LeSean McCoy allegations

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I honestly don’t think there are any fine points. Seems like an option the commissioner has (but the team does not) and no criteria around when it is used 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2014/09/17/what-is-the-exempt-commissioners-list-and-why-is-adrian-peterson-on-it/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d483a98d234b

this link has pertinent info and answers your query at the end.  quoted here.     

Here’s what the NFL Player Personnel Policy Manual says:

The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player’s time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List.

11 minutes ago, muppy said:

What is the criteria to determine when Goodell uses it? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

I dunno, if nothing changes by the week of training camp, i.e. no suspect caught, I'm thinking he's placed on the exempt list.  Just a hunch but I hope I'm wrong.

That is the exact opposite of what should happen.  If nothing is known, nothing will be done, and then the NFL will start its own investigation and determine when, if at all, Shady needs to be placed on that list.

They can't put Shady on any list because there is no evidence he did anything (at present).  Why is this so hard to understand?  If the NFL started suspending people for every allegation, there would be almost no one left to play games. 

These are the kinds of issues that make me think with the next CBA there will be a stoppage of play / strike. The lack of revenue sharing and these nebulous disciplinary proceedings with virtually few checks and balances for the Commissioner says that it will take a virtual overhaul of the financial system and the conduct policy to make continued NFL play viable. 

56 minutes ago, eball said:

That is the exact opposite of what should happen.  If nothing is known, nothing will be done, and then the NFL will start its own investigation and determine when, if at all, Shady needs to be placed on that list.

Of course it is, Ball, but with Goodell, who the hell knows.

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I dunno, if nothing changes by the week of training camp, i.e. no suspect caught, I'm thinking he's placed on the exempt list.  Just a hunch but I hope I'm wrong.

Because  he owned a house in which an ex who got robbed/assaulted lived, and someone instagrammed he was responsible?

The NFLPA and the owners would pitch a cow at Goodell if he tried that absent other evidence or charges.  It's a precedent they would NOT want set.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Because  he owned a house in which an ex who got robbed/assaulted lived, and someone instagrammed he was responsible?

The NFLPA and the owners would pitch a cow at Goodell if he tried that absent other evidence or charges.  It's a precedent they would NOT want set.

Right - we would have every nfl ex- WAG  trying to get back at their man on the Gram to ruin his career. 

On 7/10/2018 at 10:24 AM, Mark Vader said:

I agree, that post is filled with so much stuff that sounds way over the top for it never to have been reported or leaked in any way.

I agree.  For a guy to beat a female up THAT severely,  I'd bet my house that this type of thing has happened before in some way shape or form.  Being a Bills fan I'm sure my opinion is somewhat biased, but I don't get the "Horrific Woman Beater Vibe" from Shady.  I pray he didn't do that to her, but if it comes out that he did actually do that to her, I'm all for both the NFL AND the law throwing down the gauntlet on him.  Any man that could do that to a female deserves to have his ass thrown into the Falls, er, excuse me, jail.  

As a 9 year old kid, I had to watch my mother get beaten on, and do nothing...it took a concussion,  three broken ribs and a fractured skull before she had the strength to take me and my little sister and finally leave.  I have a special disdain and hatred for men who beat on women.  

Again, my first instinct is that Lesean is the victim of a money-hungry, vindictive female.  Here's to hoping that's the case, and not that our starting RB did this...

• Like (+1) 3