What Is The Worst Bills Game You've Attended

December 1997 game - bills/jags. Our offense was terrible and our fans were a special kind of bad that day. Remember some yelling at a child wearing a jags jersey. Only thing I remember is a fan holding up a sign that said “bring flutie in”. That dude was a prophet 

2 hours ago, cage said:

Last season... Bills at Jets Thursday night game.  Bills were riding a wave, had already beaten the Jets earlier in the season, they were 5-2, looking to be 6-2 at the halfway point and in first place.  Laid an egg, to start a 3 game losing streak where they were badly outplayed in all three (Jets, Saints, Chargers).  After a good opening drive, they were beaten pillar to post the rest of the game... now I'm depressed!

That may be the all time worse for me watching wise. I went into that day soo freaking excited to the point had Bills sock and matching blue and red tie for work plus brought my mini Bills helmet. Got to our local bar we go to for night games which was pretty packed everyone was excited they had a special on Bills shots. It would've been the first time in my adult life I remember the Bills being 6-2 and genuinely feeling like the playoffs weren't a lie.

AND.... then the game started. I ended up Gronk spiking my Iphone in anger after Tyrod's fumble in the 3rd and we left after because I knew it was time for me to go home. I think I had a three day depression after because it just reconfirmed like 17 years of doubt and fear in literally 3 hours. I really give McD and the team credit for coming back after the 3 game skid because it was impossible to not view it as another tease.

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

That is the worst game I've ever seen (didn't attend).

Mine was also a Browns-Bills game. It was the Trent Edwards 3-pick 1st quarter MNF game. 

To come back after all that, and let Brady Quinn make a drive, and we missed the field goal at the end........lots of people just sat there after game staring off into the distance. Those were the dark ages.

God I remember watching that game in college and you weren't as much angered as just so utterly shelled that they were so hopeless haha

Worst game for me was the away game in Arizona where my ticket was literally behind a pillar and I could not see anything at all except for a tv out of side of my eye.  Spent most of game trying to find place to watch game and being shooed away.  Perfect game for those who love domes.

After that is was the Browns-Bills game when we were just begging it to end sitting against the wall because no one else was in section and we had 1st row seats on 2nd level.

• Haha (+1) 1

The 6-3 Browns game has been thoroughly covered in this thread, so I'll go with another awful gameday experience:

Patriots over Bills, 56-10.

The game was flexed to Sunday night so that the national audience could see the undefeated Pats do their thing. Trent Edwards was hurt, so JP Losman got the start. I somehow believed that the Bills had a chance. Instead, Randy Moss caught FOUR first half touchdowns. That's not a misprint. The fun didn't end there. Belichick opted to go for it on 4th down, up 49-7. The Pats converted. Then the Bills faced a 4th down, and Jauron decided kicking the field goal would be best. 

And that's all I have to say about that.

• Like (+1) 1

Worst game I attended at the Ralph was Bills steelers in 2016. It was very cold and wet and Leveon Bell ran all over them all game. He had 236 yards rushing and 3 td's. I travelled 7 hours to watch the worst tackling I have ever seen. It was a must win game and the 27-20 score was wayyyyyy closer than the game actually was. Brutal .

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

The 6-3 Browns game has been thoroughly covered in this thread, so I'll go with another awful gameday experience:

Patriots over Bills, 56-10.

The game was flexed to Sunday night so that the national audience could see the undefeated Pats do their thing. Trent Edwards was hurt, so JP Losman got the start. I somehow believed that the Bills had a chance. Instead, Randy Moss caught FOUR first half touchdowns. That's not a misprint. The fun didn't end there. Belichick opted to go for it on 4th down, up 49-7. The Pats converted. Then the Bills faced a 4th down, and Jauron decided kicking the field goal would be best. 

And that's all I have to say about that.

Thats the game I picked. We left late 3rd and on our way to the parking lot heard the FG go through. Shout song and all came on and literally you heard nothing from the stadium otherwise. Sooo bad.

Either my first or most recent game.

My first was in 1969 against the Bungles. Blizzard was just as bad as last year’s Colts game, really hard to see anything at the Rockpile, but the Bills did win, thank you Harry Jacobs!

I was also at that abomination last year against the Chargers, what a downer but it couldn’t have been a more beautiful day, absolutely perfect weather.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I've lived in Los Angeles since '91, so I don't get to attend too many games. But, I was at the Chargers game last year to witness Nate Peterman making history. :bag:

Also a West Coaster, that was my worst game too. 

Close second, a game in 95 vs the 49ers. Bills & 49ers both 8-4 going into the game, Bills could have took a lead in the 3rd, but Darick Holmes fumbled at the 1, ball was ran back 99yds by the 49ers for a TD to go up 17-10, instead of vice versa. At that point, all 49er fans wanted to fight. Wonderful experience. It was then I realized 49er fans were no better than Raider fans. Oh yeah, Bills lost 27-17, fumble killed the vibe of the game. 

Edited by 707BillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

The human mind is a wonderful thing that protects us from all types of emotional agony. Would there ever be a second child if a mother couldn’t forget the pain of child birth? That’s how I feel about so many Bills game days.....

• Like (+1) 1

Oye, too many to choose from.  Living on the West Coast, I've attended about a dozen games out here and the Bills won only once, the Rams game 2 seasons ago.

The Chargers game last year ended up a rout but it was a good atmosphere of Bills fans.  I'd have to say the worst was vs the Niners in December of 2001 at Candlestick Park.  Not only were the Bills never in a 35-0 game, it was cold, windy & rainy to make it extra miserable.

Super Bowl XXVII

I was living in LA, and since the SB was in Pasadena, I got a bug up my butt about attending. The day before, I found one ticket for $700. Score!

I go there and this is what I find:

The Rose Bowl sucks. It has rows of benches instead of seats, and they are so close together, that you've got the knees of the person behind you digging into your back. There are barely any concessions outside the stadium - because at the Rose Bowl, there is no "inside" the stadium. It's really just really big bleachers. I found more variety of food and beverages and stuff at a regular LA Clippers game. 

Michael Jackson was the halftime entertainment. I hate Michael Jackson. Most overrated performer ever. No one listens to him anymore. He stole his dance moves from James Brown and his singing voice is horribly treacly and shaky. Just listen to "She's Out of My Life." I bet you can't make it through the whole song without wanting to gouge your ears with an awl. 

I was surrounded by a family from Mexico - about ten people - who all wore Dallas jerseys and did not speak any English except for "COWBOOOOOYS!" every time the Cowboys did something good. And if you remember this game, that was like every 30 seconds. They did share their yummy snacks with me and patted me on the back in empathy a few times. That family was the only thing I enjoyed about the game. 

The game itself. Jesus. Horrible in every way. I actually left a Super Bowl that I paid a lot of money to see just as the 4th quarter was starting so I could get ahead of the traffic. 

The parking - we all parked on some golf course that was just a mud pit by the time I was leaving. Had to scrape the mud off my shoes before driving home. 

So that was my Super Bowl experience. 

• Like (+1) 1

Probably my first game, early 2000s I believe, Pat's at Bill's in December after a snow/ice storm in the area. It was when Flutie was playing for the Pat's, they were getting beat into the 4th and we left, as we are walking in the Parking lot we hear the Bill's score their first TD.

Otherwise they haven't been that bad, usually go late in the year when the tickets are almost free. 2nd worst might have been the Christmas eve game against the Titans that they lost, but mostly cause of how cold it was.

Easy.

First game after the 1982 strike against the Fish.

Miserable day, miserable performance. In fact, that game was the start of some dark days that didn't end until Kelly arrived.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

did you miss the Jacksonville game in London?

I was there and that was the worst... Corey Graham to seal it... with like 2 something minutes left and EJ STILL found a way to lose... salt to the open would was that was just about the apex of the Sammy injury controversy and I remember him throwing a fit about not playing (due to injury) and spending the entire game (and after) with a black hoodie tied over his face. That whole game was painful EVERY time we touched the ball and it was not a defensive player...

I did get the chance to speak with Graham afterward and I am nearly sure he is one of if not my all-time favorite Bill. I have never seen another athlete so proud to play for his hometown than him. He truly loved being a Bill and I love that he got a ring last year. 

37 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Super Bowl XXVII

I was living in LA, and since the SB was in Pasadena, I got a bug up my butt about attending. The day before, I found one ticket for $700. Score!

I go there and this is what I find:

The Rose Bowl sucks. It has rows of benches instead of seats, and they are so close together, that you've got the knees of the person behind you digging into your back. There are barely any concessions outside the stadium - because at the Rose Bowl, there is no "inside" the stadium. It's really just really big bleachers. I found more variety of food and beverages and stuff at a regular LA Clippers game. 

Michael Jackson was the halftime entertainment. I hate Michael Jackson. Most overrated performer ever. No one listens to him anymore. He stole his dance moves from James Brown and his singing voice is horribly treacly and shaky. Just listen to "She's Out of My Life." I bet you can't make it through the whole song without wanting to gouge your ears with an awl. 

I was surrounded by a family from Mexico - about ten people - who all wore Dallas jerseys and did not speak any English except for "COWBOOOOOYS!" every time the Cowboys did something good. And if you remember this game, that was like every 30 seconds. They did share their yummy snacks with me and patted me on the back in empathy a few times. That family was the only thing I enjoyed about the game. 

The game itself. Jesus. Horrible in every way. I actually left a Super Bowl that I paid a lot of money to see just as the 4th quarter was starting so I could get ahead of the traffic. 

The parking - we all parked on some golf course that was just a mud pit by the time I was leaving. Had to scrape the mud off my shoes before driving home. 

So that was my Super Bowl experience. 

That's pretty much how I remember it, without the Mexican family. My friend sat next to Bon Jovi- he was rooting for the Bills.