Memory Lane Trip2 Every Bills TD by James Lofton

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

How was he available late in ‘89? 

IMO, he solidified his Gold Jacket playing along side Andre 

Not so sure about that.  His best years really were behind him, save for 1991.

In the late 90s I lived across from a golf course that hosted a celeb tourn for the Jimmy V Foundation.  Late in the day I noticed that James Lofton was in a group, and decided (inexplicably) to run home and get a camera to get a picture with him.  The temp was over 90 degrees, and I soon realized the distance was much longer from that hole than I estimated.  By the time I made it back I was soaked in sweat and could barely breathe.   As I approached Lofton I'll never forget the alarmed look on his face as this crazy sweaty person with heaving breathing approached him.  It got even worse when I tried to blurt out some incomprehensible ImabillsfanIusedtowatchyouatrichstadiumthoseweresomegreatdaysGoBills blather.  He was very nice though and took the picture - to this day I'm not sure if he thought I was a slow adult.

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, stevewin said:

In the late 90s I lived across from a golf course that hosted a celeb tourn for the Jimmy V Foundation.  Late in the day I noticed that James Lofton was in a group, and decided (inexplicably) to run home and get a camera to get a picture with him.  The temp was over 90 degrees, and I soon realized the distance was much longer from that hole than I estimated.  By the time I made it back I was soaked in sweat and could barely breathe.   As I approached Lofton I'll never forget the alarmed look on his face as this crazy sweaty person with heaving breathing approached him.  It got even worse when I tried to blurt out some incomprehensible ImabillsfanIusedtowatchyouatrichstadiumthoseweresomegreatdaysGoBills blather.  He was very nice though and took the picture - to this day I'm not sure if he thought I was a slow adult.

We have the same doubts, but it’s all good! 

?

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, stevewin said:

LOL very cool when I read about athletes taking a few minutes to make a young fan’s day.

No doubt his best years were with the Packers. He then had one season with the Raiders, who then chose not to keep him.

Some thought he was finished.

Then the Bills picked him up and he gave us some exciting seasons.

Amazing how good of a deep threat he still was.

I was so spoiled as a kid getting to see these great teams from 1988- 1995. My girlfriend wondered why I shed tears when Cincinnati scored that miraculous touchdown to get us in the playoffs. As a child I took these great teams for granted. A lot of **** teams took the field in Buffalo for many years following 

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not so sure about that.  His best years really were behind him, save for 1991.

Yeah, it’s debatable. But, Personally, I don’t think he makes it to Canton off just his Green Bay years. I recall he got in some trouble there and I think they sent him ‘Packing’. His career definitely got a second wind with the Bills!