LeSean McCoy allegations

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, they may be.  Depends on what the DA wants to do, and what the grand jury decides.

Any decent DA would take those charges to a grand jury.  And a grand jury might very well indict and let a trial jury decide.  Given the hypothetical you stated, of course.  

There's a saying "if they want the case, a good DA can persuade a grand jury to indict a Ham Sandwich".     But not too many Grand Jury indictments take place when the DA doesn't want the case - which doesn't necessarily mean the DA doesn't think it happened. 

DAs like to have winning records.  They don't want to move forward with prosecuting a case if they don't think the evidence is there to persuade a jury.

1 minute ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Pretty sure there are court papers asking her to leave, and I'm pretty sure the MULTIPLE previous evictions indicates that, yes, she is in fact, a squatter...

It's all PR spin by counsel to create public sentiment in her client's favor.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On 7/10/2018 at 8:33 AM, uticaclub said:

That was a bar fight, it was 2 guys that happened to be off duty officers.

I have had issues myself with off duty cops who got drunk and started crap. Cops seem to think because they are cops they can get drunk and be jerks to people and cause problems. Sometimes you need to put them in their place with a good ass kicking. Being a cop doesn't give them a right to get drunk and start **** and it should give them the right to break laws. I don't care what someone does for a living, if you're gonna be a jerk and start something you're gonna get cracked in the head.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be mistaken as I'm not an attorney, but I think that's where the "defamation per se" or statements "presumed to be defamatory" part comes in.

If you assert that someone is involved in criminal activity, domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault of a minor, professional negligence, etc the "have to prove knowingly made false claims" bit doesn't apply.    It's presumed to be defamatory, and the plaintiff has to provide proof that it's true.

https://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/what-is-defamation-per-se-.html

I mean, it kind of makes sense - if I say you're involved in those things, that's considered so harmful to your reputation that "oh, hey, I didn't know it was a false statement, I really didn't mean anything" should not be accepted as an excuse.  There better be some evidence to justify your statements.

No one is arguing that.  Not me at least.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's all PR spin by counsel to create public sentiment in her client's favor.

You're 100% right.  It's sad none the less, that ESPN just parrots what her counsel is saying as if it's fact.  There's almost no journalistic integrity today.

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

Who said anything about stolen jewelry until now?  I don't ever recall the word "stolen" in any of the reports nor something that McCoy himself uttered.

I believe the statement should have referred to the jewelry stolen from the victim. 

13 minutes ago, Yav said:

I have had issues myself with off duty cops who got drunk and started crap. Cops seem to think because they are cops they can get drunk and be jerks to people and cause problems. Sometimes you need to put them in their place with a good ass kicking. Being a cop doesn't give them a right to get drunk and start **** and it should give them the right to break laws. I don't care what someone does for a living, if you're gonna be a jerk and start something you're gonna get cracked in the head.

No doubt police officers sometimes get out of line.

The solution, though, it not a good ass kicking.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Pretty sure there are court papers asking her to leave, and I'm pretty sure the MULTIPLE previous evictions indicates that, yes, she is in fact, a squatter...

Not to mention she was in Europe and Dubai for pretty much of all June.  Looks like she tried real hard to find a house.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Maybe she was looking for a place across the Pond. I hear the Jags play there often and they have NFL players.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

No doubt police officers sometimes get out of line.

The solution, though, it not a good ass kicking.  

I was reading the quote in your post and was about to go up and say the same thing hahaha

The solution to most things is a good ass kicking

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks