LeSean McCoy allegations

55 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That's technically Libel, and horrible reporting. Good hustle.

Pretty sure row was being facetious. I hope (whoever uses words "the shield" seriously is a tool). But he's right.. facts aren't required, since Ray Rice, you don't need facts, just simple publicity on domestic violence ruins the INTEGRITY OF THE SHIELD.

Zeke is a classic example, and I could see Shady getting 6 games the year after next, unless he's proven to have absolutely no involvement. A tall order to prove total innocence, rather than a proving not guilty.

Based on what? He clearly was not at the scene of the crime.  If they cannot link him to the assailant, there's simply no reason or grounds to suspend him for anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Based on what? He clearly was not at the scene of the crime.  If they cannot link him to the assailant, there's simply no reason or grounds to suspend him for anything. 

based on Zeke, it's literally the part of the sentence you didn't bold.

Do they have confirmation of that? I wasn't sure.

But if he asked a friend to enter, and knew that he might get rough, I can see a crime and the league might just push through and give a suspension anyway.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

based on Zeke, it's literally the part of the sentence you didn't bold.

Different scenario that doesn't apply to McCoy's case.

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Do they have confirmation of that? I wasn't sure.

But if he asked a friend to enter, and knew that he might get rough, I can see a crime and the league might just push through and give a suspension anyway.

He was in Miami and that's where the link would have to be shown. Absent that, there's no reason to suspend him.  If there is, his career is over. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Goodell doesn't quite have a penchant for comparing scenarios and establishing and following precedence. But I hope you're right.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was in Miami and that's where the link would have to be shown. Absent that, there's no reason to suspend him.  If there is, his career is over. 

Which could easily be done by subpoenaing his phone and bank records for any sort of arrangement and payment toward whoever actually committed the act.

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Which could easily be done by subpoenaing his phone and bank records for any sort of arrangement and payment toward whoever actually committed the act.

That's pretty wild speculation there but of course that would be traceable. 

10 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

By now, I would have to think that forensics has gone through the house looking for prints and any other type of physical evidence.  But, it could take weeks to analyze everything that they've found.

You are right in that it could be a while. DNA testing is not quick. Fingerprints on the other hand are quick and that can be done in a matter of days or even hours depending on the resources available. If the person in question acts as McCoys landlord for the house, his fingerprints would not be out of place there. I am not sure if fingerprints degrade over time or not. I used to watch The First 48 and sometimes they knew who did the crime, they just couldnt tie them to it. 

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Unless there is a stupidly obvious text in Shady's records, they'll have to catch the perp first. Which is almost impossible and rarely happens on these home invasions around here. Heck, even when there is video footage they don't catch the guys unless they get cocky and commit a string of like 10-15 in a row. If this was one-and-done they will probably never find him.

3 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If he used his own cell to make some arrangement with a perp, hes the biggest idiot alive

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's pretty wild speculation there but of course that would be traceable. 

Sorry if my post wasn't clear, I was just saying that if the victim's attorney believes McCoy ordered this, they could just look at his phone and bank records leading up to the day it happened for any evidence where he talked to someone about possible ways to get his stuff back without her knowing.

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

You are right in that it could be a while. DNA testing is not quick. Fingerprints on the other hand are quick and that can be done in a matter of days or even hours depending on the resources available. If the person in question acts as McCoys landlord for the house, his fingerprints would not be out of place there. I am not sure if fingerprints degrade over time or not. I used to watch The First 48 and sometimes they knew who did the crime, they just couldnt tie them to it. 

That person (if they exist) would be recognizable to the victim(s) and would have been easily identified by now. 

5 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I may be wrong but dont the police first have to evidence that McCoy is involved before being able to do that? I dont believe they can get a subpoena or a warrant based on a theory. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yep.  The reason Elliott was suspended was because the girl's allegation that he was the one who physically abused her.   

I can't see how Shady could be suspended if the league can't physically link him to the assault in his home.   He'd sue them for defamation and probably have a strong case.  And that's NOT a road the owners would want to go down, either from a PR standpoint or monetarily...

6 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I may be wrong but dont the police first have to evidence that McCoy is involved before being able to do that? I dont believe they can get a subpoena or a warrant based on a theory. 

Yep.  It's called probable cause.   A judge would have to sign off on that request.

Now, if Shady refused to turn over his phone when asked by the league (like Brady did), then he's cooked based on the conduct clause...

15 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Just look at his Venmo  - if you see something like "? ?? ?", we're in trouble!

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

God damn the producers of Law and Order and Cold Case for turning every mouth breather with a TV into a legal expert with a focus on violent crime investigation.