What Is The Worst Bills Game You've Attended

January 1, 2012 Buffalo @ New England****

I attended the game in Foxboro.  When we jumped out to a quick 21-0 lead in the first quarter I was ecstatic.  We were going to beat the vaunted Patriots in their own house.  I was decked out in full Bills regalia, and I was losing my damn mind.

I wasn't the only Bills fan in my section either.  There we two of the heaviest, most foul mouthed, drunken women I have ever met in my whole life sitting 3 rows behind me loudly cheering as well.  They were absolutely vile, and I, despite my joy, was apologizing to the people sitting around us, assuring them that these were not typical Bills fans (I stretched the truth a bit there).

By the end of the game I had Patriots fans consoling me.  How in the world did we give up 49 points in 3 quarters of play?!?!? 

Edit:  Bills Trivia!

This was the only NFL appearance of Brandon Coutu's career.  0-1 on FGs 3/3 on PATs

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

October 10, 1971, against the Baltimore Colts.

Bills lost at home, in the Rockpile, 43-0.

The won only one game that season. 

stay to the end?

did it snow?

Just now, row_33 said:

stay to the end?

did it snow?

I stayed for the whole thing. I seem to recall it being played in a blizzard, but that seems unlikely on October 10. They played the Colts again in December that season and lost 24-0. Maybe that was the blizzard game. So for that season the Colts beat them by a total of 67-0.

Why do I follow this team? Over fifty years. It's like a disease.

I stayed for the whole thing. I seem to recall it being played in a blizzard, but that seems unlikely on October 10. They played the Colts again in December that season and lost 24-0. Maybe that was the blizzard game. So for that season the Colts beat them by a total of 67-0.

Why do I follow this team? Over fifty years. It's like a disease.

it's a very noble pursuit, i go back to 1973.

October 10th wouldn't be out of line for near-freezing temps in the 70s.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's a very noble pursuit, i go back to 1973.

October 10th wouldn't be out of line for near-freezing temps in the 70s.

They were shut out four times that 1971 season out of 14 games, lost their first ten games, and scored only 21 touchdowns in the entire season, the worst in their history. I looked it up. I remember James Harris playing QB for them in that game. 

Edited by Dr. K
error

They were shut out four times that 1971 season out of 12 games, lost their first ten games, and scored only 21 touchdowns in the entire season, the worst in their history. I looked it up. I remember James Harris playing QB for them in that game. 

true fans for that season, at least I started with Juice getting it going .

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

1971 season...only game I ever saw at the Rockpile....Colts beat the Bills 43-0....no wonder my Dad cheered for the Dolphins throughout the 70's.  lol

I was at that game.

5 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

That game was over before it started. You could tell Brohm had zero business being out there. Although most of that season's team didn't either.......

Yeah. Me and some buddies from home who are all now scattered across the country meet up for a Bills roadie somewhere every couple of years. That one was a matter of convenience since one of the guys lives in Atlanta. So it was a really fun trip, but man, what a dog of a game. 

Just my 2 cents...

IMO no "worst game ever" could have taken place at RWS.  The stadium the game was played at has to be part of the equation, and therefore, this discussion has to begin and end with games at the Rockpile. 

PS  If you never had the opportunity to attend an event at the Rockpile, you just have to believe me when I say what a all-time shithole that place was.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/9/2018 at 1:13 PM, vorpma said:

1977, The Washington Redskins beat the Bills 10 - 0; it was cold, small crowd, really sloppy football, and the Bills really sucked! During the 4th quarter the few Bills fans attending were openly hostile chanting "We Want Wilson!"

Man I remember that!

1968, another nightmare season, Chargers beat the Bills 21 - 6; just horrible play. You know it's bad when the home team gets a standing ovation getting a first down!

This was the one I was going to post. The place was empty. As cold of a day that I can remember in Buffalo. I was just looking at the stats from that game and Jim Braxton was our leading receiver! A blocking back! 6-70yds. Absolutely miserable. 

Just looking at that season and there was a road game in Seattle that was even worse. We lost 56-17 to the 2-5 Seahawks. Man thank Chuck Knox for the rescue from that terrible era.

Edited by Dante
  • Like (+1) 1

Just remembered the week 17 2008 pats game.  Stupid Pats beat us with Matt Cassel, we were playing for nothing again, and it was the coldest i’ve still ever been in my entire life.  That was the game they threw ropes over the goalposts to pull them straight, because the wind was blowing so hard.  Was sitting in the upper bowl,  wearing about 4-5 layers, and STILL could feel the wind to my bones.  My cousin and his girl pulled the chute in the second quarter, but of course I gutted it out.  Terrible decision.  Got to watch stupid Trentative Edwards throw for a whole 128 yards.  Never disliked a quarterback for my team so much.  Actually cheered when they cut him.  During the season.  In September.  When they planned on him being a starter that year.  ? 

2 hours ago, Dante said:

This was the one I was going to post. The place was empty. As cold of a day that I can remember in Buffalo. I was just looking at the stats from that game and Jim Braxton was our leading receiver! A blocking back! 6-70yds. Absolutely miserable. 

Just looking at that season and there was a road game in Seattle that was even worse. We lost 56-17 to the 2-5 Seahawks. Man thank Chuck Knox for the rescue from that terrible era.

Dante, I think it was the lowest of the low points, crowd was just hostile, not drunk, just hostile!

The worst game I ever attended was the 2008 game against the 49ers where the Bills lost 12-9 when Lindell's reasonable FG attempt went thunk! against the upright and bounced harmlessly away.  That was late in third or fairly early in the fourth IIRC, and Losman had replaced Edwards and proceeded to give a perfect imitation of Tentative Trent.  It was a cold, wet day with just enough drizzle to make the whole experience just miserable.  My friend and I just chucked it in after that missed FG -- the first and only time I walked out of a Bills game with significant time to play simply because it was plain that the Bills wouldn't be scoring any more points in that game.  I had been disillusioned with Jauron prior to that game, but I came to loathe him after that one.   

16 hours ago, Idandria said:

Easy. The Bills v Browns that ended 6-3 to Cleveland.

it was COLD and windy on top of the fact some pretty awful football was played. Epic FAIL!

I missed that one because I chose to attend the big arts and crafts fair at Letchworth that weekend.  Didn't the QBs -- the great Trent Edwards and Derek Anderson IIRC -- together fail to throw for 100 yards combined or something horrendous like that ?