Carbonated Beverages

Carbonated Beverages  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use as a blanket term for sweetened carbonated beverages?

2. 2. Where did you grow up?

4 hours ago, The Jerk said:

The way my Southern co-workers in the service explained it, I guess you order a Coke.

Then they ask what kind of Coke. And then you specify weather its something different than a Coke :lol:

Waitress: "What'll ya have hun?"

Customer: "Coke"

Waitress: "What kinda coke?"

Customer: "Sprite"

As a Western New Yorker that is just weird as all hell to me :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/10/2018 at 12:31 PM, Soda Popinski said:

anything that has sugar and is fizzy is soda to me.   

But when we drink seltzer water, it's seltzer water.   Or sometimes Soda water.    

I thought it was soda popinski ;)

On 7/10/2018 at 8:38 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Oh... It's interactive down to the county level... Click away..

Coke has been arounf since 1882???

My little Sister worked @ Mayo in Rochester, MN years ago... She had a co-worker from Georgia. My Sister was going to a vending machine and asked said co-worker if she wanted a drink.  Co-worker said: "Yes, a Coke."  My sister brought her a Coke back.  The co-worker was like... "I wanted an Orange Crush!"

WTF!!!

that's her fault "coke" (which is just stupid) doesn't specify what kind you want.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

On 7/10/2018 at 9:15 PM, BUFFALOKIE said:

Tuck Fexas. I had to choose it because Okies do not identify as southerners nor midwesterners. So, north Texas is close as reality.

If not midwest then what?   Can't think of anything more midwest than Oklahoma.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:26 PM, Mr Info said:

I grew up in WNY and called it pop. First trip in college to visit friends in Manhattan and I used the term ‘pop’ for a carbonated beverage and all looked at me like I had fallen off the turnip truck. Have never used pop since to refer to a soda.

C4DB0AAD-648D-41AF-997B-5EF1EA3B0296.png

So do you say , I want a mountain dew coke ??y

Nothing.

I call it by their name.

I rarely drink them but when I do I will call it by it's name..Coke..Dr Pepper,Sprite,7 up..etc. 

Also I am a native Texan and still live in the state 

Edited by CowgirlsFan
Spelling

On 7/13/2018 at 12:25 PM, Golden Goat said:

Missouri: They generally call it "soda" in St. Louis, but "pop" in Kansas City. I always found that strange.

Same in New York state and Pennsylvania

NYC & Philly call it soda.  Buffalo & Pittsburgh call it pop

On 7/13/2018 at 12:04 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So, what if you want a Sprite, but you ask for a coke...and the server gives you a coke?  I can imagine the conversation...

Patron:  Yeah, I’ll have a large Coke.  

- Waitress brings a large coke.

Patron:  Excuse me miss, but I ordered a coke and you brought me a coke!  ‘Murica!!

I still have no idea how the smurfs ever had any clue what they were saying to each other.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/10/2018 at 7:56 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Growing up it was pop. Now that I live away it's soda, or just the name of whatever...Coke, Pepsi, Moxie, etc.

this is where i'm at with it.  i always called it pop until i went to school in boston.  people were thrown my the term, and i just started using soda so i didn't have to deal with the confusion.   they can be bent out of shape by the term pop, but those m!@#$s call sprinkles on icecream, "jimmies".  what kind of psycho does that.  they also call water fountains, (the kind you drink out of) bubblers.  don't bust my balls.

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I grew up in Minnesota and I called it pop back then.  Here in Atlanta, everything is Coke.

I generally call drinks by their name: Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Cherry Coke, Root Beer etc...

I don't think Root Beer belongs on this list.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Root Beer is known more as "root beer" than it's specific product name.

I never hear someone say "Yeah, give me an A&W" like they do with a Coke or Pepsi.  They just say root beer.

I agree.  But it still doesn't belong on your list.