LeSean McCoy allegations

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Full back pedal mode in effect!

Yeah, neither "said directly."  The scum-sucking attorney just wrote a letter that suggested as strongly as possible that he was involved.  To the point of stressing he wanted the jewelry back, he "suggested she could be robbed," he was suing her and trying to have her evicted, he tried to steal her stuff a month before...

DhyDF2QWAAIqNd_.jpg:large

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is her Attorney.

http://www.tmgesq.com/index-1.html

I found this on that page

For several years, Attorney Tanya Mitchell Graham has been referred to as a "Pitbull in a Skirt" by many of her litigation clients. Finally, in April, 2011, Attorney Graham filed a formal application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office to trademark PITBULL IN A SKIRT for International Class 045 for attorney services. Attorney Graham holds the official trademark for PITBULL IN A SKIRT\, SERIAL NUMBER: 85303062.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

I found this on that page

For several years, Attorney Tanya Mitchell Graham has been referred to as a "Pitbull in a Skirt" by many of her litigation clients. Finally, in April, 2011, Attorney Graham filed a formal application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office to trademark PITBULL IN A SKIRT for International Class 045 for attorney services. Attorney Graham holds the official trademark for PITBULL IN A SKIRT\, SERIAL NUMBER: 85303062.

Damn....I was going to give my wife the title "Pitbull in a skirt" but I guess it's illegal.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I think this deserved its own post.  Mods disagreed.

Mods rightfully disagreed.  Stop thinking, as you don't seem to be very good at it. 

Note that I'm not "directly stating" you're not good at it.  I may be strongly suggesting it, based on your posting history.  But I'm not stating it.  [/Cordon's Attorney]

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, neither "said directly."  The scum-sucking attorney just wrote a letter that suggested as strongly as possible that he was involved.  To the point of stressing he wanted the jewelry back, he "suggested she could be robbed," he was suing her and trying to have her evicted, he tried to steal her stuff a month before...

LeShawn ????

Her hot headed best-friend maybe needed to think before she clicked send on that Instagram picture and post.  Go to the police and attorneys...or the league,  but don't post pictures and vilify someone until it gets sorted out.  The social media aspect to this case is the world today.  

8 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I think this deserved its own post.  Mods disagreed.

Breaking news from CBS Cordon in full retreat.  Could still involve Shady, but looking good for him.  Note, she says "no longer sure" - meaning she was and changed her mind.  Why?  What changed?  I never thought Shady did it, could still be wrong, but I am betting on McCoy.

Cordon's attorney Tanya Mitchell Graham told CBS News the jewelry were birthday presents from McCoy. Graham also said her client is no longer certain the NFL star was involved in the attack.

The new information from Cordon's lawyer comes one after Graham told Mike Petchenik that her client has never accused McCoy of domestic violence.

The news comes one day after Milton, Georgia police released incident reports from three separate calls to McCoy's residence dating from July 2017. Despite being called to the residence three times, Cordon and McCoy never accused one another of domestic violence.

All this really tells me is that her lawyer told her to stop implicating LeSean, or she can be sued for doing so without proof.  

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is her Attorney.

http://www.tmgesq.com/index-1.html

Yeah, I looked her up the other day.  She's an entertainment lawyer who fell backwards into "domestic law" representing Ludacris in a custody case.

She seems like a good entertainment lawyer, by reputation.  But little experience with criminal law, and less with domestic violence than I have.  I'd bet she's involved just because Cordon's first impulse was "call a lawyer," and Graham is her business attorney, so she was the first one Cordon called, and it didn't occur to Graham that, in a criminal case representing a victim, you don't preempt the DA and start releasing press releases on the victim's behalf.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Damn....I was going to give my wife the title "Pitbull in a skirt" but I guess it's illegal.

You've just got to vary it enough to not violate any trademarks.  Like, maybe, "Doberman in a petticoat."

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He would have to prove she knowing made false claims against him or his reputation.

I could be mistaken as I'm not an attorney, but I think that's where the "defamation per se" or statements "presumed to be defamatory" part comes in.

If you assert that someone is involved in criminal activity, domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault of a minor, professional negligence, etc the "have to prove knowingly made false claims" bit doesn't apply.    It's presumed to be defamatory, and the plaintiff has to provide proof that it's true.

https://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/what-is-defamation-per-se-.html

I mean, it kind of makes sense - if I say you're involved in those things, that's considered so harmful to your reputation that "oh, hey, I didn't know it was a false statement, I really didn't mean anything" should not be accepted as an excuse.  There better be some evidence to justify your statements.

Just now, DC Tom said:

Yeah, I looked her up the other day.  She's an entertainment lawyer who fell backwards into "domestic law" representing Ludacris in a custody case.

She seems like a good entertainment lawyer, by reputation.  But little experience with criminal law, and less with domestic violence than I have.  I'd bet she's involved just because Cordon's first impulse was "call a lawyer," and Graham is her business attorney, so she was the first one Cordon called, and it didn't occur to Graham that, in a criminal case representing a victim, you don't preempt the DA and start releasing press releases on the victim's behalf.

I wonder how much money was a factor in this.  I'm sure Shady's Lawyer has a six figure retainer fee....as top criminal defense attorneys have.

She might have been able to afford an Entertainment/Watered Down Criminal attorney.  You think that factored into it?

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Mods rightfully disagreed.  Stop thinking, as you don't seem to be very good at it. 

Note that I'm not "directly stating" you're not good at it.  I may be strongly suggesting it, based on your posting history.  But I'm not stating it.  [/Cordon's Attorney]

What a snotty post.  I may not be good at thinking, but you don't seem very good at respecting people.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder how much money was a factor in this.  I'm sure Shady's Lawyer has a six figure retainer fee....as top criminal defense attorneys have.

She might have been able to afford an Entertainment/Watered Down Criminal attorney.  You think that factored into it?

No, I think as an "instagram model" she already had this woman as her attorney, and in the confusion of the moment, thinking "I need a lawyer," she probably called the lawyer she knew.  Most people would do the same thing.

Most attorneys I know, though, after the initial crisis was over, would say "I'm not the type of attorney you need, but I can refer you to one."

It's really just yet one more little weird factoid in this case that's chock-full of them.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

No, I think as an "instagram model" she already had this woman as her attorney, and in the confusion of the moment, thinking "I need a lawyer," she probably called the lawyer she knew.  Most people would do the same thing.

Most attorneys I know, though, after the initial crisis was over, would say "I'm not the type of attorney you need, but I can refer you to one."

It's really just yet one more little weird factoid in this case that's chock-full of them.

What's your gut feeling how this plays out?

1 minute ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

... Duh...

It always amuses the hell out of me, when people tell say something like that to me as though it's some great, wonderful discovery that only they are privy to.  :lol:

I look forward to the day that someone replies "I'm sure you know you're an !@#$, I'm just going to say it again for reinforcement: you're an !@#$."  But it'll never happen, since anyone smart enough to do that wouldn't be observed by me to be an idiot to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1