What Is The Worst Bills Game You've Attended

Some of the worst games I went to were when Hank Bullough was head coach.

They were also some of the most fun ones. By the 4th quarter no one was there, we'd be 1st row behind the visitors bench harassing the opponents. 

With no security, we'd be within feet of the players who'd come right up to the wall......ah, the good old days.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, blitzboy54 said:

Worst game I actually attended was NY Giants in 2007 at the Ralph. It started as a driving rain and ended in snow. We they had 3 running backs go over 100 yards on us. it was humiliating and so god awful wet and cold. 

The giants used that game to spring board the rest of their season and ended up in the SB. 

I remember people standing in 6 inches of water while it snowed. It was vicious weather and a humiliating loss. 

I was going to nominate this one as well.  Christmas Eve Eve.  As we drove to the stadium from Rochester it was a beautiful day.  I brought all kinds of cold weather gear because it was predicted.  I remember waiting outside to get in taking to some giants fans who said if Eli's last name was Schwartz he'd be working at McDonalds.

Game started great as we jumped out to an early lead.  the Beast and Trent were on fire.

Then, old man winter arrived.  It rained really hard for about a half hour. Rain was soaking through my ski pants.  then it got colder and colder (as did the Bills play).  We left as the sleet started.  It later turned to snow.

Earth Wind and Fire seemed unaffected as they ran all over us.

• Like (+1) 1

1977, The Washington Redskins beat the Bills 10 - 0; it was cold, small crowd, really sloppy football, and the Bills really sucked! During the 4th quarter the few Bills fans attending were openly hostile chanting "We Want Wilson!"

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

1971 season...only game I ever saw at the Rockpile....Colts beat the Bills 43-0....no wonder my Dad cheered for the Dolphins throughout the 70's.  lol

Man I remember that!

1968, another nightmare season, Chargers beat the Bills 21 - 6; just horrible play. You know it's bad when the home team gets a standing ovation getting a first down!

2001 Home Opener vs the Jets.

Drew Bledsoe debut

17-0 Lead

Honoring Jim Kelly

Started really well

2 kickoff returns against

1 to start 17 point comeback in the 2nd quarter and one in OT

All-time fastest OT game in NFL history and we lose 37-31.

That was the day I learned what it is like to be a Bills fan...

• Like (+1) 1

Jeff Tuel start against KC.  I should preface this by saying that i was incredibly hung over which didn't help the experience.

Just an absolutely frustrating game that epitomized the last 15 or so years.  An 8-0 Chiefs team came in and was completely outplayed, and Buffalo lost by 10.  Pick six was terrible - as he scanned past a wide open stevie to throw it to double covered TJ Graham.  Graham also fumbled away the game in the 4th quarter.

Held them to 115 net yards passing and sub 100 rushing and lost...  by 10!!!!  Such a terrible game to attend.

It’s well known I’ve been around ‘a while..’, so I’ve witnessed some serious Stinkers. But off the top of my head, the ‘Death of EJ Game’ @ Houston 4 years back. Because of our Defense, we were in this game the whole way needing only ONE positive play from Manuel to bring home a W. 

Silver Lining: He never saw the field again 

2 hours ago, sodbuster said:

The Saints game last year was pretty bad, and my buddy locked my keys in my car, so I left the stadium a little early to call AAA and missed the streaker.

I stayed the whole freaking game, but was in the head for the streaker ! Only good thing in the game and I missed it!

43 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Some of the worst games I went to were when Hank Bullough was head coach.

They were also some of the most fun ones. By the 4th quarter no one was there, we'd be 1st row behind the visitors bench harassing the opponents. 

With no security, we'd be within feet of the players who'd come right up to the wall......ah, the good old days.

I loved a lot of those games too... damn we had fun at those games. 

BTW, absolute worst feeling I had at game I attended was first Cowboys Super Bowl in Pasadena. I was sure the Bills were gunna win.. then we get there and the place is just a dump( I know beautiful scenery etc, place is a dump) pain in da balls to get a beer and have a smoke.  And the Bills get absolutely destroyed. By far the worst feeling I have ever had after a game

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s well known I’ve been around ‘a while..’, so I’ve witnessed some serious Stinkers. But off the top of my head, the ‘Death of EJ Game’ @ Houston 4 years back. Because of our Defense, we were in this game the whole way needing only ONE positive play from Manuel to bring home a W. 

Silver Lining: He never saw the field again 

did you miss the Jacksonville game in London?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

did you miss the Jacksonville game in London?

Oh! Crap. Yeah, slipped my mind. Fairly certain he didn’t play again the year Orton took over after Houston.

Aside from 12 minutes of the 1st Half, he did bring the Bills back in Londontown..

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bills-Jagoffs 1996.  Jim Kelly's final game as a Bill.  I had goal line seats and watched Jimmy Smith walk in on that quick out right in front of me.  Watched the Bills get to midfield before Kelly was carted off after getting concussed, game over.  I was physically ill walking out of that stadium.

This and a 1983 stinker at home against the Patriots

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198310230buf.htm

Also, the opener in 2004 vs. Jax, where the Bills lost on the last play of the game, where only moments before, Jax had a fourth and a mile and the Bills "prevent defense" gave up a huge gainer.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200409120buf.htm

Edited by Ned Flanders

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Oh! Crap. Yeah, slipped my mind. Fairly certain he didn’t play again the year Orton took over after Houston.

Aside from 12 minutes of the 1st Half, he did bring the Bills back in Londontown..

Those 12 mins were Petermanesque, however.

• Sad 1

52-28 loss to Pats in 2012.  We actually had a 2TD lead in that game and we were at the 1 yard line with a chance to make it a 3TD lead when Spiller lost a fumble.  All NE after that.

I believe that was the game where a fan held up the “Tom Brady sits while he pees” banner and where Tom was caught saying F*** you b****es after he was given a TD on 4th down even though he came up short of the end zone.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Oh! Crap. Yeah, slipped my mind. Fairly certain he didn’t play again the year Orrin took over after Houston.

I almost give EJ a pass on that game due to the late "pass interference" call.  It's part of the NFL's strategy to sell Jags as Lodon's team.  They already have a full time marketing office there. They play there every year.

Nothing sells easier than winning. Those Brits don't know the rules so they won't know the difference anhway

Edited by reddogblitz

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

52-28 loss to Pats in 2012.  We actually had a 2TD lead in that game and we were at the 1 yard line with a chance to make it a 3TD lead when Spiller lost a fumble.  All NE after that.

I believe that was the game where a fan held up the “Tom Brady sits while he pees” banner and where Tom was caught saying F*** you b****es after he was given a TD on 4th down even though he came up short of the end zone.

Ya know, that spiller TD would have put the Bills up 14, and I was all like “ typical Bills”. All the Pats I go with were just smirking that Pats smirk. But the Bills get the ball to start  2nd half, March down the field get a TD from Donald Jones.  And man was I in their face.  I was all” see, new Bills team! Mentally tough!

then they give up TDS on 6 straight possessions! Man, was that ever a long post game tailgate with my butthole Pats friends. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

this was the worst, most demoralizing

November 4th, 1984

The 1-8 Browns at the 0-9 Bills

Bills had a 4th quarter lead 10-6, caused a Cleveland fumble on a completion at the 50, so there was hope, then Earnest Byner scooped the ball up and ran for the winning TD.

Didn't even cover the 2.5 point spread

don't forget is was about 50 degrees and a heavy downpour all game. That game defined the Kay Stephenson era. The 1984 team may have been our worst of all time.  A couple weeks earlier in front of a wonderful crowd of 31000, Denver crushes us 37-7, I actually left in the 3rd qtr, me and my brother suffering from brutal hangovers couldn't bear to sit through anymore. Probably the 2 worst games I ever attended. excluding super bowl 26 and 27.

Super Bowls XXVI and XXVII really sucked to be at. I was ready to leave at halftime of both games but had nothing else to do.

• Like (+1) 1