BuffaloHogan

NFL.com Free Agent RB's

The Bills need a young RB.

How about trading a 6th or 7th rounder for Duke Johnson who is 3rd on Cleveland's depth chart right now.

Maybe a change of scenery can jumpstart Duke Johnson's career.

Low risk, high reward.

5 hours ago, mattynh said:

If Lacy could get motivated he has the ability to be an all pro

While he recovers from injuries.

4 hours ago, Mickey said:

Somewhere in the bustling exurb of Davenport Florida, Karlos Williams is pulling his stairmaster out of the attic.

What a talented loser.

I'd seriously consider Alfred Morris.  He really produced for the Redskins and they really screwed him for no seemingly good reason.  Of course, we're talking about Dan Snyder's organization.

38 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

While he recovers from injuries.

What a talented loser.

I'd seriously consider Alfred Morris.  He really produced for the Redskins and they really screwed him for no seemingly good reason.  Of course, we're talking about Dan Snyder's organization.

....his Cowgirls deal was 2 year, $3.5 mil with $1.8 mil guaranteed...as this Shady thing unfolds, Morris is NOT a bank breaker by any means....still should have something left at 29....

May I suggest forgetting about RBs, moving into the 21st century, and focusing on acquiring a good QB?

With a good QB, any RB will do.

Posted (edited)

I'm ruling out Adrian Peterson - too many miles.  Demarco Murray is a possibility as a bridge player, but he has quite a few miles himself.  I would give Orleans Darkwa serious consideration, and I might take a flier on Corey Grant.  Grant lacks some things as a runner, but is blazing fast.  He's not real big, but he's not a smurf either.

Edited by TigerJ

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

How about trading a 6th or 7th rounder for Duke Johnson who is 3rd on Cleveland's depth chart right now.

Low risk, high reward.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking but he appears to have carved out a nice niche as a pass catcher in Cleveland. My thought was similar in a young guy, with production, down the depth chart, in Tevin Coleman. He is a FA after this year. You can throw a pick their way (or maybe even a player) and give him a year as the lead guy. With all of the money that they are paying Freeman this is likely Coleman’s last year in Atl IMO. 

• Like 1

Wait until one of the 12 RBs in NE is cut and sign him. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

May I suggest forgetting about RBs, moving into the 21st century, and focusing on acquiring a good QB?

You mean like trading up to the 7th overall pick to get a guy? Don’t you think that the Bills are going to play that guy? We won’t know if he is good until he’s out there for a couple of years. They’ve already addressed QB. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

like maybe trading up into top 8 to take a QB?   We'll just have to wait and see if he is any good :).

Patriots might cut Mike Gillislee.  Might be worth a shot if he becomes available.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wait until one of the 12 RBs in NE is cut and sign him. 

i would take Gillislee back.

12 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Again with this crap?

It’s the off-season and this is a HUGE story, with potential enormous impact to the team. I think this is a very relevant thread. 

Posted (edited)

Murray or West unless TD Mike gets cut.

Edited by H2o

Oliver, Darkwa, West, M.Jones, M. Davis, Sims, and Lacy (one last chance) would all be worth a look even if Shady is exonerated of any wrongdoing.

I would be pissed of it was Tolbert. 

13 hours ago, Mickey said:

Somewhere in the bustling exurb of Davenport Florida, Karlos Williams is pulling his stairmaster out of the attic.

Brilliant...lol

Shoulda gotten Blount over Ivory. Been crusading. But one has always been really good when starting, the other is okay.. sometimes. They're both super old I want Tolbert back!

No I want to see Cadet in action more.

Andre Ellington was good before his injuries and then David Johnson took over, Orleans Darkwa was serviceable. 

On 7/11/2018 at 9:20 AM, Cornette's Commentary said:

Again with this crap?

R-E-L-A-X some of us have fun playing GM. We're not saying anything about Shady.

OP says IF and you keep blowing up on people that are just trying to talk about NFL running backs. Offseason boredom and I'm tired of talking about the Shady deal that has absolutely no legs right now. Can I have your permission to say I like Murray as a Free Agent back?

22 hours ago, njbuff said:

Low risk, high reward.

From a Fantasy Football perspective, he is much better than he gets credit for outside of Cleveland. Consider playing in that dump-stain of a franchise since turning Pro and putting up some of the numbers he has, albeit many of them in receiving yards. I think in a different Offense and behind a different line (except HOFer to be Joe Thomas), Duke is a solid middle of the pack RB and a little better as a receiver. But with Cadet, you really need that guy who can carry the rock and get you those runs who turn from two to six yards by making one cut or slipping through the tackles. 

Given Seattle's (questionable) 1st round pick in Penny, I might be more amenable to trading for Carson. 

On 7/11/2018 at 10:37 AM, mattynh said:

If Lacy could get motivated he has the ability to be an all pro

At RB or NT ?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

At RB or NT ?

...like it 'Frosty....how 'bout BOTH???...prolly should hurry before Rex 'n Rob hire 'em for Golden Corral though......just sayin'............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...like it 'Frosty....how 'bout BOTH???......

Can he break a 7 second 40 ?