’t kick in immediately, but when it does....WATCH OUT!   ?   Especially if you are anywhere in the backwoods of South Carolina, which is approximately 98% of the state.  Time is indeed relative. I don’t need Einstein to tell me that. A minute can turn into an eternity when you are in desperate need of a bathroom. Even these back roads to nowhere have a constant stream of cars when the game lets out, making even the most desperate options even more unattractive......

We were both traumatized by this event.....and I hope to sleep well tonight so I’m not going to dwell on it any further.... I think you may get the picture. 

Brother, that ain’t the result of any Popeyes. That is your Yankee ass constitution not being able to handle good southern food! 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Brother, that ain’t the result of any Popeyes. That is your Yankee ass constitution not being able to handle good southern food! 

It happened a couple hours from my wife’s homeland, and her squirts were no prettier than mine! These were desperate times! 

I’ll save you all the full tale of my fried clam sandwich in Boston years ago. Sam Adams used to have lunch their. Ye Olde Clam Pub, or something like that.  My clams were apparently left over from the opening day at the pub. My wife was treated to “the best restaurant in Boston”, while I laid on the bathroom floor listening to UNLV play Duke for the Championship. The “full tale” contains disturbing details I will save you from. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

It happened a couple hours from my wife’s homeland, and her squirts were no prettier than mine! These were desperate times! 

I’ll save you all the full tale of my fried clam sandwich in Boston years ago. Sam Adams used to have lunch their. Ye Olde Clam Pub, or something like that.  My clams were apparently left over from the opening day at the pub. My wife was treated to “the best restaurant in Boston”, while I laid on the bathroom floor listening to UNLV play Duke for the Championship. The “full tale” contains disturbing details I will save you from. 

again...sissy boy!!!

43 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

again...sissy boy!!!

I wish I’d have  been driving your car!  I’d have driven through the carnage, just to spite you! You'd have had an unexpected insurance claim, after you torched it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• Burger - Five Guys
  • Fries - Arby’s Curly Fries
  • Nuggets - McNuggets
  • Desert - McFlurry (unless a Blizzard would count here) 
  • Drink - Gave up Soda cold turkey 8 years ago, but a Coke from McDs is somehow better than anywhere else. I think it’s the straw. 
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Despite my other bad habits, I very rarely  eat fast food and have honestly never bought a desert (for myself) from a fast food joint that I can remember. I haven't been to a lot of restaurants mentioned, but here's what I got.

Burger: Wendy's bacon deluxe 3/4 triple 

Fries: Arbys Curly 

Nuggets: McDonald's with sweet & sour sauce(I can put that on an old tire and eat it).

Desert: DQ Heath Blizzard

Drink: coke a cola classic (fountain drink)

Maybe a McRib side dish for nostalgia purposes. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

5 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Don't do fast food much anymore but:

• Burger - Carl's Jr El Diablo Thickburger
• Fries - Five Guys

• Chicken Sandwich - ? Jamie Oliver cured me of fast food chicken
• Nuggets - ? Jamie Oliver cured me of fast food chicken
• Drink -Burgerville Marionberry shake

• Dessert - Cindy Crawford

If you’re ever around one, try Raising Canes for fast food chicken. You can tell it’s actually chicken. 

• Like (+1) 1

Burger - Charlie Riedels - Charlie burger with lettuce, onions and meat/hot sauce

Fries - Red Robin

Chicken Sandwich - Used to be Country Sweet until they poisoned me, now I make those myself,  less time on the throne afterwards.

Desert - Frostee

Drink - Ginger Ale if they have it, or else a Coke or Sprite