Adrian Petersen or DeMarco Murray (if Shady story has legs)

major

6 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Trade for Mark Ingram. A lot of rumors that he’s on the block right now. Might get him cheap considering he’s suspended the first 4 games.

He skipped OTAs after getting suspended for 4 games.  And he's in a contract year, the year after having a career year.  Ingram would likely demand a big contract before setting foot on the Bills' practice field.  IMO there are very few (if any) RBs worthy of big contracts, and Ingram doesn't make my short list.  Doesn't sound like a guy for Beane or McDermott, either.  

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Shady isn't going anywhere . Jesus , some whore makes a random accusation against rich and famous ballplayer , let's get a police report and investigation reports before we even mention McCoy as a suspect. No journalistic integrity in this age, it's sickening

What journalist are you responding to?

You're on a message board.

7 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

The media doesnt have to cover a random tweet/social media post that gets posted against someone famous.

If they had journalistic integrity they would research the background of the story and not say anything until they have evidence of anything happening. Instead today everyone wants to be the first to break a story so journalistic integrity is thrown out the window and you report on rumors and social media postings so that you might be the first one to report on it 

It's getting much worse today where half the "news" you read or see is from a Twitter account or social media. And reporters care more about being the first to report/break the story then being correct cause that's what matters. They cant waste time researching and looking for facts.

No journalist has reported him as a suspect. His ex gf, who is involved in an eviction dispute was at the scene of a home invasion hours after she returned from England at the house they are disputing.

No one has named him a suspect, but it is certainly news worthy. Especially with the now deleted Instagram post directed at Lesean McCoy and his NFL team. 

What you want them to do is essentially just not do their job.

Murray was pretty productive in 2016 and is only 30. Adrian Peterson's last productive season was in 2015 and he is 33. Murray despite being 30 has only been in the league 7 years and has nearly 1000 fewer carries. I think Murray stands a chance at having 1 more decent season left in the tank (Not a very good chance but a chance) while AP is just flat out cooked and a possible locker room issue. 

8 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

The media doesnt have to cover a random tweet/social media post that gets posted against someone famous.

If they had journalistic integrity they would research the background of the story and not say anything until they have evidence of anything happening. Instead today everyone wants to be the first to break a story so journalistic integrity is thrown out the window and you report on rumors and social media postings so that you might be the first one to report on it 

It's getting much worse today where half the "news" you read or see is from a Twitter account or social media. And reporters care more about being the first to report/break the story then being correct cause that's what matters. They cant waste time researching and looking for facts.

Today?

In what period of the popular press in this country was a bombshell accusation kept from the public until evidence had been presented?

Murray and throw a third/fourth round pick at Atlanta for Tevin Coleman? Appearently the guy the drafted (Ito Smith if I’m not mistaken) has a good skill set for the offense and they can’t afford to keep Coleman next year. 

I’d be happy with Murray, Coleman, and the rat tags we have.

I think what goes on in the air next season is what is most important. The threat of airing out will keep teams honest. Then at that point I'll think it sucks to not have shady. 

Running shady into a wall repeatedly because nobody respects the attack of the passing game was last seasons outcome. That needs to be fixed. 

At this point with so many question marks why not add your star RB to the list of what ifs. This is the right season because if the culture is to be serious then let anyone who isn't check out now. 

It makes me cringe to think about that passing game sometimes guys.

Edited by Lfod

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What journalist are you responding to?

You're on a message board.

Obviously. Deadspin, ESPN , etc..

All these sites that cover these things with no proof , no talking to police or investigators , no digging whatsoever, just getting a quick click out of it.. just last year it happened to another high profile RB (Zeke Elliot) that turned out to be completely innocent and wrongly accused,yet had to have a dark cloud over him ,created by these outlets

Edited by JerseyBills

16 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Shady isn't going anywhere . Jesus , some whore makes a random accusation against rich and famous ballplayer , let's get a police report and investigation reports before we even mention McCoy as a suspect. No journalistic integrity in this age, it's sickening

Your decision that this woman is a "whore" is rather ironic considering the subject matter of your post. You presumably have done detailed investigation to ascertain that this woman is a whore have you?

18 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You missed the memo.  Buffalo is still stuck in the 1950s and it snows every game.  It’s time to bring back the wing t and wishbone.  Modern Bills football.

Honestly, I would rather go young and cheap.  Murray or Peterson aren’t going to produce close to what they would want plus it’s a shaky offense to begin with.

I agree with young and cheap...fresh legs would be a better bet in this league. Running backs have a short shelf life and teams tend to pay for past performance.

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Murray and throw a third/fourth round pick at Atlanta for Tevin Coleman? Appearently the guy the drafted (Ito Smith if I’m not mistaken) has a good skill set for the offense and they can’t afford to keep Coleman next year. 

I’d be happy with Murray, Coleman, and the rat tags we have.

Well the guy in Atlanta does have the support of OJ Simpson murder trial judge Ito

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Today?

In what period of the popular press in this country was a bombshell accusation kept from the public until evidence had been presented?

Before the internet, social media, and 24hr news, "journalists" actually did some research when they heard rumors of an incident or story before taking it public to see if it had legs. Today, a tweet is posted online and immediately it's being retweeted and put on news websites before anyone has had a chance to look into any claims cause they want to be the first to break the story.

Yesterday morning I received a message on my phone from one of the sports networks about this tweet without any real info in it except that McCoy was being accused of assaulting a woman, his child, a dog, and took PEDs. It wasnt until later that its found out it wasnt him personally, and it was during a break in/home invasion.