LeSean McCoy allegations

24 minutes ago, wppete said:

Is this the longest thread on the board?????

It's the perfect storm of off-season boredom, our best player involved in allegations, sprinkled in with some misogyny, race baiting, and character bashing. We're going to break the TBD record boys

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dubs said:

Seeing that you are citing some data sources, what source are you using to cite that people who consume “conservative” media believe that false accusations account for 50% of all accusations.  Would be great to know!

Its a pretty extensive body of research and not hard to find if you want to look. 

3 hours ago, dubs said:

Seeing that you are citing some data sources, what source are you using to cite that people who consume “conservative” media believe that false accusations account for 50% of all accusations.  Would be great to know!

But I can add that there is specific work on sports fans and their reactions to incidents like this. I'm not going to bother pulling it and posting it. I've done the same thing before on this board and its honey for trolls who like to take things out of context. Do the reading yourself if your interested, there's lots of work on why assuming victims of violence did it thenselves is a ****ty asumption made by people who consume ****ty information, and how those views can prevent victims in a variety of domestic violence cases from coming forward.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

“I’m not a snowflake”. 

Proceeds to write a triggered novel. 

The accused have rights as well, or am I misinterpreting that whole “innocent until proven guilty” thing?   

All we have (so far) is a he said/she said event in which one side has released a mature statement on the matter and the other has had social media rants making wild accusations with zero evidence and a sketchy backstory.   Until that changes, most people here are probably going to give Shady the benefit of the doubt. 

Yeah cause alot of negative chatter is coming  from fans who care more about football than victims, and there making each other feel smart, when they are not smart.

Edited by MURPHD6

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Its weird to me that some of you are so incredibly eager to discount anyone against shady or point at a random robbery because it involves a woman and jewelry in the same state..... but someone getting a percentage of his income that doesn’t want his career to end is a source not to be questioned. 

Anything coming out today on either side is generally soap opera and short of video leaking will do little for us better understanding what happened 

A woman who won’t leave someone else’s house without a court order doesn’t have much credibility imo. Does the baby mama have any credibility issues that we know of ? McCoy probably has plenty of money and he’s toward the end of an RBs career anyway, whether she likes it or not. 

55 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Does nobody feel bad she got the crap beat out of her by somebody?? It's brutal. Might not be Shady but damn the character bashing here is so depersonalized.

I'm sorry she's blaming our favorite Bill.. are we not sad she is clearly a victim here?

Nope alot of them are more worried about losing a 30 year old injury plagued running back that is overpaid. They think she might have staged the whole thing and he will be cleared and fine. Stay tuned for an update on how this might impact your fantasy league.

Edited by MURPHD6

59 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Does nobody feel bad she got the crap beat out of her by somebody?? It's brutal. Might not be Shady but damn the character bashing here is so depersonalized.

I'm sorry she's blaming our favorite Bill.. are we not sad she is clearly a victim here?

Nope, not sad at all. If it didn’t involve McCoy not many of us would be interested or even know about it. I do know she is refusing to leave a house that she doesn’t own. I can only imagine what else she finds to be acceptable behavior in her life. Her claimed “ victim” status doesn’t move my sympathy meter much. Guess I’m a terrible person. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nope, not sad at all. If it didn’t involve McCoy not many of us would be interested or even know about it. I do know she is refusing to leave a house that she doesn’t own. I can only imagine what else she finds to be acceptable behavior in her life. Her claimed “ victim” status doesn’t move my sympathy meter much. Guess I’m a terrible person. 

BINGO!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

17 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Nope alot of them are more worried about losing a 30 year old injury plagued running back that is overpaid. They think she might have staged the whole thing and he will be cleared and fine. Stay tuned for an update on how this might impact your fantasy league.

Are there many fans who would fret about not having McCoy this season? Really? I mean , the Bills might go 6-10 this year with McCoy starting every game. So maybe 4-12 without him? It doesn’t matter all that much. 

20 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Are there many fans who would fret about not having McCoy this season? Really? I mean , the Bills might go 6-10 this year with McCoy starting every game. So maybe 4-12 without him? It doesn’t matter all that much. 

It does not, I agree. They are rebuilding. This would probably have been his last year anyway, and he's missed games every season, plus the oline is new and if they keep Benjamin and he gets paid, he would likely be out anyway. Its not that hard to find a replacement next year, and given his prior history, and the fact that he already hired a lawyer that is communicating with the police, its hard to picture a future where he steps on the field again.

I don't think he will. Lots of folk think that I'm irrational for saying that, BTW.

Edited by MURPHD6

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Is this the longest thread on the board?????

119 friggin pages in less than 2 days!!!

Gotta be a record, or close to it :blink:

32 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, losing McCoy would hurt since I think we'll get 10+ wins this year and make the playoffs again.

No, I'm not high or drunk or delusional :flirt:

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes!  I think we have 50/50 chance of earning a wild card spot with him.  Without him it drops drastically in my opinion.  Making the playoffs was really fun.  The week leading up to the Jags game was great.  I would like to experience that again. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

It does not, I agree. They are rebuilding. This would probably have been his last year anyway, and he's missed games every season, plus the oline is new and if they keep Benjamin and he gets paid, he would likely be out anyway. Its not that hard to find a replacement next year, and given his prior history, and the fact that he already hired a lawyer that is communicating with the police, its hard to picture a future where he steps on the field again.

I don't think he will. Lots of folk think that I'm irrational for saying that, BTW.

So because he hired a lawyer he is guilty and wont play again? Does sound a little irrational

Way too many assumptions going on here.

Some people are already assuming Shady did it.  Some are already assuming he was framed.  Some people assuming that if you consider the idea she either set this up herself or took an unrelated attack and lied to blame Shady at least plausible that you are a horrible human being for even considering such a possibility.  Some people are assuming that if you suggest there might be a possibility McCoy was set up that, by default, you are blaming the victim and are a horrible human being.  And far too many people assuming others have already made up their minds, even if they specifically say they want to wait for some real evidence to appear before deciding one way or the other.

That this woman was beaten is absolutely horrible, regardless of who did it.  At the same time, that beating in no way sways my opinion on whether or not McCoy was involved...an opinion that has, and continues to remain "There is nowhere near enough (if any) evidence to determine whether or not McCoy was involved and I refuse to declare him innocent or guilty until we have enough evidence to determine that."  I refuse to join a lynch mob based solely on hear-say and speculation.  If that makes me an uncaring monster, so be it.  It is plausible that Shady did it.  It is plausible someone did it on his behalf unbidden, it is plausible the attack was completely unrelated and she's lying to frame McCoy.  And the least likely, yet still slightly plausible possibility is she did this to herself, or had someone do it to her...so she could frame McCoy.  Four completely plausible possibilities and as of yet, no way to discredit any of them.  So, wild as this sounds, why don't we just let the police do their job and come to conclusions based on fact and evidence, rather then bias and conjecture?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

So because he hired a lawyer he is guilty and wont play again? Does sound a little irrational

Never once said he was guilty. Your deliberately twisting my words around to try to make a point and your not doing a good job of it.

He is an expensive  rb with an injury history and a sketchy past who just turned 30, or the age when most backs decline, and he's a 9 mil cap hit.

Edited by MURPHD6

9 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Never once said he was guilty. Your deliberately twisting my words around to try to make a point.

You keep talking down to people but you have mixed up "you're" and "your" too many times to be taken seriously, especially when implying large swaths of the population are stupid.

I don't know what happened during this attack but at least I know that you're not properly articulating your point.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I don't!

If you read a little more into her background,you're find she's created a few Victims of her own.Karma can be a Batch!

When someone says,"Get off my property"it's time to get off their property!

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I do feel bad for her beating but when you refuse to leave your just looking to take advantage of someone, she basically wants to be a sugar baby but isn't smart enough to move on.