What Is The Worst Bills Game You've Attended

I was going to say any preseason game, but there was on in particular around 1980-81, maybe against the Broncos. I remember 2 of the 3 people I went with. I remember vodka and lemonade. That’s more than I want to remember. Yes....I was that guy that night. 

HEY! It was preseason! 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was going to say any preseason game, but there was on in particular around 1980-81, maybe against the Broncos. I remember 2 of the 3 people I went with. I remember vodka and lemonade. That’s more than I want to remember. Yes....I was that guy that night. 

HEY! It was preseason! 

From what you can remember, at least it sounded fun.  

4 minutes ago, stony said:

I remember the hangover as much as the game. I was such a young amateur back then. Now? I make completely different mistakes! ?

8 minutes ago, stony said:

I think we actually got a cooler of that poison in the stadium! Hard to believe, but my fuzzy recollection is speaking to me....

I've described it before, but it was so long ago, I don't remember a lot of the details.  Since the subject has come up before, I decided to look it up.  The game was Monday October 3, 1983 versus the Jets.  The Bills lost 34-10.  I don't think the game was as close as the score.  The Bills were just terrible, and the crowd, which did a lot of drinking - starting pretty early in the game, and was upset at the terrible game they were watching.  By the half, fan reaction was turning ugly with fights all over Rich Stadium.  Fans, already drunk, were throwing nearly full cups of beer through the night air.  Whether you drank or not, you reaked of beer that night because of the shower from disgruntled fans.  Fortuynately I've attended a good number of games that were far better than that one.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Not because of the game, although that didn't help, but the weather.  It was 05 or 06 against the Giants and it poured the whole game with 40 mph winds.  No one scored at the jumbotron end of the field because it was so windy and wet.

Was that the game that it changed to snow at half time after the temperatures dropped?

I was at that Bills Giants home game and remember getting up early to run to Walmart and by some cheap ponchos for me and my brother  cause they said it was going to rain.

by half time it switched to snow and we were frozen til we got back to my truck at the end....

Jets game in 1974- hurricane type weather, Ferguson was 0-2 passing, Namath 2-18. I remember walking through the concourse almost getting blown away. My mother broke her foot walking into the game and stayed to the end.  We won, but a horrible game to sit through.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

Funny, my worst game ever was also a Bills-Browns game at Rich Stadium, 1984.  The game was in late November, or early December.  My buddy, who I purchased my season tickets with, was already playing hooky on Bills games that year...the team was fricking' awful.  But I went to every stinking game.  I was working at Tops at the time. There was this cute girl I worked with, who had never been to a game.  I asked her to go...she said yes!  She was really excited.  We went with another couple, who had seats in a different section.  Not only was the game miserable (two woefully inept teams), but the weather was brutal.  A potent combo of rain, sleet and wind... I had never left a Bills game early before (and have only done so one other time, witnessing a Patriots beat-down of the Bills on a bitter-cold day, the morining after Christmas..durning the Gaily/Fitz era), but the girl I was with was literally crying..,it was just too cold for her...we went back to the car, but had to wait for our friends until the end of the game.  The Bills lost (as they did 14 other times that season) and as I recall, it was just a fumble fest...the Bills did all the fumbling, the Browns could barely cash in on any of the turnovers...it was tight, score wise, but as I recall, the Bills fumbled a punt late in the game, which the Browns reuturned for the winning td.  Horrible day...

This was the other Cleveland game (besides the infamous 6-3 game) I was thinking of (I think you actually identified the actual game for me the last time there was a thread on this subject). .  I don't think I've ever been so cold - shivering on a cold steel bench with my feet on ice.  For years and years it was a running joke with my brother whenever something was bad - "As bad as the Cleveland game?"

At least I didn't cry (not on the outside anyway).  What a great date for that girl :lol:

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

Reading through these gems really brings back some memories!  Ugh!  I was actually at many of the games listed, which is a bit odd seeing as how I haven't lived in WNY for over 35 years.  (I've picked some really, really, really bad road games to attend!)  But...I have to say that last year's Chargers game was about as bad as it gets. Everything went down hill fast and by halftime the many Bills fans in attendance, myself included, were nothing short of furious with the Team.  It's really hard for me to believe that just a few weeks later I was running around my living room screaming like a little kid on New Year's Eve.

GO BILLS....always and forever.

• Like (+1) 1

the worst game for me was 1/15/94 Bills vs. Raiders....we won (29 - 23), but I was cold as F*** ...the back window of my car blew out in some guys yard I parked in, so I had to drive home (back to wayne county) in a blizzard with no back window...I've only been to like 5 or 6 games but I haven't been to one yet they lost in...well maybe a preseason game or 2 but I don't count those

Edited by Tsaikotic
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, corta765 said:

I have a feeling many people will respond similar. Worst game I have ever seen was that New England SNF game in 2007 when we lost 52-13. The tailgate was fun, but it felt like a blink of an eye and the game was 35-7. Just never even felt close at any point.

After that the 2010 season I saw the Bills get smoked by the Jets at home in the rain which was awful and the home finale against NE they lost 34-3 on a frigid like 10 degree day with snow. The lot we parked in literally consisted of are group and a few other groups while otherwise looking like the barren wastelands of Hoth haha.

Probably the most boring game I have seen was the Bills Dolphins TNF game in 2014 it was 3-3 at halftime and neither team had any interest in scoring.

Corta, I read the thread title and before I came in I thought of this game, the Pats game.  This was a kick to the teeth.  Especially when the went for it on fourth up by more than 20 points (I believe).  It really was Belichek letting, not th Bills but the fans, know what he thinks of us.

11 hours ago, slipkid said:

Like most, the Bills/Browns 6-3 game was the worst game I’ve ever seen.

The worst game I have ever attended was the cold, drizzly Bears game in 1979. Bears won 7-0 on a fourth quarter TD. I still have to watch that TD in Walter Payton highlight reels.

I was at that game; painful!

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, corta765 said:

I have a feeling many people will respond similar. Worst game I have ever seen was that New England SNF game in 2007 when we lost 52-13. The tailgate was fun, but it felt like a blink of an eye and the game was 35-7. Just never even felt close at any point.

After that the 2010 season I saw the Bills get smoked by the Jets at home in the rain which was awful and the home finale against NE they lost 34-3 on a frigid like 10 degree day with snow. The lot we parked in literally consisted of are group and a few other groups while otherwise looking like the barren wastelands of Hoth haha.

Probably the most boring game I have seen was the Bills Dolphins TNF game in 2014 it was 3-3 at halftime and neither team had any interest in scoring.

I was going to say, that SNF game against the Pats in '07.

Randy Moss and his wife are actually customers of mine now and I still tell them how bad he torched us that night. I think he had 4 TDs if I recall in a 56-10 drubbing.

Superbowls 25, 26 and 27

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

Jets game in 1974- hurricane type weather, Ferguson was 0-2 passing, Namath 2-18. I remember walking through the concourse almost getting blown away. My mother broke her foot walking into the game and stayed to the end.  We won, but a horrible game to sit through.

Tough Mom

1 hour ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Last year I had the pleasure of attending both BUF @ CAR, 9-3 and BUF @ JAC, 10-3.  Both were pretty painful.

OUCH

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

That isca hard question for me. We have won every game I have been to.  Anyone want to get me season tickets? lol

That's pretty decent. My wife and I went on a 10 game winning streak from 2011-2015 where we didn't see them lose. Of course the game that killed that streak was NE in 2015 when we tried to break the sound barrier. The funny thing is there were a bunch of games I straight up expected them to lose during our streak including KC 2012, CAR/BAL 2013, GB 2014, and IND 2015 where heading into those game the Bills were underdogs.