French Fry Mount Rushmore

Teddy KGB

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

we are so deprived/depraved of good fast food in Canada...

That may be true, but I recently vacationed in Canada and every time we had fries (albeit not fast food) they were outstanding. My wife even agreed and that's saying something.

As a kid when i would go and visit my grandma in Florida, we would have to make a trip to checkers and I would just order a **** ton of fries and devour them. My favs by far. They added a checkers here up on the 90 at a thruway stop and it just wasnt the same

I'd rather go with a steak fry as opposed to the thinner ones.  Any place where you can clearly see them slicing their own fries always climbs up my list immediately.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

That may be true, but I recently vacationed in Canada and every time we had fries (albeit not fast food) they were outstanding. My wife even agreed and that's saying something.

the only fast food entity Canada is better than the US for is our Wendy's.

Apologies to the KFC thick fry for omission 

Pretty decent as well as Zaxby’s crinkles 

Steak and Shake doesn’t do it for me.  

Red Robin garlic fries dipped in ranch are strong 

Edited by Teddy KGB

27 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

As a kid when i would go and visit my grandma in Florida, we would have to make a trip to checkers and I would just order a **** ton of fries and devour them. My favs by far. They added a checkers here up on the 90 at a thruway stop and it just wasnt the same

Checkers fries with a banana milkshake.    

• Like (+1) 1

I don't want to veer this thing off course, but truth be told, if you've got tater tots on your menu, i'm going for them every time over fries.   World of Beer has a skillet that is tater tots, beer cheese, sour cream and green onions that kills every plate of cheese fries I've ever had.   If we're talking fried potatoes in any shape/form.

Edited by Soda Popinski

I can’t believe Teds Hot Dogs fries aren’t on this list. They are incredible. The only fries that I will ever pour ketchup and vinegar on top of..... scratch that, I do that with In N Outs fries as well. Both are incredible in their own right, and very similar to one another.

if I had to pick somewhere else, McDonalds is getting the nod. When they are fresh they are really good. When they are soggy or stale, I throw them out the window for the birds to eat. 

Anyone that hat has eaten at McDs and BK can tel the difference between the fries. And anyone that says a blind taste test showed that’s BKs fries were better is flat out lying or bending the truth somehow to have the outcome skewed in their favor. 

As soneone else pointed out, 2 fries ago, BKs fries were boss. Honestly, they were about the same as McDs. 

52 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A & W too. They do have a few around here.  Which is now totally separate from the Canadian operations.

fair enough, A&W has been making a bit of a comeback push up here for the last few years.

I haven't gone to an A&W in the US, I've been to most everything else and your Wendy's burgers are not that good.