Sign in to follow this  
N.Y. Orangeman

What is the Bills record without Shady?

What is the Bills record without Shady?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Bills record without Shady?

• 5 wins or less
    • 6 wins
    • 7 wins
    • 8 wins
    • 9 wins
    • I'm irrationally exuberant. GO BILLS!!!

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

great points.  The WR chart looks bleak.  But, I have a feeling we have a lot of high-upside guys and 1-3 of them have a great year.  

That’s exactly how I feel.  Nobody can tell me it doesn’t at least look bad.  But looking bad and turning out to be bad are two different things.

• Like 1

Shady is the offense along with being the heart and soul of this team. Without him I think we are fortunate to win 5 games. 

Hot take: our record would have been exactly the same the past 2 years without Shady. Our other running backs usually had about the same YPA as he did and statistics show rushing efficiency has practically no effect on winning a game.

If he's a gone, is he the last of Rex's guys?

• Like 1

19-0

(Tip of the hat to The Senator.)

Imagine the mood around here if we had traded a 2019 first round pick.

McCoy on this team or not on this team has little impact on the bottom line.

He's a great talent and good for your fantasy team, but he is utterly replaceable, and his presence on the field doesn't translate to wins or losses.

When he is gone, he will be replaced with another RB and the show will continue down the road.

Not sure why people don't get this.

chance to get out from under that contract on a RB that will be 31 when i believe the Bills will be in position to compete with the rest of the NFL and then 32 and so on.....

that being said I hope he had nothing to do with it

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

McCoy was going to have a down year anyways.  If today’s nfl, if you are that depended on a rb, your team isn’t that good.

but we’ll end up with 7-9 wins like we always do.

If shady is out, who is our weapon to stretch the defense? Who changes the equation and takes up an extra defender? We don’t even have 1 yet alone the 2-3 needed to succeed offensively. If (big if) shady doesn’t play a snap, it could get very ugly

I don’t expect this team to have a great record with or without Shady. I think that I had them at about 6-10 so if you subtract him it probably amounts to 5 or less imo. 

With that hat being said the focus isn’t really on this year. All that matters this year is that Allen looks the part. Shady wasn’t going to be a key figure on this team by the time they are ready to compete anyways. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t expect this team to have a great record with or without Shady. I think that I had them at about 6-10 so if you subtract him it probably amounts to 5 or less imo. 

With that hat being said the focus isn’t really on this year. All that matters this year is that Allen looks the part. Shady wasn’t going to be a key figure on this team by the time they are ready to compete anyways. 

i will try to accept that the focus isn't really on this year

but last year wasn't enough to erase the jadedness and indescribableness since 1999

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, Dopey said:

If he's a gone, is he the last of Rex's guys?

I was thinking the same exact thing.  Incognito and Tyrod now possibly Shady.  From a football standpoint I suppose it won't hurt team with everyone being engrained in the process so to speak

Honestly if suspension is inevitable, I'd prefer he gets suspended now rather than likely next season when we likely have a much improved offense. This year we'd need him to be Barry Sanders to have any relevance

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

i will try to accept that the focus isn't really on this year

but last year wasn't enough to erase the jadedness and indescribableness since 1999

Not saying that we should be content but the goal isn’t a wild card berth. It is a championship. The Bills are building towards a championship caliber defense IMO. Outside of Allen and Dawkins I’m not positive that any guy on offense will be crucial by the time that the Bills are ready to compete. The OL, and pass catchers need to be better and the RB younger. If Allen looks the part this year the record doesn’t matter at all to me. 2019 comes with 9 picks, $100M of cap space and potentially a franchise QB on a rookie deal. That’s a recipe for success.

On 7/11/2018 at 2:00 PM, HappyDays said:

Hot take: our record would have been exactly the same the past 2 years without Shady. Our other running backs usually had about the same YPA as he did and statistics show rushing efficiency has practically no effect on winning a game.

Hot take response: do you think it’s more likely that shady is no better than his backups or that defenses key in on him?