What Is The Worst Bills Game You've Attended

Not the worst game, per se, I ever attended, but the one at which I was the coldest/most miserable and have always remembered for that reason. 

December 10, 1989, New Orleans at Buffalo, we lost 22-19.

Box score has the weather as: 26 degrees, 68% humidity, 13 MPH wind, wind chill 15 degrees.

It snowed throughout the game and carpet cleaning machines were brought on the field during TV timeouts to scrub snow off of the yard lines and hashmarks so you could see where the hell the field was.

I got really cold in that game especially by about halftime and could not warm up.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Not the worst game, per se, I ever attended, but the one at which I was the coldest/most miserable and have always remembered for that reason. 

December 10, 1989, New Orleans at Buffalo, we lost 22-19.

Box score has the weather as: 26 degrees, 68% humidity, 13 MPH wind, wind chill 15 degrees.

It snowed throughout the game and carpet cleaning machines were brought on the field during TV timeouts to scrub snow off of the yard lines and hashmarks so you could see where the hell the field was.

I got really cold in that game especially by about halftime and could not warm up.

I remember that game was blacked out, watching it on my Grandfather's "bunny-ears" to get reception.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

That is the worst game I've ever seen (didn't attend).

Mine was also a Browns-Bills game. It was the Trent Edwards 3-pick 1st quarter MNF game. 

To come back after all that, and let Brady Quinn make a drive, and we missed the field goal at the end........lots of people just sat there after game staring off into the distance. Those were the dark ages.

Dick camping on the 35 yard line at the end ensuring a long FG attempt instead of trying to get closer still kills me.  that was the night I officially got off of the Dick Jauron band wagon.

Also have a funny memory of the Beast being wide open in the end zone and (it seemed) everyone at the stadium pointing to him and saying throw him the ball Trent. Finally Trent saw him too and delivered a nice pass .. finally.

This game was also not too far away from the dreaded Cowboys MNF debacle IIRC.

34 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Actually the worst game I ever attended was the Bills-Texans in Houston. That is the game where I had a perfect angle and it was like in slow motion EJ Manuel throwing an 80 yard pick 6 to a DT, that has to be one for the all time record books.

This play happens a lot more than bills fans give credit for.  I watched a game a few years ago with 2 really good QBs (Drew
Bres and somebody else I think) and they each threw that pass in the game.  I've seen Andrew Luck do it.

Obviously not a good play, but EJ is far from the only one to do this.  He is in good company.

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This play happens a lot more than bills fans give credit for.  I watched a game a few years ago with 2 really good QBs (Drew
Bres and somebody else I think) and they each threw that pass in the game.  I've seen Andrew Luck do it.

Obviously not a good play, but EJ is far from the only one to do this.  He is in good company.

You saw 2 DTs pick 6 80 yards for TDs in one game?

this was the worst, most demoralizing

November 4th, 1984

The 1-8 Browns at the 0-9 Bills

Bills had a 4th quarter lead 10-6, caused a Cleveland fumble on a completion at the 50, so there was hope, then Earnest Byner scooped the ball up and ran for the winning TD.

Didn't even cover the 2.5 point spread

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

6-3 Browns over Bills.

Worst sporting event I've ever seen at any level ever

This.  

This subject comes up periodically - and this "game" is head and shoulders below all the rest.  Flying in, we just found out our kids had swine flu.  My son went to the game anyway - and he (also) remembers it as one of the worst experiences of his life.  We had the worst seats I ever had at a game (top corner upper deck) - with the bitter cold wind just cutting into your bones.  I just remember sitting there wishing over and over for it to be over.  The only interesting thing that happened was a drunk tripping while running down the stairs and going full superman airborne right in front of us about 20 rows - had to be a world record.  Can't believe the guy didn't die.  All who attended died a little that day.

There was another horrible Cleveland game in the mid-80s I think that was the only rival - freezing cold with rain - I was literally shivering the whole 2nd half thinking WTF am I doing?

Bills-Jagoffs 1996.  Jim Kelly's final game as a Bill.  I had goal line seats and watched Jimmy Smith walk in on that quick out right in front of me.  Watched the Bills get to midfield before Kelly was carted off after getting concussed, game over.  I was physically ill walking out of that stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

Worst game I actually attended was NY Giants in 2007 at the Ralph. It started as a driving rain and ended in snow. We they had 3 running backs go over 100 yards on us. it was humiliating and so god awful wet and cold. 

The giants used that game to spring board the rest of their season and ended up in the SB. 

I remember people standing in 6 inches of water while it snowed. It was vicious weather and a humiliating loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

This.  

This subject comes up periodically - and this "game" is head and shoulders below all the rest.  Flying in, we just found out our kids had swine flu.  My son went to the game anyway - and he (also) remembers it as one of the worst experiences of his life.  We had the worst seats I ever had at a game (top corner upper deck) - with the bitter cold wind just cutting into your bones.  I just remember sitting there wishing over and over for it to be over.  The only interesting thing that happened was a drunk tripping while running down the stairs and going full superman airborne right in front of us about 20 rows - had to be a world record.  Can't believe the guy didn't die.  All who attended died a little that day.

There was another horrible Cleveland game in the mid-80s I think that was the only rival - freezing cold with rain - I was literally shivering the whole 2nd half thinking WTF am I doing?

A  terrible Browns game was the 8-0 loss in the snow with wind gust up to 40 mph but that was in 2007 with Dick Jauron. We had 7 punts and 3 first downs.  Bil actually had aspirations of the playoffs til that game, lost the rest of the way.

Some of you guys view "what's the worst game you've attended" differently...I think an ugly game that is still winnable is always better than helplessly watching a foregone conclusion.  That's why last year's Saints game is at the bottom with respect to games I've attended.

Now, if the question is after which game you attended did you feel the worst, it's home run throw-up, no question.  I've told this story many times, but I was dancing in the stands in Nashville when Christie's kick went through...

Runner up is the 4th Super Bowl in Atlanta.

• Like (+1) 1