What Is The Worst Bills Game You've Attended

Last years Bills at Chargers game.  WOW what a disappointment.  Sad too because more than half the stadium seemed like it was Bills fans.  Crazy to hear a "We want Tyrod" chant in the first half too lmao.  

Second choice was Bills at SF back after Kelly retired and I forgot what train wreck QB it was but they threw 3 or 4 picks themselves, and I believe 1 or 2 were pick sixes in a major blowout loss too.  

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Saints at Bills - 2001.  Sweltering heat and we got our asses kicked.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200109090buf.htm

I remember that game. Season opener. I had sat 7 rows up from the field... bad idea. With the blistering heat it mustve been 120 where our seats were. Horrible game watching Aaron Brooks & Ricky Williams tear apart our defense. Rob Johnson with his 3 interceptions & 5 sack performance. That season opener was a bad omen for what was about to come. 17 years of playoff drought. I had forgot all about that game until i saw your post. Thanks for reminding me about it (sarcasm) haha

• Haha (+1) 1

Saints @ Buffalo was pretty bad last year. I’ve been to around 75 games and I can’t think of a worse experience. Dove 7 hours to WNY Saturday night. Got up early to go to the game and then drive back after the game. Guys I went to the game with have had seasons for 30 years and have never left a game early. We left with 4 minutes left in the third. Sad face? 

Edited by Paul Costa

Was a game in the late 1960's early 70's Cinci at Buffalo. Was a blizzard, only saw about 25minutes of the entire game. Brooker Edgerson stole the Ball from QB Greg Cook for an easy TD. That was the high lite of the game.

Edited by THE SLAMMER

1 hour ago, 707BillsFan said:

Also a West Coaster, that was my worst game too. 

Close second, a game in 95 vs the 49ers. Bills & 49ers both 8-4 going into the game, Bills could have took a lead in the 3rd, but Darick Holmes fumbled at the 1, ball was ran back 99yds by the 49ers for a TD to go up 17-10, instead of vice versa. At that point, all 49er fans wanted to fight. Wonderful experience. It was then I realized 49er fans were no better than Raider fans. Oh yeah, Bills lost 27-17, fumble killed the vibe of the game. 

Yes, that was painful!

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

6-3 Browns over Bills.

Worst sporting event I've ever seen at any level ever

Believe it or not, I was at the Pro Football Hall of Fame a day or two after that game. They made an announcement (a joke I assume, I didn't check it) that they would be showing a rebroadcast of the Bils-Browns game in the theater, at had been inducted into the HOF as the "worst game in modern NFL history".  A lot of people chuckled..I assumed it was a joke for the benefit of the locals, already then, "long suffering" Browns fans.

Funny, my worst game ever was also a Bills-Browns game at Rich Stadium, 1984.  The game was in late November, or early December.  My buddy, who I purchased my season tickets with, was already playing hooky on Bills games that year...the team was fricking' awful.  But I went to every stinking game.  I was working at Tops at the time. There was this cute girl I worked with, who had never been to a game.  I asked her to go...she said yes!  She was really excited.  We went with another couple, who had seats in a different section.  Not only was the game miserable (two woefully inept teams), but the weather was brutal.  A potent combo of rain, sleet and wind... I had never left a Bills game early before (and have only done so one other time, witnessing a Patriots beat-down of the Bills on a bitter-cold day, the morining after Christmas..durning the Gaily/Fitz era), but the girl I was with was literally crying..,it was just too cold for her...we went back to the car, but had to wait for our friends until the end of the game.  The Bills lost (as they did 14 other times that season) and as I recall, it was just a fumble fest...the Bills did all the fumbling, the Browns could barely cash in on any of the turnovers...it was tight, score wise, but as I recall, the Bills fumbled a punt late in the game, which the Browns reuturned for the winning td.  Horrible day...

I drove up from Virginia Beach to see the Bills lose 6-3 again Cleveland.  I almost left my jersey in my seat I was so mad!  The good news is the anger kept me awake for the long drive home.

Not because of the game, although that didn't help, but the weather.  It was 05 or 06 against the Giants and it poured the whole game with 40 mph winds.  No one scored at the jumbotron end of the field because it was so windy and wet.

Like most, the Bills/Browns 6-3 game was the worst game I’ve ever seen.

The worst game I have ever attended was the cold, drizzly Bears game in 1979. Bears won 7-0 on a fourth quarter TD. I still have to watch that TD in Walter Payton highlight reels.

4 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

Worst game I actually attended was NY Giants in 2007 at the Ralph. It started as a driving rain and ended in snow. We they had 3 running backs go over 100 yards on us. it was humiliating and so god awful wet and cold. 

The giants used that game to spring board the rest of their season and ended up in the SB. 

I remember people standing in 6 inches of water while it snowed. It was vicious weather and a humiliating loss. 

Beat me to it. This was a week after the 0-8 loss in Cleveland that I also attended with a bunch of friends. The blizzard in Cleveland was bad, the Giants at home was worse. Tailgate was extremely cold, but the real fun was in the seats. That’s when the ice storm began. From my seats, the wind was blowing the ice directly in our faces. Couldn’t open your eyes. Needless to say didn’t stay long for that one. Bills were blown out of course.

those 2 games back to back. Weak AF.

4 hours ago, stevewin said:

This.  

This subject comes up periodically - and this "game" is head and shoulders below all the rest.  Flying in, we just found out our kids had swine flu.  My son went to the game anyway - and he (also) remembers it as one of the worst experiences of his life.  We had the worst seats I ever had at a game (top corner upper deck) - with the bitter cold wind just cutting into your bones.  I just remember sitting there wishing over and over for it to be over.  The only interesting thing that happened was a drunk tripping while running down the stairs and going full superman airborne right in front of us about 20 rows - had to be a world record.  Can't believe the guy didn't die.  All who attended died a little that day.

There was another horrible Cleveland game in the mid-80s I think that was the only rival - freezing cold with rain - I was literally shivering the whole 2nd half thinking WTF am I doing?

When Roscoe Parrish fumbled the ball, I was so happy because it meant no overtime.  I always stay until the game ends & I just wanted to go home already by then & a scoreless overtime would have just been more torture.  I just didn't care if it cost the Bills the game, I just wanted to head home-It was a long 5 hour drive that I wanted to start ASAP.  

nov '76, chargers at bills and it was cold, really cold.  garry effin marangi was 8 for effin 30 with 3 picks. oj had a buck 18 in a losing "effort"  where the bills had one TD, a special teams recovery in the end zone while the "offense" managed 2 field goals.  

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have two which stick out because of how I felt after the game: 

one was 1996 playoffs vs Jags where Natrone Means ran all over us.

about 2005 Bills vs Fins in Miami- I think we were up 20-0 about halfway through third. we lost 21-20 I think.

both games I felt defeated and could not beleive it.

I was at that Miami game.  JP Losman was our QB.  I was also at Baltimore Colts game in Buffalo 1975 where Buffalo was up 21-0 and ending up losing 42-35.  Bert Jones kept tossing screen passes and Buffalo could not stop it to save their lives.  Oh, and that Miami game was the one got Eric Moulds suspended by Mularkey for sideline altercation.

Edited by ChasBB
additional info on Miami game

20-3 home loss to the dolphins dec 2003. When the bills won the toss the game was over, because the wind was so crazy. Dolphins took the wind, scored quick and bills couldn't throw.

Rode back to Rochester with my buddy, literally spoke no words the entire ride home, and haven't talked about it since.

Edited by HardyBoy

10 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

20-3 home loss to the dolphins dec 3003. When the bills won the toss the game was over, because the wind was so crazy. Dolphins took the wind, scored quick and bills couldn't throw.

Rode back to Rochester with my buddy, literally spoke no words the entire ride home, and haven't talked about it since.

Sorcery! 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills at Chargers 2017 -  Left before the first half was over

Bills at Raiders 2014 - Terrible stadium. Team did not show up with playoffs still a possibility

Bills at Steelers, Nov 15 1993. Monday Night game on my birthday. Drove from Columbus OH.  Bills were destroyed.

4 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

This and a 1983 stinker at home against the Patriots

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198310230buf.htm

Also, the opener in 2004 vs. Jax, where the Bills lost on the last play of the game, where only moments before, Jax had a fourth and a mile and the Bills "prevent defense" gave up a huge gainer.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200409120buf.htm

Nate going for the INT on 4th and 22.  KNOCK IT DOWN!  Ernest !@#$ing Wilford, for Christ's sake!

• Like (+1) 1