What is the Bills record without Shady?

What is the Bills record without Shady?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Bills record without Shady?

• 5 wins or less
    • 6 wins
    • 7 wins
    • 8 wins
    • 9 wins
    • I'm irrationally exuberant. GO BILLS!!!

He's the best player on the offense and usually  the best player out of all 22 on the field.. We're doomed without him, but I still feel he'll be there from week 1 on , barring injury of course. It's all heresay at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know in another thread I mentioned that I kind of viewed this season as a throw away year anyways, with the qb situation and wr depth chart.  Making the playoffs last year helps me to not even be upset about that.  So I pretty much felt that 8 wins was the max, and 4 was the floor.

So if Shady is gone, suspended, or healthy all 16 games, I don’t think it matters from a playoffs or no playoffs perspective.  Will it effect the number of wins?  Probably.  But to me, if it decreases the win total by 2, that’s going from 7 to 5 wins, or 8 to 6 wins.  So it does not impact a playoff push at all in my mind, regardless of the outcome.  

Ending the drought, to me, makes this all a little easier to handle from a Bills perspective.  If there was a year that we have to move on from our best player, this would be it.  We probably wouldn’t be a playoff team anyways.  This would have been more devastating last year, when we all (at this time in the off-season prior to Watkins and Darby trades) at least thought there was a chance of playoffs.  This year, I’m not even stressing the thought of losing Shady for the year, or for good.  

PS:  Everything I just wrote is from a purely football perspective focused on wins and losses.  In no way am I suggesting that wins and losses are more important than domestic violence.  Just simply making the point that from a Bills fan perspective, losing your best player would make the upcoming season much more difficult to accept if the drought still existed. 

23 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I know in another thread I mentioned that I kind of viewed this season as a throw away year anyways, with the qb situation and wr depth chart... BLAH BLAH BLAH..

No one knows about our wr depth. We haven’t had a qb capable of determining who’s good/who’s not.

Anyway, minus Shady, 0-2 wins unless Allen starts games.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No one knows about our wr depth. We haven’t had a qb capable of determining who’s good/who’s not.

Anyway, minus Shady, 0-2 wins unless Allen starts games.

Let’s be real for a moment.  Our WR depth chart does not look good.  You know that as much as I do.  Does that mean they can’t be good, or won’t be good?  Of course not.  I never said they can’t be good.  Of course they can.  There was a point Stevie Johnson was a 7th round pick and had 2 career TDs.  Then, in 2010, he gets 10 TDS and 1000 yards.  I assume prior to the 2010, people were concerned with the WR depth chart, and rightfully so.  That’s where I’m at this year.  It doesn’t “look” good.  But it’s the NFL, games need to get played, and we could all be in for a big surprise.  But don’t criticize people for thinking it “looks” like a position of need.  Every football “expert” feels the exact same way, so it’s not like I’m making wild assumptions.  But I admit it’s simply an assumption that the WR depth chart does not look threatening at this time.