NFL.com Free Agent RB's

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

If Lacy could get motivated he has the ability to be an all pro

i can't believe it's only his 5th year.  seems like he has been around forever.  

11 minutes ago, par73 said:

During the draft, I thought RB was a need for the Bills (McCoy being 30 yrs. old). I was hoping they'd pick one sometime in the middle rounds. Maybe they can get Jonathan Williams back (currently with New Orleans). Never understood that cut.

J. Williams would be nice.  

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

He's the only one on this list that could be a great addition if only he could push himself away from the table and get serious about being a quality player.

Not a great list, but Morris had some good years with the Redskins (not too productive in Dallas, though), West had some success and is still relatively young, and Murray has had some past success.  Sims was once considered to be a guy with a lot of potential in Tampa, but I don't think he ever realized that potential.

4 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Again with this crap?

What crap?  The way things are looking its a distinct possibility that mccoy will get cut.....ivory/cadet doesnt really instill huge confidence + we still have a ****ty WR corp so yes a RB will likey be needed

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills need a young RB.

How about trading a 6th or 7th rounder for Duke Johnson who is 3rd on Cleveland's depth chart right now.

Maybe a change of scenery can jumpstart Duke Johnson's career.

Low risk, high reward.

5 hours ago, mattynh said:

While he recovers from injuries.

4 hours ago, Mickey said:

Somewhere in the bustling exurb of Davenport Florida, Karlos Williams is pulling his stairmaster out of the attic.

What a talented loser.

I'd seriously consider Alfred Morris.  He really produced for the Redskins and they really screwed him for no seemingly good reason.  Of course, we're talking about Dan Snyder's organization.

38 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

While he recovers from injuries.

What a talented loser.

I'd seriously consider Alfred Morris.  He really produced for the Redskins and they really screwed him for no seemingly good reason.  Of course, we're talking about Dan Snyder's organization.

....his Cowgirls deal was 2 year, $3.5 mil with $1.8 mil guaranteed...as this Shady thing unfolds, Morris is NOT a bank breaker by any means....still should have something left at 29....

I'm ruling out Adrian Peterson - too many miles.  Demarco Murray is a possibility as a bridge player, but he has quite a few miles himself.  I would give Orleans Darkwa serious consideration, and I might take a flier on Corey Grant.  Grant lacks some things as a runner, but is blazing fast.  He's not real big, but he's not a smurf either.

Edited by TigerJ

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bills need a young RB.

How about trading a 6th or 7th rounder for Duke Johnson who is 3rd on Cleveland's depth chart right now.

Maybe a change of scenery can jumpstart Duke Johnson's career.

Low risk, high reward.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking but he appears to have carved out a nice niche as a pass catcher in Cleveland. My thought was similar in a young guy, with production, down the depth chart, in Tevin Coleman. He is a FA after this year. You can throw a pick their way (or maybe even a player) and give him a year as the lead guy. With all of the money that they are paying Freeman this is likely Coleman’s last year in Atl IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

May I suggest forgetting about RBs, moving into the 21st century, and focusing on acquiring a good QB?

With a good QB, any RB will do.

You mean like trading up to the 7th overall pick to get a guy? Don’t you think that the Bills are going to play that guy? We won’t know if he is good until he’s out there for a couple of years. They’ve already addressed QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

May I suggest forgetting about RBs, moving into the 21st century, and focusing on acquiring a good QB?

With a good QB, any RB will do.

like maybe trading up into top 8 to take a QB?   We'll just have to wait and see if he is any good :).